GUILTY NV - Tammy Meyers, 44, fatally shot at her Las Vegas home, 12 Feb 2015 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I couldn't care less if he got great representation. Even if it was a dispute over something else, seems rather clear the suspect went to the home and was shooting at whoever was in the car. Which he didn't have a right to do, whatever it is he was upset about.

What "story" is this based on? Sorry, but it isn't that clean cut, there are many discrepancies! We have no idea what happened, it is a huge mess!

I feel so bad for them. No way I would be able to participate in a Peace Walk when my spouse/mother had just been murdered

they're going to be on an emotional roller coaster for awhile. They would do well to remain out of the spotlight for awhile and use energy for their own private family time. JMHO &IME

Personal time will be needed for final arrangements and applying for survivor benefits for himself and the minor child, counselling, final tax returns -- all the usual red tape business when a person dies. He will be eligible for assistance in funeral expenses and lost wages too through the advocate offices at LVPD. MOO All of these personal business items are going to require focus and time.

Sorry I don't believe anything this family says....they have proven they are not credible. It will all depend on defense council that En has to determine if we ever hear the truth. I am afraid he will not get great representation - anxious to see!

TM isn't a nurse!!!
I think drug deal gone bad...hope I am wrong!

Defense lawyers will be chomping at the bit to be a part of this high profile case.

What pushed Tammy Meyers’ killing into the national spotlight? | Las Vegas Review-Journal

The topsy-turvy narrative of Tammy Meyers’ slaying has generated more questions than answers.

And those questions, along with the sense of mystery they evoked, are what drew national news networks to the Las Vegas Valley to report the story, experts suggest.

(snip)

Police called it road rage, but details revealed since 911 was called show the killing is more complicated.

(snip)

Then ABC, CNN, NBC and others jumped in.

So what’s so fascinating about the Meyers story?

Experts boil it down to this: Labeling it road rage, then following every twist and turn in the growing story, often with the drama unfolding on camera.

The Meyers family has been easily accessible to reporters since the Feb. 12 shooting. National media initially showed up for that, according to William Sousa, director of UNLV’s Center for Crime and Justice Policy. But they stayed to see how things played out.

And it’s not surprising, he said.

“When we think of crime, it’s the stranger incident we’re afraid of,” Sousa said Friday. “Incidents of violence are very common between acquaintances. What’s interesting is acts of violence committed by strangers.”

But in this case, the stranger element is gone.

The Meyers family knows the shooting suspect.

Erich Nowsch, 19, was arrested Thursday and faces a murder charge, among others. He lives a block away from the Meyers, right around the corner from where Tammy Meyers was shot in the head.

Roberts Meyers’ said his wife used to spend time with Nowsch, counseling him and giving him food and money. Neighbors said Nowsch struggled with his father’s suicide and that he sometimes got kicked out of his house.

But that wasn’t the only aspect of the family’s version of the story that was hidden the first few days they went on camera.

MuchMore@Link
http://m.reviewjournal.com/news/las-vegas/what-pushed-tammy-meyers-killing-national-spotlight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

it's a cautionary tale.......call 911 at first sign of serious trouble JMO.....that's why I think this has also sent the message home to many.

I am about as amateur as it comes regarding mental illness so take this for what that's worth -
I wonder if EN absorbed a lot of the media coverage and integrated it into his "memory" and ultimately his confession, or something similar. On the surface, I would feel comfortable saying he might be somewhat paranoid delusional from whatever underlying physiological causes, be it self-medication/drug abuse or an inherited tendency for mental illness.

I feel terrible for his mother. (Tammy, too, mind you, but she is now safe and free from earthly worries, IMO.)

I dont think he saw or heard any of the media coverage, or he probably would have claimed BM shot at him first at both scenes. Sure there are no spent bullets of BM's at the 1st scene, but who is to say he didnt pick them up or police intentionally overlooked them?

Given some knowledge of the media he could have had a lot better story than that. In fact most attorneys would be willing to give him free advice just over the phone.

(I do not believe any of that to be the case though.)

What pushed Tammy Meyers’ killing into the national spotlight? | Las Vegas Review-Journal

The topsy-turvy narrative of Tammy Meyers’ slaying has generated more questions than answers.

And those questions, along with the sense of mystery they evoked, are what drew national news networks to the Las Vegas Valley to report the story, experts suggest.

(snip)

Police called it road rage, but details revealed since 911 was called show the killing is more complicated.

(snip)

Then ABC, CNN, NBC and others jumped in.

So what’s so fascinating about the Meyers story?

Experts boil it down to this: Labeling it road rage, then following every twist and turn in the growing story, often with the drama unfolding on camera.

The Meyers family has been easily accessible to reporters since the Feb. 12 shooting. National media initially showed up for that, according to William Sousa, director of UNLV’s Center for Crime and Justice Policy. But they stayed to see how things played out.

And it’s not surprising, he said.

“When we think of crime, it’s the stranger incident we’re afraid of,” Sousa said Friday. “Incidents of violence are very common between acquaintances. What’s interesting is acts of violence committed by strangers.”

But in this case, the stranger element is gone.

The Meyers family knows the shooting suspect.

Erich Nowsch, 19, was arrested Thursday and faces a murder charge, among others. He lives a block away from the Meyers, right around the corner from where Tammy Meyers was shot in the head.

Roberts Meyers’ said his wife used to spend time with Nowsch, counseling him and giving him food and money. Neighbors said Nowsch struggled with his father’s suicide and that he sometimes got kicked out of his house.

But that wasn’t the only aspect of the family’s version of the story that was hidden the first few days they went on camera.

MuchMore@Link
http://m.reviewjournal.com/news/las-vegas/what-pushed-tammy-meyers-killing-national-spotlight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What pushed Tammy Meyers’ killing into the national spotlight?

Crazed people due to a full moon?

have we heard if DP is even on the table?

What pushed Tammy Meyers’ killing into the national spotlight?

Crazed people due to a full moon?

Tonight I heard a lecture by a cold case detective from LA, he said there are only 3 reasons that people commit any crime. He emphasized the 3, and I rolled my eyes... yeah right. People are more complicated than that, I thought.

1. Greed of money, material items
2. Sexual lust
3. Power

And I will be damned if I didnt try to disprove that in my mind with every single case I could think of, but I think he is right. So which was EN's motive? I think BM's and TM's was obviously to exert power.

I'm still not clear on what really happened. Is it just me?
Nope! I think it's safe to say that we are all unclear! The only thing I am certain of is - is that every single person involved in this case seems to be lying to cover up the real reason that led to the shooting death of Tammy Meyers!

Tonight I heard a lecture by a cold case detective from LA, he said there are only 3 reasons that people commit any crime. He emphasized the 3, and I rolled my eyes... yeah right. People are more complicated than that, I thought.

2. Sexual lust
3. Power

And I will be damned if I didnt try to disprove that in my mind with every single case I could think of, but I think he is right. So which was EN's motive? I think BM's and TM's was obviously to exert power.

I think it was a power struggle for EN.......finding his way ......authority issues/loss of father/conflicts with law & mother.....speed dialing friends for rides he was Baby G -- in the big bad world he was really powerless by conventional standards MOO

2. Sexual lust
3. Power

I can come up with a bunch of other reasons if we are talking about murders.
Revenge, jealousy, get rid of unwanted spouse, etc.

I would think so unless he's never been there before and any encounter they had took place at the park and or school?????

It is really hard for me to believe that he did not know where the Meyers family lived. He was the same age as 2 of the boys, went to the same high school,and reportedly close friends with Tammy. She cooked for him and they walked their dogs together?

I still do not believe that he would not know the green classic oldsmobile and/or the house.

In my experience, teens usually know where the other teens in their immediate neighborhood live and what cars they drive. JMO

It is really hard for me to believe that he did not know where the Meyers family lived. He was the same age as 2 of the boys, went to the same high school,and reportedly close friends with Tammy. She cooked for him and they walked their dogs together?

I still do not believe that he would not know the green classic oldsmobile and/or the house.

In my experience, teens usually know where the other teens in their immediate neighborhood live and what cars they drive. JMO

Maybe he was stoned and paranoid? If there is any truth to the story he supposedly told his friends, sounds like he believed people were out to get him.

I can come up with a bunch of other reasons if we are talking about murders.
Revenge, jealousy, get rid of unwanted spouse, etc.

I guess the detective would put those under the broader categories of

2. Sexual lust
3. Power

Revenge= Power?
jealousy= 1 or 2 depending upon reason for jealousy
disposing of spouse= usually it is because of $ and/ or new love

If EN didn't know where TM lived and that they had a green Buick I'll consume my headgear.

The teens from this neighborhood remind me of a cross between the protagonists from the movies "Alpha Dog" and "Malibu's Most Wanted."

"Alpha Dog" was a true story about middle-class kids (early 20's and younger) thinking they were hotshots, waving guns around, trash-talking, doing and dealing drugs. They end up killing a teen boy because his older brother owed money for drugs.

"Malibu's Most Wanted" is a comedy about a skinny white kid "B-Rad" and his friends who all live in an upper-class neighborhood in Cali, and fancy themselves "gangstas." They all talk and behave as if they grew up on the mean streets. The name of one of the "gang" is Bloodbath lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amakur