NV NV - Wellington, WhtMale 574UMNV, 35-50, off Sand Canyon Road, Mar'92 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, it's a rule out based on blood and evidence of foul play at the of their disappearance. I only considered the extremely early ones that didn't have any indication of foul play.

I think evidence of foul play in not necessarily a game changer for the list. For instance, the 3 girls that were kidnapped and forced to live chained in that house were found 10 years later. Just because foul play happened doesn't rule out getting put on the list IMO. Jaycee Dugard was rescued after many years, etc. Being on WS has taught me one thing . . . never underestimate the evil depths some people will go to meet their own wants/needs/desires in the moment.

I will let the requirements of Height, hair color, and age (in that order) be the deciding factors for inclusion. I believe the Detectives have the ability to do quick Rule Out's with the dental info being uploaded.

I am not LEO - so I will defer to them.

MOO

Good night everyone!

I am excited to see how many Rule Outs you have gone through and it appears we have set up a process that you have been able to work with.

wenwe4,
The list is crucial to helping us keep all these potential matches organized in one place. Thank you for your dedication to this!

Good night everyone!

wenwe4,
The list is crucial to helping us keep all these potential matches organized in one place. Thank you for your dedication to this!

Thank you! Anytime you need a copy of the updated list - just let me know!
As soon as I get the info of Rule Outs - I will start updating those.

We have slowed way down today as the resources are dwindling down to the 1980's for missing people or going through ones reported after March of 92 on the Charley Project and doenetwork.

Here are the Oregon missing persons from the Charley Project, with Namus links:

OREGON

Lamb, Steven Paul – 6’0” 125 lbs. Brown Age 17/dob 1951 MSG since 1968 (Seaside, OR)
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/l/lamb_steven.html
https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/20563/0/

Smith, Jerry Dale – 5’10” 165-175 lbs. Brown Age 36/dob 1950 MSG since 1986 (Reedsport, OR)
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/s/smith_jerry_dale.html
https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/10893/0/

So, of the western states, CA, NV, and OR are completed. Nite all. :)

He is on the list - #188 - remember all ages have been corrected for death occurring approx 1990 - 1991

So I think you're saying to put the age he'd have been at approx 1990 instead of putting "Age __" for the age he was at the time he went missing; am I reading that correctly? (Want to do this in the most helpful way for you.)

Re: posts with gory details. One thing that's different about working with the unidentified versus true crime posts is that there are many family members of the missing here hoping to locate their loved one and hoping they don't find them here. It's often very upsetting to them to read about the awful things that might have happened. So it's a good idea to think twice before discussing the violent aspects of a crime, especially when it's not related to identifying the victim.

Robinson, James Ezra – 6’1” 210 lbs. Brown Age 38/dob 1943 MSG since 1982 (Washoe Valley, NV)
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/...ames_ezra.html *wife Nancy also missing, blood found in their abandonded car, and authorities suspect foul play
This case, while super interesting, is a rule out based on age and time.

Mmarty, just checking...I have for the UID's age range a DOB from 1942 to 1957; is that roughly the right range?

(Or is it a rule-out more because evidence hints that he met his death pretty soon after he disappeared in 1982)?

Couldn't sleep and getting to finally check here again. I just want to say that I so respect and admire all of you!

We desperately need more detectives in this country like the ones here on this thread!
Thank you so much! Mmarty and lcsodetectives rock!

Re: posts with gory details. One thing that's different about working with the unidentified versus true crime posts is that there are many family members of the missing here hoping to locate their loved one and hoping they don't find them here. It's often very upsetting to them to read about the awful things that might have happened. So it's a good idea to think twice before discussing the violent aspects of a crime, especially when it's not related to identifying the victim.
I will have to keep that in mind here. I am used to working on missing person/murder cases and not UIDs. We usually don't have family members on those threads.

We get family members on MANY missing person threads actually... IMO.

Clifford is the best submission yet IMO for a variety of reasons. Those on the same page about him already know most if not all of them, and those who aren't can focus on other possible victims, which is excellent because both avenues will be covered. Obviously by my sig I have a thing for serial killers. Or at least one or two of them. With the Lake mention, I am wondering if Foxfire might be useful in this thread suddenly (It's been years since I've seen him around WS since I've been away for awhile, yet his name is still the first one to come to mind for things like this, funny). Just thinking aloud over coffee. Glad to see you all here.

Reading through...AMAZING WORK, Congrats to you ALL! And I must mention, my DH said last night, "so tell me again, what did they accomplish?!!!" hahaha L O V E D showing him! Guy #1 " finally "gets it!" :happydance::loveyou:to you all! I am hoping one family gets the closure they all need so much.

PriorityinMotion, I know Gammalgard "went missing" in October 1992 but early on in this post the detectives said we shouldn't exclude possible matches based on the missing date being later than the date the UID was found because for various reasons, and sometimes purposely, people's missing dates can be falsely reported. :)

So I think you're saying to put the age he'd have been at approx 1990 instead of putting "Age __" for the age he was at the time he went missing; am I reading that correctly? (Want to do this in the most helpful way for you.)

This is what I have been doing on the list all along as a help for the detectives to quickly run through. The assumption being that the person didn't die until 1990 - 1991ish, since that is how long the remains have been reported to be there. For instance, if the last time the 20 y/o person was seen in 1985 I have added 5-6 years to the age at the time of disappearance on the list and on the alpha list he is listed as "25ish". The detectives can then find out the actual details on the original post when they go to look up the info.

I was looking up info on one of our listed persons - Harlan Dale Absher (#157), and found two sites that show he was located deceased in 2007? The case is still open on the Doe Network, but two sites show found -- can we confirm? We can mark him as R/O if this is true

I was looking up info on one of our listed persons - Harlan Dale Absher (#157), and found two sites that show he was located deceased in 2007? The case is still open on the Doe Network, but two sites show found -- can we confirm? We can mark him as R/O if this is true

Good eye!

I will note your post on the alpha list. The Detectives will be giving us the long list of Rule Outs soon, but I won't put him as a Rule Out until I hear back from LEO.

DETECTIVE MIKE MARTY JOINS US TONIGHT ON TRUE CRIME RADIO. LISTEN TO TONIGHT'S LIVE BROADCAST (Thursday 4/16) AT 8 PM EASTERN OF TRUE CRIME RADIO GO TO WWW.TRUECRIMERADIO.COM AND CLICK ON THE "LISTEN NOW" TAB. THIS TAKES YOU TO IHEART RADIO AND THE LIVE SHOW! DETECTIVE MARTY JOINS US TOWARD THE END OF THE SHOW. DR. CYRIL WECHT AND DAWNA KAUFMANN JOIN US LEADING UP TO DETECTIVE MARTY.

PS. Don't forget the live chat opens 30 minutes before showtime www.truecrimeradio.com/chat

###​

DETECTIVE MIKE MARTY JOINS US TONIGHT ON TRUE CRIME RADIO. LISTEN TO TONIGHT'S LIVE BROADCAST (Thursday 4/16) AT 8 PM EASTERN OF TRUE CRIME RADIO GO TO WWW.TRUECRIMERADIO.COM AND CLICK ON THE "LISTEN NOW" TAB. THIS TAKES YOU TO IHEART RADIO AND THE LIVE SHOW! DETECTIVE MARTY JOINS US TOWARD THE END OF THE SHOW. DR. CYRIL WECHT AND DAWNA KAUFMANN JOIN US LEADING UP TO DETECTIVE MARTY.

PS. Don't forget the live chat opens 30 minutes before showtime www.truecrimeradio.com/chat

###​

Excellent! I was hoping that would happen!

We get family members on MANY missing person threads actually... IMO.

Clifford is the best submission yet IMO for a variety of reasons. Those on the same page about him already know most if not all of them, and those who aren't can focus on other possible victims, which is excellent because both avenues will be covered. Obviously by my sig I have a thing for serial killers. Or at least one or two of them. With the Lake mention, I am wondering if Foxfire might be useful in this thread suddenly (It's been years since I've seen him around WS since I've been away for awhile, yet his name is still the first one to come to mind for things like this, funny). Just thinking aloud over coffee. Glad to see you all here.
*WARNING! MENTION OF GRAPHIC ITEM*

We try to steer family members to the section set aside for families to get information which saves them from having to see the details unless they choose to participate, but we warn them it can be graphic and upsetting at times. However, we don't censor ourselves when discussing cases. Some cases are simply horrific no matter how we discuss them.

I don't understand the difference between me answering a question about Lake and Ng's treatments in reference to this case and others discussing the various people who would cut off a person's hands and feet. Where is the line on this? To me, that is equally as graphic and both are possibly related to this case. (But I will from now on put up a warning on this thread so those who cannot deal can scroll!)

This is what I have been doing on the list all along as a help for the detectives to quickly run through. The assumption being that the person didn't die until 1990 - 1991ish, since that is how long the remains have been reported to be there. For instance, if the last time the 20 y/o person was seen in 1985 I have added 5-6 years to the age at the time of disappearance on the list and on the alpha list he is listed as "25ish". The detectives can then find out the actual details on the original post when they go to look up the info.
Does Mmarty know the ages on the list have been adjusted?

I'm wondering because he ruled out James Ezra Robinson based on age and time, but Robinson would have been 48 in 1992. If Mmarty thought the age of 48 on your list was at the time of disappearance, he might have thought Robinson would have been 58 in 1992.

This must have been what happened. I can't imagine Mmarty ruling out a 48 year old based on age and time. I can understand how it could happen because he's familiar with doing the age calculations in his head when he looks at the age and date of disappearance.

With the workload the detectives have, they may not have realized you changed the ages on the the alpha list and missed where you notated it. (I didn't myself.)

After all, the detectives were working off of the numeric list and doing calculations in their head in the beginning, and suddenly the alpha list has ages adjusted----it's possible they continued to do calculations in their head on the alpha list.

I just looked back this morning and I see on your latest alpha list it is notated on the top that the ages have been adjusted, but it's not notated on all of the all alpha lists you posted. The alpha list you posted on April 10th isn't notated like that. I think there might be some accidental confusion here.

I'm not criticizing your work at all. What you do is amazing. I'm just sharing there MAY be a problem with the ones ruled out based on age and time to ensure nobody slips through the cracks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truth Exposed