GUILTY NV - Tammy Meyers, 44, fatally shot at her Las Vegas home, 12 Feb 2015 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has there been any clue as to what the suspect was allowed to get high with? To me, there is a big difference between a few (or more) puffs of marijuana, and (for example) meth. Or an injection of heroin.

Not to me. Their objective was to get him out of the house, peacefully. As it stands he surrendered with no injuries to him, his family, innocent bystanders or LE. I don't much care if one of the SWAT team deilvered heroin to him so he could inject it. They accomplished what they needed to.

I live in Los Angeles and I cannot tell you how often our newscasts are interupted so we can view another police chase. I have yet to see them chasing a murder suspect. Most of the time the "suspect" has some weapons or drug charge pending, but they chase the idiot through L.A. Traffic endangering hundreds of innocent people. There have been many innocent casualties as a result of this stupidity. So, living where I do, I have a special appreciation for a little common sense.

Here's the thing that makes me disbelieve the driving story:

It seems clear everyone in the neighborhood knew what was going on at night at the park. There is also innuendo that TM was a client of EN's.

We all know drugs and violence go hand in hand. There is NO WAY a mom would take a daughter for a driving lesson in the same place (can we call it the same place?) where they knew drug deals were happening.

There was no driving lesson. The sooner the Meyers family admits that, the better. If Bob wants to get out front of the story, he needs to admit what TM was buying from EN. The toxicology will be out in a few weeks

I agree. No drving lesson. They may have been at the park, but not for a driving lesson, IMO.

So let's play a game where we ignore every single thing the Meyers' family has stated.

What do we know for sure?

Has there been any clue as to what the suspect was allowed to get high with? To me, there is a big difference between a few (or more) puffs of marijuana, and (for example) meth. Or an injection of heroin.
Probably everything he had in his possession!

I believe the atty said weed. Now, we think of weed as mild and harmless, but that new fancy medical grade stuff coming out of colorado is POTENT. And I once knew someone who got high as a kite in the middle of the first toke of the supposed government strain of G-13 out of the Mississippi lab.
People on pills get super high when they smoke weed. You look at them after smoking a little weed and wonder how they could be so damn high. Later you learn their pill addicts and it makes perfect sense.

No, that is not what they said at all. What they said is that it will make more sense when they provide the summary of the investigation.
I'm getting tired of rehashing this. Again, there seems to be a problem with context clues. You can't just go by what he SAYS. You have to take into consideration the actual questions he was responding to. Prior to saying it will make more sense after they provide a summary of the investigation, a reporter asked if the search continued for the person in the sketch. He says they are no longer looking for the person in the sketch. Furthermore, his admitting it was more of a general manhunt indicates that the Meyers did not tell them EN was the shooter, not just that they didn't tell LE they knew him in a relationship type of way.

Here is exactly what was said during this news conference:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQblxbgmefs

Reporter: Should we still be looking for that guy in the sketch?

LE: I don't believe so, no.

Reporter: Captain, did police know that the Meyer's family knew the suspect? And if so, why weren't we given a more accurate description? It seemed it was a general manhunt rather than someone they knew.

LE: That's accurate. And that didn't all come together until today.

Reporter: Police didn't know until today that the Meyers knew him?

LE: We did not know that.

Reporter: That sketch and that description, six feet tall late 20s early 30s, does not even closely match Erich from his look. Was that the other suspect? Does that give us any indication as to why was that so different?

LE: All I can tell you is that will make more sense when we provide the summary investigation. There's just so much emotion at this point in time. It's very difficult to provide that. We're trying to satisfying the needs of the media news cycle without compromising our ability to put together a report that makes sense.

Reporter: Was he the shooter or was he the only shooter?

LE: It is believed right now that he is the only shooter, but there is another suspect in the incident.

If I am not transporting a person it would go in glove box.....he was being filmed.....

even for security reasons put it out of view when not required....

None of this matters. It is just another sneaky way to bash the family of the victim.

I agree. No drving lesson. They may have been at the park, but not for a driving lesson, IMO.

That is why I wondered ( up thread ) whether TM used " driving lesson" as a euphemism for going to the school to buy drugs... if anyone saw them she had daughter with her and was " giving her driving lessons"....

Not to me. Their objective was to get him out of the house, peacefully. As it stands he surrendered with no injuries to him, his family, innocent bystanders or LE. I don't much care if one of the SWAT team deilvered heroin to him so he could inject it. They accomplished what they needed to.

I live in Los Angeles and I cannot tell you how often our newscasts are interupted so we can view another police chase. I have yet to see them chasing a murder suspect. Most of the time the "suspect" has some weapons or drug charge pending, but they chase the idiot through L.A. Traffic endangering hundreds of innocent people. There have been many innocent casualties as a result of this stupidity. So, living where I do, I have a special appreciation for a little common sense.

I haven't mentioned this before, but the only time my brother was involved in a serious accident was during a high speed chase, with a juvenile who had just stolen a car. That accident nearly killed my brother and the others in that car, and when he and the other victims showed up for court, the suspect took the plea deal as they were hoping nobody would show up. IICR, the suspect was given juvenile time as he wasn't tried as an adult. I wouldn't be surprised if the suspect is in prison today as he already had a lengthy record as a juvenile.

I think this is one of those ''fluid investigations'' ((such a buzz phrase)).......all is yet to be revealed.

Working on ''just the shooting'' .... is going to be a big challenge without the evidence of the vehicle and the driver.

hot mess for DA for sure......

Also, its bad news when the DA is already on the defensive, which he already is. The DA has already had to dance around what really happened by saying something to the effect of some things are on the periphery and that the DA is focusing on the core event, which is TM died from a single gunshot wound to the head.

The DA is already in trouble in terms of getting a smooth prosecution of EN.... All thanks to the Meyers family.

I'm getting tired of rehashing this. Again, there seems to be a problem with context clues. You can't just go by what he SAYS. You have to take into consideration the actual questions he was responding to. Prior to saying it will make more sense after they provide a summary of the investigation, a reporter asked if the search continued for the person in the sketch. He says they are no longer looking for the person in the sketch. Furthermore, his admitting it was more of a general manhunt indicates that the Meyers did not tell them EN was the shooter, not just that they didn't tell LE they knew him in a relationship type of way.

Here is exactly what was said during this news conference:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQblxbgmefs

Reporter: Should we still be looking for that guy in the sketch?

LE: I don't believe so, no.

Reporter: Captain, did police know that the Meyer's family knew the suspect? And if so, why weren't we given a more accurate description? It seemed it was a general manhunt rather than someone they knew.

LE: That's accurate. And that didn't all come together until today.

Reporter: Police didn't know until today that the Meyers knew him?

LE: We did not know that.

Reporter: That sketch and that description, six feet tall late 20s early 30s, does not even closely match Erich from his look. Was that the other suspect? Does that give us any indication as to why was that so different?

LE: All I can tell you is that will make more sense when we provide the summary investigation. There's just so much emotion at this point in time. It's very difficult to provide that. We're trying to satisfying the needs of the media news cycle without compromising our ability to put together a report that makes sense.

Reporter: Was he the shorter or was he the only shooter?

LE: It is believed right now that he is the only shooter, but there is another suspect in the incident.

Yes, I am tired of re-hashing this as well.

Like I said, he DID NOT say sketch is no longer relevant. He said that it will make more sense when they provide the summary of the investigation.

Totally off topic -- but did you see the chase last night?! The driver dropped his passenger off at home in the middle of the chase! LOL! It was ridiculous, but at the same time, I kept KTLA on until it was over. :)

None of this matters. It is just another sneaky way to bash the family of the victim.

no...not at all...just surprised that it was in the window perhaps for a ploy which is opposite of what you are suggesting......MOO....it blocked the view of the road which was the point of the video wasn't it??

videographer was in rear and am surprised placard wasn't removed for better viewing of the road.

ok......((sorry to see handicapped parking placard))

I have a personal peeve against people who use handicap placards when they don't really need them....just sayin'

And, yet, it doesn't surprise me at all that he has one.... KWIM?

when not 'in transit w/handicapped' most folks I know put the placard in their console or glovebox --IME

no...not at all...just surprised that it was in the window perhaps for a ploy which is opposite of what you are suggesting......MOO....it blocked the view of the road which was the point of the video wasn't it????

Nuff said.

I agree. And since the grandmother lived with the Meyers - the handicap sticker may have been for her.

"Police remained tight-lipped about their efforts, a day after homicide Capt. Chris Tomaino told reporters that pieces of the puzzle would fit together once the case is turned over to prosecutors.

Tomaino said a sketch that had been circulated early in the investigation was no longer relevant."

I do think it is possible that it isn't relevant because they already know who it is, rather than that it is a phony picture.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kellieshoes