GUILTY NV - Tammy Meyers, 44, fatally shot at her Las Vegas home, 12 Feb 2015 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I couldn't care less if he got great representation. Even if it was a dispute over something else, seems rather clear the suspect went to the home and was shooting at whoever was in the car. Which he didn't have a right to do, whatever it is he was upset about.

he's def going down for something, even if it's manslaughter and illegal gun. The boy's going away.

The teens from this neighborhood remind me of a cross between the protagonists from the movies "Alpha Dog" and "Malibu's Most Wanted."

"Alpha Dog" was a true story about middle-class kids (early 20's and younger) thinking they were hotshots, waving guns around, trash-talking, doing and dealing drugs. They end up killing a teen boy because his older brother owed money for drugs.

"Malibu's Most Wanted" is a comedy about a skinny white kid "B-Rad" and his friends who all live in an upper-class neighborhood in Cali, and fancy themselves "gangstas." They all talk and behave as if they grew up on the mean streets. The name of one of the "gang" is Bloodbath lol.

and EN's gang is supposedly called Alpha Block

im trying to picture him in prison... looks about 12... wanna be gangsta... somehow Im thinking he is not going to be getting too much respect there...

sbm bbm

Now back to being road rage? Okee-dokee then (sarc).

If DA does not fault Brandon at this point (my emphasis) w doing anything wrong, is DA leaving door open to charge w something in future?
If so, what?

I don't think Brandon will be charged with anything period.

What will they charge him with? He broke no laws.

He had a legally registered firearm.
He has a legal right to defend himself and others from imminent danger.
He did not shoot his weapon at crime scene #1 when he certainly could have legally done when being fired upon by EN.
He only shot three times when the perpetrator came to the Myers home and unloaded his weapon striking and killing Tammy.
He didn't even break the law by taking his legally registered firearm with him. Even if he didn't have a CCWP he can take his firearm in his car if it is in plain sight.

It would be rather unheard of for the DA to charge EN with attempted murder of Brandon and then turn around and charge Brandon who didn't kill anyone and only used his weapon in self defense and even then only shot three times. I have never heard of that happening and it isn't going to happen in this case either. The DA is seeing him as a victim of ENs also or he wouldn't have charged EN with attempted murder of Brandon Myers.

As far as I know I haven't seen the DA back off saying this isn't a road rage and he is the one with the evidence in his hands and is going to be the one to try this case. When did the DA say it wasn't a road rage case?

Tammy was murdered just 10 days ago. I've never seen a case where everything was clear so soon.

Can you elaborate? I came here to try to piece together what happened as I have not a clue. As I read through the posts, I see almost everyone is equally unclear still. Since you see the case as clear, can you explain what you think happened?

He did not shoot his weapon at crime scene #1 when he certainly could have legally done when being fired upon by EN.
He only shot three times when the perpetrator came to the Myers home and unloaded his weapon striking and killing Tammy.
He didn't even break the law by taking his legally registered firearm with him. Even if he didn't have a CCWP he can take his firearm in his car if it is in plain sight.

It would be rather unheard of for the DA to charge EN with attempted murder of Brandon and then turn around and charge Brandon who didn't kill anyone and only used his weapon in self defense and even then only shot three times. I have never heard of that happening and it isn't going to happen in this case either. The DA is seeing him as a victim of ENs also or he wouldn't have charged EN with attempted murder of Brandon Myers.

As far as I know I haven't seen the DA back off saying this isn't a road rage and he is the one with the evidence in his hands and is going to be the one to try this case. When did the DA say it wasn't a road rage case?

BBM. I don't think we can draw that conclusion, at least not yet.

If EN's claim is true that he saw someone in the green car waving a gun or holding a gun out the window or pointing a gun at EN, and if the person doing that was Brandon, then Brandon is probably guilty of brandishing. (I'm assuming that Nevada and/or LV has laws against that.) Pointing a gun at is generally a threat and can generally be considered some type of assault. So Brandon may well have broken one or more laws at that point -- and that was, AFAIK, before EN fired any shots, which just makes it worse for Brandon (IMO).

Also, I think the details of exactly what happened are still very much up in the air regarding who followed who, who did what, who was driving, who shot first, etc. As far as I can tell, we don't have enough verified, confirmed details about how this whole incident unfolded to draw any conclusions about who might have broken which laws.

I'm not asserting that Brandon is guilty of anything. Brandon may not have broken any laws. Or he may have. I'm only asserting that we can't know for sure at this point.

When I drove by Mt. Shasta yesterday I noticed the street is small and only a handful of houses on each side. The houses looked close together as well. The Audi would have had to been close to TM's house in order to shoot. I wasn't sure of the address when I drove by, but if TM's house is on the left as you drive into the cul de sac, the Audi would have made a turn at the end of the street pulled towards the house and fired. I have not read if any neighbors heard the shots, I would think there would have been some witnesses?????

If EN's claim is true that he saw someone in the green car waving a gun or holding a gun out the window or pointing a gun at EN, and if the person doing that was Brandon, then Brandon is probably guilty of brandishing. (I'm assuming that Nevada and/or LV has laws against that.) Pointing a gun at is generally a threat and can generally be considered some type of assault. So Brandon may well have broken one or more laws at that point -- and that was, AFAIK, before EN fired any shots, which just makes it worse for Brandon (IMO).

Also, I think the details of exactly what happened are still very much up in the air regarding who followed who, who did what, who was driving, who shot first, etc. As far as I can tell, we don't have enough verified, confirmed details about how this whole incident unfolded to draw any conclusions about who might have broken which laws.

I'm not asserting that Brandon is guilty of anything. Brandon may not have broken any laws. Or he may have. I'm only asserting that we can't know for sure at this point.

Prosecutor has a wide discretion on whether to prosecute someone. Even if Brandon brandished his weapon, doesn't look like DA cares. I don't think there will be any charges against him.

I personally agree Brandon won't be charged. I kept wondering why the police kept supporting the Meyers' family even after all the changing stories. I thought at first the Dad might be LE, but then found out he wasn't. I think what happened is police found 22 rounds at the scene, ruled out Brandon's gun for all those rounds (plus the three from Brandon's gun) and concluded (probably rightly) that Brandon wasn't guilty of the major crime in this matter. The dead person was hit by the gun shooting 22 rounds. This doesn't mean that Brandon didn't somehow provoke the whole thing by (probably) brandishing his gun in the first place. I think probably Brandon and sister were trying to hide their involvement in provoking stuff, thus all the changing stories. At the point their car was driven back and followed home, though, EN became the aggressor.

it's a cautionary tale.......call 911 at first sign of serious trouble JMO.....that's why I think this has also sent the message home to many.

What I can't get my head around is why a middle aged adult, parent, would decide it's preferable to make sure there's a gun in the car and go take care of things along with their adult child, rather than pick up the phone and dial three digits.
Something doesn't add up here. Maybe I'm missing something. How is one counseling, cookie giving and kind...and also comfortable with putting their own kids in danger.

If this case goes to trial, hopefully the details of what exactly what went on in all those park visits (gifting of cash, etc) will be examined by the defense.

This is one strange case.

Prosecutor has a wide discretion on whether to prosecute someone. Even if Brandon brandished his weapon, doesn't look like DA cares. I don't think there will be any charges against him.

True, and entirely possible. Or there may still be a lot more that led up to this incident that could involve charges against one or more Meyers family members.

I'm convinced that we don't yet have anywhere near the whole back story between EN and the Meyers family. Depending on what the back story is, there could be a lot of people eligible for criminal charges. And yes, I agree, the prosecutor has a lot of latitude in deciding who he's going to charge and what he's going to charge them with.

And EN's lawyer starts his public opinion campaign:
http://abcnews.go.com/US/road-rage-...ing-timeline/story?id=29134658&cid=fb_abcn_sf

"Conrad Claus, one of the attorneys who represents Erich Nowsch, 19, told ABC News he questions why descriptions of events leading up to the fatal shooting of Tammy Meyers changed, why Meyers and her children would behave the way they purportedly did, and why a composite sketch a of suspect done before his client was arrested Thursday does not more closely resemble Nowsch."

The ever-changing stories put out by the various Meyers family members are going to give EN's attorneys a lot of opportunities to raise reasonable doubt. Whether they'll be able to create enough reasonable doubt in at least one juror remains to be seen, of course, but they've got a lot to work with.

First I don't find EN as truthful as some evidently do. Him saying he saw someone (and no where did he say it was Brandon Myers) imo was an attempt to lessen why he murdered in cold blood. Him proving such assertions are slim to none.

I am sure by now the police have videos of the area around the school and see no one pointing a gun at anyone. In fact I find his story highly suspicious and reeking with paranoia. So he says he sees a car in the school parking lot from where he was standing in the park and he knew they were pointing at him with a gun? So he calls his friend and they find TMs vehicle and then the friend goes right up to the car knowing the occupants have a 'gun' and boldly threatens them?

I also imagine they have taken Brandon's cell phone to show where he was at the time Tammy and her daughter were when encountering the other man who threatened them. And I also wouldn't be surprised in the least if they have accumulated other footage from home owners in the areas.

Imo, there will be no evidence supporting that Brandon was brandishing his weapon. BM wasn't the forceful dude who thought he was Billy bad *advertiser censored*....that's the unknown driver and EN who not only brandished his gun but used several magazines and bragged about it.

First I don't find EN as truthful as some evidently do. Him saying he saw someone (and no where did he say it was Brandon Myers) imo was an attempt to lessen why he murdered in cold blood. Him proving such assertions are slim to none.

I am sure by now the police have videos of the area around the school and see no one pointing a gun at anyone. In fact I find his story highly suspicious and reeking with paranoia. So he says he sees a car in the school parking lot from where he was standing in the park and he knew they were pointing at him with a gun? So he calls his friend and they find TMs vehicle and then the friend goes right up to the car knowing the occupants have a 'gun' yet goes right up to them and boldly threatens them?

I also imagine they have taken Brandon's cell phone to show where he was at the time Tammy and her daughter were when encountering the other man who threatened them. And I also wouldn't be surprised in the least if they have accumulated other footage from home owners in the areas.

Imo, there will be no evidence supporting that Brandon was brandishing his weapon. BM wasn't the forceful dude who thought he was Billy bad *advertiser censored*....that's the unknown driver and EN who not only brandished his gun but used several magazines and bragged about it.
In my opinion, We have a whole lot of liars here. I don't think anyone is telling the truth.

Does anyone know exactly where that surveillance video came from that showed the silver/grey sedan -- the physical location of the camera, I mean? And if there was a timestamp on that video that indicates what time the silver car passed by that camera? And how that timestamp fits in with timeline of any of the versions we've heard so far?

True, and entirely possible. Or there may still be a lot more that led up to this incident that could involve charges against one or more Meyers family members.

I'm convinced that we don't yet have anywhere near the whole back story between EN and the Meyers family. Depending on what the back story is, there could be a lot of people eligible for criminal charges. And yes, I agree, the prosecutor has a lot of latitude in deciding who he's going to charge and what he's going to charge them with.

I agree. It still doesn't add up. The story EN supposedly told his friends, and what Meyers have been telling, somehow didn't mention that Meyers knew the suspect, and that EN knew the Meyers.

And EN's lawyer starts his public opinion campaign:
http://abcnews.go.com/US/road-rage-...ing-timeline/story?id=29134658&cid=fb_abcn_sf

"Conrad Claus, one of the attorneys who represents Erich Nowsch, 19, told ABC News he questions why descriptions of events leading up to the fatal shooting of Tammy Meyers changed, why Meyers and her children would behave the way they purportedly did, and why a composite sketch a of suspect done before his client was arrested Thursday does not more closely resemble Nowsch."

The ever-changing stories put out by the various Meyers family members are going to give EN's attorneys a lot of opportunities to raise reasonable doubt. Whether they'll be able to create enough reasonable doubt in at least one juror remains to be seen, of course, but they've got a lot to work with.

That was so very predictable. You don't have to be a lawyer to know that was going to happen.

What I can't get my head around is why a middle aged adult, parent, would decide it's preferable to make sure there's a gun in the car and go take care of things along with their adult child, rather than pick up the phone and dial three digits.
Something doesn't add up here. Maybe I'm missing something. How is one counseling, cookie giving and kind...and also comfortable with putting their own kids in danger.

If this case goes to trial, hopefully the details of what exactly what went on in all those park visits (gifting of cash, etc) will be examined by the defense.

This is one strange case.

The same thing could be said about KN. He could have called 911 just as easily instead of going on a hunt to kill.

I am sure by now the police have videos of the area around the school and see no one pointing a gun at anyone. In fact I find his story highly suspicious and reeking with paranoia. So he says he sees a car in the school parking lot from where he was standing in the park and he knew they were pointing at him with a gun? So he calls his friend and they find TMs vehicle and then the friend goes right up to the car knowing the occupants have a 'gun' and boldly threatens them?

I personally don't believe a word that anyone has said, including EN. I think they're probably all guilty of poor judgment, at best, and I suspect most of the players probably violated one more criminal laws.

What actually happened is not yet known. What can be proved remains to be seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Karmalicious478