GUILTY NV - Tammy Meyers, 44, fatally shot at her Las Vegas home, 12 Feb 2015 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If Tammy was so scared, why did she go back out to look for EN?

There are some very convoluted stories being thrown around by the Meyers. But they don't add up.

Presumably she didn't realize he had a gun.

If he is so scared, why is he coming to their house?
I think my post clearly addressed that question.

The Burning Bed is a classic example of believing the only way to feel safe is to kill the person causing fear even if you're safe when you kill the person.

I think my post clearly addressed that question.

The Burning Bed is a classic example of the only way to feel safe is to kill the person causing fear.

You can't go out killing people you are scared of.

None of you know that mother wasn't in the car, so I wouldn't be accusing anyone of lying that mother was in the car, if I were you. I am not sure why it makes any more sense to anyone that mother wasn't in the car.

I think the reason for all the speculation is due to the lies that have been told by the victim's family. If this were really a straight-forward case of road rage, why all the lies?

It makes me think the victim's family is trying to cover up something. What and why? That is the reason for all the speculation IMO. I still haven't heard a version from the Meyers that satisfactorily explains what we know about the case and the ever-evolving stories.

JMO

So, her options were:
To go inside, lock the door and dial 911
To get son and gun and go out hunting.

From where I'm sitting, she's decided to bring her son and a gun and go talk? teach a lesson? I'm not sure it mattered whether she "thought" the teen was armed. It was astonishing to me that a 44 yo adult mother would make the deliberate choices she did. She consciously endangered herself and her son. It boggles my mind.

Presumptions are valueless as proof. We can presume lots of things, but that doesn't make them true.

Whether or not she realized he had a gun, why did she go back out hunting for him? Why didn't she stay home and call 911? What was she hoping to accomplish by having Brandon get his gun and go with her? Was she intending that Brandon should shoot EN?

Was Brandon in the car with her at all? In the earliest versions of the story, as told by the Meyers family, Brandon was at home sleeping. He came out of the house with his gun and returned fire. Is that what happened?

I keep thinking of why they were "practicing driving' at night... and how did the kids come up with that as an excuse for being at the park. And I wonder if 'going to practice driving' was the family 'key word' for getting drugs? I doubt the mom ( or anyone in the family ) causally says " I need to go score some xanax.. who's up to come with me?" But I could see them using "practice driving at the school" as a euphemism.. which would have been an easy excuse for the kids to come up with at the last moment there... just guessing...

You can't go out killing people you are scared of.

Maybe someone should have told that to Tammy and Brandon. Maybe they shouldn't have taken Brandon's gun and gone out hunting for EN.

Yes I thought for awhile that Mom might not have been in the car, but EN's statement to police says he shot at the person coming out of the car. So I think Mom was in the car.

But remember, LE allowed him to get high before he left his house and then LE interrogated him while he was high... And the defense atty said he wants to get those statements thrown out.

Unless you were on the scene, you don't actually know anything, do you?
I thought you were arguing mother wasn't in the car. Now it's Brandon?
For which possible purpose would he claim he was in the car if he wasn't?

We're not arguing for anything.

We are throwing out plausible scenarios and discussing them through to completion.

But remember, LE allowed him to get high before he left his house and then LE interrogated him while he was high... And the defense atty said he wants to get those statements thrown out.

How did LE allow him to get high? He wanted to get high and made it a condition of his surrendering.
What exactly was LE supposed to do? Maybe they should have send the SWAT team right in to prevent him from being high. And if they shot him in the process, it would be worth it to prevent him from getting high, clearly.
This guy gets high because he wants to, and then his lawyer blames LE for allowing him to get high.
Why doesn't his lawyer tells us how LE was supposed to prevent it.

I keep thinking of why they were "practicing driving' at night... and how did the kids come up with that as an excuse for being at the park. And I wonder if 'going to practice driving' was the family 'key word' for getting drugs? I doubt the mom ( or anyone in the family ) causally says " I need to go score some xanax.. who's up to come with me?" But I could see them using "practice driving at the school" as a euphemism.. which would have been an easy excuse for the kids to come up with at the last moment there... just guessing...
That makes perfect sense especially if Bob didn't know she was buying pills, or even if he knew she bought pills but it was a constant conflict between them due to the financial strain it put on the family budget. I'm betting he knew. You can't live with an addict and not know, especially if they're using your money. I can see that being a big issue in the marriage and TM looking for excuses to leave the house. If she wasn't an addict, I'll bet she wouldn't have walked the dogs as often as she did. Like practicing driving, the dogs were a reason to leave the house, not a reason to be seen at the school.

Very true. When DH and I were late teens and dating, we used "go get a snow cone" as a euphemism for having sex. "You wanna go get snow cone?" "Yeah, let's go get a snow cone." "Bye, mom, we gotta go get a snow cone."

That makes perfect sense especially if Bob didn't know she was buying pills, or even if he knew she bought pills but it was a constant conflict between them due to the financial strain it put on the family budget.

Why didn't they just go and buy the pills then? What exactly would be the theory for that?

How did LE allow him to get high? He wanted to get high and made it a condition of his surrendering.
What exactly was LE supposed to do? Maybe they should have send the SWAT team right in to prevent him from being high. And if they shot him in the process, it would be worth it to prevent him from getting high.

The suspect was allowed to get high. I wasn't particularly surprised by this, the negotiating team is trained to defuse a situation. Calming things down is always preferable to escalation.
What was LE to do? Wait to interrogate. They may not have liked it, but they knew what had been agreed to.

And your last point? I really have no comment.

What exactly was LE supposed to do? Maybe they should have send the SWAT team right in to prevent him from being high. And if they shot him in the process, it would be worth it to prevent him from getting high, clearly.
This guy gets high because he wants to, and then his lawyer blames LE for allowing him to get high.
Why doesn't his lawyer tells us how LE was supposed to prevent it.

I gotta tell you, I'm really not invested in the wording like you are.

LE interrogated him while they knew he was high. It will be up to the judge to decide to throw it out or not,

The suspect was allowed to get high. I wasn't particularly surprised by this, the negotiating team is trained to defuse a situation.
What was LE to do? Wait to interrogate. They may not have liked it, but they knew what had been agreed to.

And your last point? I really have no comment.

How was he allowed to? He wasn't in custody. LE couldn't really prevent him from getting high unless they went in and shot him. Which was my point.

So, her options were:
To go inside, lock the door and dial 911
To get son and gun and go out hunting.

From where I'm sitting, she's decided to bring her son and a gun and go talk? teach a lesson? I'm not sure it mattered whether she "thought" the teen was armed. It was astonishing to me that a 44 yo adult mother would make the deliberate choices she did. She consciously endangered herself and her son. It boggles my mind.

Or:
  • Go inside, lock door and not dial 911.
  • Go inside, lock door, and have Brandon sitting there with you, inside, with his gun, ready to commit self-defense, in case EN came to the house and broke in.
  • Drive to the police station instead of home.
  • Drive to the police station while dialing 911.
  • It's Las Vegas, for crying out loud. Drive to the strip, where there's lots of people on the street at all hours and it would be difficult or impossible for a road rager to shoot you without being identified or caught immediately.
  • Drive to the police station while dialing 911, and also call Brandon to warn him that EN might be heading to the house after an altercation.

Instead, according to the Meyers, out of all the possible courses of action open to TM, she chose the worst possible course of action. She elected to put herself and her son in harm's way, and left her daughter at home where the daughter might also be in danger.

Why?

My opinion? She didn't. She was never in the car. BM and sis were out hunting EN with BM's gun. If my hypothesis is true, then TM is probably the only truly innocent one of all the participants in that night's activities. And sadly, she's also the one who was killed, and who is being blamed for making such a monumentally bad decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crazythunder