NY – Ex POTUS Donald Trump, sued by E. Jean Carroll for defamation, Trial 15 Jan 2024

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I wonder which would infuriate Trump more…having to actually pay her, or having to let the world know that he doesn’t actually have $83 million in liquid assets readily available, if he doesn’t?

His money and his pride are inextricable, IMO, and he won’t want to lose either of them.

It’s a moot point, I suppose, as I’m sure his followers are already hard at work donating enough to pay off his bill.
For Trump to appeal this verdict he has to post an 83.3 million bond as security.
If he wins the appeal he gets the money back if E J Carroll wins she gets to keep it.

Trump had to post a 5+ million bond while appealing his first E J Carroll verdict.

iirc: the amount of a bond posted on an appeal usually includes about an additional 10% increase.
Trump had to deposit about 5.5 million for the first E J Carroll verdict appeal.

Finally, Trump met his match.

A jury that was not snowed by lies and the arrogance of the defendant. And the unprofessional demeanor of a lawyer who arrives late, tries to insert new evidence at the wrong time, and acts up to the judge.

Storming out of a courtroom may play heroically with the MAGA base, but not with the handful of citizens who mattered here.

IMO

Finally, Trump met his match.

A jury that was not snowed by lies and the arrogance of the defendant. And the unprofessional demeanor of a lawyer who arrives late, tries to insert new evidence at the wrong time, and acts up to the judge.

Storming out of a courtroom may play heroically with the MAGA base, but not with the handful of citizens who mattered here.

IMO
I didn’t realize that Carroll’s lawyer was the same who secured the $1.5B judgement in the Sandy Hook case against Alex Jones. Doing God’s work, that guy is. MOO

I'm a little confused as to who E. Jean Carroll's lawyers were. I thought Roberta Kaplan did most of the talking and did the closing arguments.

She was interviewed by Anderson Cooper last night and WOW. She was so impressive and well-spoken. Firm, yet, soft-spoken most of the time.

Such a difference between her direct and streamlined presentation and the beauty pageant-like distractive approach of
Trump's Alina Habba.

I noticed that Trump's behaviour towards Kaplan was the typical dismissive thing he does with women he finds unattractive, even to the point of storming out during her closing remarks. The jury clearly could see the disrespect and inappropriate behaviours. Kaplan's logic and persistence really held sway over his theatrics.

This is probably behind a paywall:

Last edited:
I didn’t realize that Carroll’s lawyer was the same who secured the $1.5B judgement in the Sandy Hook case against Alex Jones. Doing God’s work, that guy is. MOO
I think Chris Mattei was just quoted as an observer, given that he is a defamation lawyer who did in fact win that judgment against Alex Jones.

Good to know there are several effective lawyers in this world!

I think Chris Mattei was just quoted as an observer, given that he is a defamation lawyer who did in fact win that judgment against Alex Jones.

Good to know there are several effective lawyers in this world!

He might also have been included as his name must strike fear into the hearts of those who are deniers and right-wing Jones supporters.

I think Trump's law team would be very intimidated by Carroll's law team successes.

The thing that I don't understand is comments like this, by a 72 year old man from NH, who said that he will inevitably be voting for trump in 2024 .... but he has no doubt that trump is a bad man.

Apparently, committing proven sexual assault and relentless defamation - and allegedly committing fraud, insurrection, election tampering, and stealing classified documents - is enough for a person to be considered a "bad man". But it is not enough for a person to be discounted as a presidential candidate, and perhaps choosing a candidate that is a GOOD person.

It seems to me that a bad person will likely do bad things, whereas a good person will likely do good things.

Ms Carroll is a very attractive lady IMO, and she is now 80. But the Ugly Orange (ugly inside and out) makes demeaning comments about her, "not my type", etc, implying that he couldn't possibly have assaulted her because she wasn't attractive enough for him to want to. There is just no limit to this cretin's ego.

Ms Carroll is a very attractive lady IMO, and she is now 80. But the Ugly Orange (ugly inside and out) makes demeaning comments about her, "not my type", etc, implying that he couldn't possibly have assaulted her because she wasn't attractive enough for him to want to. There is just no limit to this cretin's ego.
I know his looks are not everyone's cup of tea. Certainly aren't and weren't Ms Carroll's. Though, we should be careful to not stoop to his level and be judgemental about appearance etc... each to their own...
I can see the irony though Kemug!

Last edited:
ANY woman who can stoop to vote for this corruptor, is nothing more than a woman still controlled by the ol American Patriarchy system.

If any woman thought for herself, and put her daughter or son in Ms Carroll's sexual assault or his criminal business dealings...MAYBE she would think differently.

Nope. They are all pinned with a Scarlett T.

See,
See, and that’s the thing, right? A normal person would say, ‘My God! I can’t believe I’m being accused of this ugly act, I would never harm someone by sexually assaulting them!’ not ‘Have you seen how ugly she is?? I would never!’ MOO

See,

See, and that’s the thing, right? A normal person would say, ‘My God! I can’t believe I’m being accused of this ugly act, I would never harm someone by sexually assaulting them!’ not ‘Have you seen how ugly she is?? I would never!’ MOO
.. and that's why he'll be feeling the sting of losing 83.3 million dollars right now!

See,

What a window into this man's twisted and ugly soul this is.

She really is very beautiful! :)

E. Jean Carroll arrives at federal court in New York on 26 January 2024. Donald Trump departs Trump Tower for federal court in New York on 26 January 2024.

E. Jean Carroll arrives at federal court in New York on 26 January 2024. Donald Trump departs Trump Tower for federal court in New York on 26 January 2024. Composite: Getty Images, Reuters

ETA: Especially now she has that radiant $88.3 million victory glow! ;)

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reneej08
Back