NY – Ex POTUS Donald Trump, sued by E. Jean Carroll for defamation, Trial 15 Jan 2024

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Why do looks matter?

In this case because he's an ex-president with a huge following who has repeatedly tried this case in the court of public opinion. He uses statements about her looks to build his "defense" of she's too ugly (for fabulous, wonderful, egomaniac ME) to rape or sexually assault. Conversely, he couldn't distinguish between the plaintiff and his second wife in a photo from years ago. Imo.

In a tense exchange over entering some social media posts into evidence, Kaplan told Habba that she was "on the verge of spending some time in the lockup" and told her to "sit down".
Jeez, you think that Trump would be smart enough and wealthy enough to hire the quietly efficient all Harvard lawyer crew who know that they are going to eat a very high jury verdict and save their true efforts for the appeals.

In this case because he's an ex-president with a huge following who has repeatedly tried this case in the court of public opinion. He uses statements about her looks to build his "defense" of she's too ugly (for fabulous, wonderful, egomaniac ME) to rape or sexually assault. Conversely, he couldn't distinguish between the plaintiff and his second wife in a photo from years ago. Imo.
Exactly.

His defense is not that he would never sexually assault a woman, that he has two daughters and respects the rights of all women, and that he is sorry but E. Jean is mistaken about him.

No. His defense is that she’s not his type.

What else do we expect from Mr. “Grab them by the *****, when you’re a star they let you do it?”

IMO

Why do looks matter?

We would have to ask trump that question. He is the one who focuses on a woman's looks in every venture.
At WS we know that looks don't matter in sexual assault.
And when looking at E Jean Carroll, we know he is just lying (again) and being misogynistic (again).
She was a talented columnist ... she is a witty, humorous, beautiful, and brave woman ... who is immensely successful in holding trump responsible for his crimes against her.

"You know, you're in such good shape. Beautiful."
"Look at that face. Would anybody vote for that?
"Sadly, she's no longer a 10."
"Does she have a good body? No. Does she have a fat *advertiser censored*? Absolutely."
"I love her … upper body."
"She's certainly not hot."
"She does have a very nice figure ... if [she] weren't my daughter, perhaps I'd be dating her."

imo

We would have to ask trump that question. He is the one who focuses on a woman's looks in every venture.
And when looking at E Jean Carroll, we know he is just lying (again) and being misogynistic (again).
She was a talented columnist ... she is a witty, humorous, beautiful, and brave woman ... who is immensely successful in holding trump responsible for his crimes against her.

"Does she have a good body? No. Does she have a fat *advertiser censored*? Absolutely."
"She does have a very nice figure ... if [she] weren't my daughter, perhaps I'd be dating her."

imo
Why did I read all that ? Ewwwwww

imo

How would we ever expect all women to have equal rights as men under a leader like that?

That's because he never looks at their faces.

So this must mean that he would sexually assault a woman who is his type.
**Sound of my forehead hitting the keyboard**
See, this is what I wanted to hear in response to his defense's claims about how forwardly sexual some of E. Jean's columns and books were. Or about how she apparently (in some specific context, no doubt) suggested that "rape is sexy" during an interview.

(of course it is, in at least one meaning of "sexy", which is why there are so many romance novels/p.orn plots etc with a rape or nonconsent theme. Acknowledging that does not mean the person saying it wants or deserves to be raped.)

I really wanted one of her lawyers to spell it out plainly and preferably while he was in the room: It does not matter how sexually forward a woman is, how provocatively she dresses, whether she says 'rape is sexy', etc. Actually, even if a person HAS a rape fantasy, doesn't mean it's ok for anyone to rape them. Only if she specifically agrees, in which case it's no longer rape.

The only thing that matters is whether she consented to what he did. She didn't, it's rape/sexual assault, regardless of her looks, her reputation, or whether she said she wanted it the day before. Period.

MOO

finally!!! maybe THIS is a monetary amount people (trump included) will actually pay attention to. it's already been ascertained in a court of law he SA'ed her, he cannot deny that. now, he has this, plus his, what, 90?ish criminal charges. recently met a woman who said, "if you dislike trump, you dislike all men!" and that made me really sad for her if she only has experience with men being such a way.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reneej08
Back