GUILTY NV - Tammy Meyers, 44, fatally shot at her Las Vegas home, 12 Feb 2015 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The only thing I'm basing my opinion on is from the police report, I wish I had more to go on. Oh, and all you WS'ers opinions as well :blowkiss:..

I'm sure the DA wishes Dad would keep is mouth shut! :tantrum:

Bob appears to be that guy, the guy that keeps on talking, loves hearing himself talk, he is always right, has a story for everything and anything. No matter how nicely you tell him to shut up, he won't.

The daughter didn't have a permit, which means she wasn't on the car insurance. I have a hard time seeing any responsible parent being happily comfortable with a situation like this, especially in a busy city like Las Vegas. Beyond that, the supposed driving lesson would have taken place during curfew hours.

In my state a permit driver is not yet on insurance until they pass the road test and are licensed. My son had many friends whose parents let them drive in empty parking lots before they were permitted. Driving at night or on the weekend are the prime times to go out for a spin.

My kids were angry that they could not go out for a drive before they got their permits.

None of you know that mother wasn't in the car, so I wouldn't be accusing anyone of lying that mother was in the car, if I were you. I am not sure why it makes any more sense to anyone that mother wasn't in the car.

The original story had one single trip in the car. Mom and daughter only. They encountered the silver car, collision, yelling, silver car followed them home and shot at them. In the original story, Brandon was never in the car. Brandon was home sleeping. He got up, got dressed, got his gun from granny's drawer, and came out of the house and returned fire. With either a shotgun or a handgun.

Is that the way it happened? Was Brandon not in the car at all that night?
Why did EN say that he "got those kids"?
Why did the story change about Brandon being at home sleeping vs. out with mom looking for the silver car?

Which version of the Meyers' story makes the most sense to you, and why? Seriously. This is not a snarky question. I'm honestly curious.

I'm inclined to believe that TM was giving driving lessons, or at least was in the car with her daughter. I'm also inclined to believe that TM took her son to go out and look for them, and this I'm having a hard time with, why not call 911 instead if you are feeling threatened???? When EN said he saw someone point a gun at him, this is when I think TM and son were in the car, I think the son pulled out his gun to show the Audi not to mess with them and that is when the Audi took off, then stopped and took shots at the Buick. I think TM and her son didn't realize what they were up against and took off back to their house. This is MOO and I'm not even sure if it's the correct opinion.. lol too many things going on to try and piece together.

I think TM must have not realized EN was armed. Maybe she thought he would be scared if he saw their gun.
It wasn't a very smart thing to do, but once he started shooting at them, they got out of there quickly. He didn't have to follow them.

I...I'm having a hard time with, why not call 911 instead if you are feeling threatened????
When I was a senior in high school, I kinda had my own place. My town was kind of based around a distillery during its "heyday." My parents lived (still do) in one of the distillers' houses. They "make" Henry McKenna bourbon somewhere now, but the original distillery has been unused since the 1960's or '70's. The revenuer's office (where my grandfather worked) came up for sale for cheap and they bought it. They didn't know what to do with it, so I stayed there.
One night while I was gone for a while, some friends came over. Since I wasn't there and the door was locked they kicked it in. I know I should have been more furious that they broke my door and were fooling around and getting high in my house. But nobody (family or me) wanted them to get in trouble for something silly and stupid like that. We called the cops so that we could verify that the door was broken by someone getting in (so that we could get it repaired by insurance or whatever).
The cops harassed me and the friends I was with (that were with me when the break-in was discovered) more than the actual people that did the breaking-in. That was one of the first things that led to my mistrust of the police. Had anyone in the family been doing anything wrong, that is probably why they didn't want to involve the cops. Even if that "wrongness" had nothing to do with the road rage stuff.

The only thing I'm basing my opinion on is from the police report, I wish I had more to go on. Oh, and all you WS'ers opinions as well :blowkiss:..

We are lucky to have our ace photographer! Appreciate your input, it helped me understand the lay of the land much better.
This case is a puzzler for sure.

How many people live in that house? Does Grandma and Grandpa both live there, and is it Tammy or Bob's parents? Why would granny have his gun in her drawer, is granny somehow going to be thrown under the bus?

How many people live in that house? Does Grandma and Grandpa both live there, and is it Tammy or Bob's parents? Why would granny have his gun in her drawer, is granny somehow going to be thrown under the bus?
...or run over by a reindeer?

Sorry leah, I couldn't help myself. :laughing:

Seriously, that's a good question. How many people do live at that house? It would be interesting to hear their versions of the nights events.

There ''could'' be more witnesses and that would sure help to sort things out for the DA and LE.

I have many doubts until I see some kind of evidence beyond what a bunch of liars and druggies say happened, but I always tend towards skepticism.

But, I am just the opposite. I am usually "guilty as charged" This time, not so much. for the same reasons you have.

Right?? So odd to keep a pistol in Granny's drawers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think there are two separate discussions going on here.

There's "What do we think happened?"

And there's "What can be proved?"

Those two things aren't necessarily identical.

None of you know that mother wasn't in the car, so I wouldn't be accusing anyone of lying that mother was in the car, if I were you. I am not sure why it makes any more sense to anyone that mother wasn't in the car.

We are just theorizing. That's the very purpose of this forum. It makes TOTAL and COMPLETE sense to me that she wasn't in the car, for all the myriad reasons that have been explained to you over and over.

I for one am done debating this with you. Many posters have very thoughtfully and articulately explained why the Meyers are suspicious and why that fact matters. You keep asking the same questions and posting your same points. We get it. You think "He followed them home and shot her." YOU don't know THAT! There are dozens of possibilities. Perhaps, since he had such a personal relationship with TM, he went to her house to try to tell her that her 2 kids had threatened him with a gun and he shot at their car. WHO KNOWS?! Certainly not you.

Let's entertain how EM's lawyer might try to argue self defense.

I've been thinking about situations like the Burning Bed. It's outright murder, but many of those wives have gotten away with it because they were abused, and they couldn't call police because it was unlikely they would have been protected from their husbands.

What if EM has proof someone threatened him? Perhaps a text from someone in the Meyers family. Even a text from someone else, such as a gang member, could prove he was fearing for is life. Their coming after him brandishing a handgun would justify his shooting at the first scene, especially after he saw them stalking him at the school parking lot and for quite a while on the streets once he was in the Audi. Now, knowing they truly are following through on their threat, he feels they will continue to stalk him until they kill him because they have been relentless in their stalking him since the school. He goes down to their house and Brandon fires three rounds as the car is coming down the street. (Three rounds were first heard by the neighbor, and three of Brandon's rounds were found at the scene). Then there were squealing tires and EM shoots multiple rounds while the car is leaving. (That explains how EM can be shooting out the passenger window because the car would be turned around as it is leaving.) Add the father pounding on his door days later as further proof these people should be feared. Nobody in their right mind would pound on a door of someone who just killed their family member.

Like we say about the Meyers family, EM could have called the police. Perhaps he didn't feel the police would adequately protect him. After all, the police aren't even acknowledging the gang exists!

For the more experienced WSers how long does it usually take to get the autopsy report and toxicology results? I know you most often get the autopsy first but I'm really curious to see if TM had drugs in her system that night.

JMO

About 3 weeks for toxicology. If any kind of DNA testing needs to be done, that will take months.

If he is so scared, why is he coming to their house? He has a .45 caliber weapon. The only bullets in the first scene are from .45 caliber weapon. He didn't even notice he was shot at, from the story he told friends.
There some very convoluted stories are being thrown around here.
But they don't add up.

Let's entertain how EM's lawyer might try to argue self defense.

I've been thinking about situations like the Burning Bed. It's outright murder, but many of those wives have gotten away with it because they were abused. They couldn't call police because it was unlikely they would have been protected from their husbands.

What if EM has proof someone threatened him? Perhaps a text from someone in the Meyers family. Even a text from someone else, such as a gang member, could prove he was fearing for is life. Their coming after him brandishing a handgun would justify his shooting at the first scene, especially after he saw them stalking him at the school parking lot and for quite a while on the streets once he was in the Audi. Now, knowing they truly are following through on their threat, he feels they will continue to stalk him until they kill him because they have been relentless in their stalking him since the school. He goes down to their house and Brandon fires three rounds as the car is coming down the street. (Three rounds were first heard by the neighbor, and three of Brandon's rounds were found at the scene). Then there were squealing tires and EM shoots multiple rounds while the car is leaving. (That explains how EM can be shooting out the passenger window because the car would be turned around as it is leaving.) Add the father pounding on his door days later as further proof these people should be feared. Nobody in their right mind would pound on a door of someone who just killed their family member.

Like we say about the Meyers family, EM could have called the police. Perhaps he didn't feel the police would adequately protect him. After all, the police aren't even acknowledging the gang exists!

Good hypothesis!

Based on what physical evidence we're aware of, and witness statements that we're aware of, I think this scenario fits the evidence just as well as any other scenario.

Do I think this is what happened? No, but it's possible.
Do I think that if this is what happened, that it justified EN shooting TM to death? No.

But the challenge for the prosecutors will be overcoming just such possible scenarios. They have to prove their case. Hypothesizing a scenario in which the accused is clearly guilty, and that fits the evidence is relatively easy. Hypothesizing a scenario in which the accused is perhaps not guilty is also relatively easy. Proving that it happened in some particular way and not some other way is another matter entirely.

I have such major problems with all of the lying and deception by the Meyers family. It seems clear to me that they were and are covering up for something. Unless and until that's cleared up, I'm not really going to be satisfied with any particular scenario.

If he is so scared, why is he coming to their house? He has a .45 caliber weapon. The only bullets in the first scene are from .45 caliber weapon. He didn't even notice he was shot at, from the story he told friends.
There some very convoluted stories are being thrown around here.
But they don't add up.

If Tammy was so scared, why did she go back out to look for EN?

There are some very convoluted stories being thrown around by the Meyers. But they don't add up.

Right?? So odd to keep a pistol in Granny's drawers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LOL. Here in the South that phrase takes on a whole new meaning. I'm a transplant to this region but I guess I've finally accepted some of the "jargon" used here and read that as if the gun was in granny's panties! Even more bizarre than being in "dresser drawers". Yikes!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kellieshoes