NY - $250m fraud against Former President Donald Trump, Trump Org., Eric, Donald Jr., Sept 2022, Trial 2 Oct 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In a legal filing Wednesday, James urged Judge Arthur Engoron to grant summary judgment on one of seven claims in her lawsuit — that Trump and his company defrauded lenders, insurers and others by lying about his wealth and the value of his assets.

To rule, Engoron needs only to answer two questions, James’ office argued: whether Trump’s annual financial statements were false or misleading, and whether he and the Trump Organization used those statements while conducting business transactions.

“The answer to both questions is a resounding ‘yes’ based on the mountain of undisputed evidence” in the case, James’ special litigation counsel Andrew Amer said in a 100-page summary judgment motion.

Even if Engoron rules on the fraud claim, he would still preside over a non-jury trial on six other remaining claims in the lawsuit if it is not settled.

Trump testified in April that his company, the Trump Organization, has over $400 million in cash. He claimed Mar-a-Lago is worth $1.5 billion and a golf course he owns near Miami is worth $2 billion or $2.5 billion. He said he believes he could sell another golf course he owns in Scotland to the Saudi-backed LIV golf league “for a fortune.”

Trump is not expected to testify in court if the case goes to trial, but video recordings of his depositions could be played.

OMG--reading this is exhausting: brag, brag, braggity brag...repeat, repeat, repeat. More brags, repeat. I feel sorry for the people who had to listen to this. MOO
I think Tish James and her team deserve a raise. Meanwhile though I'm so tempted to walk around all day saying 'I have great assets' but my husband may well ensure I become a case you all follow. ;)
I have -- literally, I have some of the greatest pieces of property in the world and they sell -- as Mar-a-Lago, some of the things I own in Europe, some of the things I own in New York, even like at Trump Towers, 57th and Fifth, it's the best location. 40 Wall Street is the best location, great building. I have great assets.

Not to point out the absolutely bloody obvious here but if someone was suing me for $250 million dollars I don't believe I would be boasting that I could sell properties for a staggering amount of money. His personality disorder so wars with what's good for him politically and legally (and politically he only gets away with it because he has the Republican party held hostage).

I want to point out too that Mr. Wallace allowed Trump to witter on for nearly 5 minutes over how much his properties are worth because it was so helpful to them - Trump's attorneys did not apparently intervene at that exchange. And it's hard for me not to see Trump as dumb with stuff like this - personality disorder, lack of insight, whatever it is - it's so incredibly damaging. JMO

Last edited:
OMG--reading this is exhausting: brag, brag, braggity brag...repeat, repeat, repeat. More brags, repeat. I feel sorry for the people who had to listen to this. MOO
I thought this was interesting (page 29):

Explaining he was too busy to be involved with his business, he claimed he saved the world and the interviewer basically says, "I don't have time for this." I wish more people would focus DT when he goes off the rails. Here is proof it can, indeed, be done.

DT: "I think you would have a nuclear war, if I weren't elected. And I think you might have a nuclear war now, if you want to know the truth."

Questioner from AG Office: "I'm not going to use my seven hours on nuclear war."

DT: "No, I know."

Last edited:

Explaining he was too busy to be involved with his business, he claimed he saved the world and the interviewer basically says, "I don't have time for this." I wish more people would focus on DT when he goes off the rails. Here is proof it can, indeed, be done.

DT: "I think you would have a nuclear war, if I weren't elected. And I think you might have a nuclear war now, if you want to know the truth."

Questioner from AG Office: "I'm not going to use my seven hours on nuclear war."

That poor questioner! They should get hazard pay lol.

Explaining he was too busy to be involved with his business, he claimed he saved the world and the interviewer basically says, "I don't have time for this." I wish more people would focus on DT when he goes off the rails. Here is proof it can, indeed, be done.

It's just so enlightening. I'm not much further but at one point Trump starts complaining about what a disgrace it is that he had to come to New York to 'justify' himself to, presumably, Tish James and her team. His sense of entitlement and superiority just jumps off the page.

I know we all know all this about Trump already but it really is something seeing that who he is on a stage or in a TV interview is no different than in a legal proceeding. It's not an act for the cameras but rather who he is and he apparently has little ability to self-regulate. JMO

In newly public testimony, Donald Trump boasts about building a multibillion-dollar brand and saving “millions of lives” as president.

He spars with the New York attorney general suing him for fraud, telling Letitia James “the whole case is crazy” and accusing her staff of trying to trip him up like TV lawyer Perry Mason.

DON'T TAKE MY WORD FOR IT​

Trump said he never felt his financial statements "would be taken very seriously,” and that people who did business with him were given ample warning not to trust them.

• Trump decried James' lawsuit as a “terrible thing," telling her and her staff "you don’t have a case."
  • He insisted the banks she alleges were snookered with lofty valuations suffered no harm, got paid in his deals and “to this day have no complaints.”
  • Banks “want to do business with me because I’m rich,” Trump told James. “But, you know what, they’re petrified to do business because of you.”
  • Trump complained New York authorities “spend all their time investigating me, instead of stopping violent crime in the streets."
  • Trump said he never felt his financial statements "would be taken very seriously,” and that people who did business with him were given ample warning not to trust them.
  • Trump described the statements as “a fairly good compilation of properties” rather than a true representation of their value. Some numbers, he noted, were “guesstimates."
  • “I have a clause in there that says, ‘Don’t believe the statement. Go out and do your own work,” Trump testified. "You’re supposed to pay no credence to what we say whatsoever.”
  • Trump estimated that his “brand” alone is worth “maybe $10 billion.”
  • He called it “the most valuable asset I have” and attributed his political success to the ubiquity of his name and persona.
  • “I became president because of the brand, OK,” Trump said. “I became president. I think it’s the hottest brand in the world.”
  • “I considered this the most important job in the world, saving millions of lives,” Trump testified. “I think you would have nuclear holocaust if I didn’t deal with North Korea. I think you would have a nuclear war, if I weren’t elected. And I think you might have a nuclear war now, if you want to know the truth.”
  • In the middle of one of his protracted answers, expounding on the greatness of one of his golf courses, Trump said: “You are going to let me go on, hoping that I make a mistake. And that’s OK. That’s the way it is. Perry Mason. Perry Mason.”
  • Trump showed off his knack for superlatives, uttering the words “beautiful” and “incredible” 15 times each and “phenomenal” six times as he described his properties.
  • Trump called his Turnberry, Scotland, golf course “one of the most iconic places in the world,” and the renovated villas at his Doral golf resort near Miami “the most beautiful rooms you’ve ever seen.”
  • Trump described his 213-acre Seven Springs estate north of New York City as “the greatest house in New York State.”
  • His golf courses in Aberdeen, Scotland? “Really incredible.” Jupiter, Florida? “An incredible facility.” Just outside Los Angeles? “An incredible property… an unbelievable property... a phenomenal property that fronts on the ocean.”
  • Trump suggested he could get “a fortune” from the Saudi Arabia-backed LIV golf league for the Turnberry course, a former British Open site.
  • “There would be people that would do anything to own Doral. There are people that would do anything to own Turnberry or Mar-a-Lago or... Trump Tower or 40 Wall Street.”

I feel almost sorry for someone who blows their own TRUMPet ALL THE TIME.

Like some deep seated need for approval.

Today I'm turning into an amateur psychologist :D

I think it's when people's backs are against the wall, I get this feeling of sympathy for them, even if they probably don't deserve it.

Last edited:
I feel almost sorry for someone who blows their own TRUMPet ALL THE TIME.

Like some deep seated need for approval.

Today I'm turning into an amateur psychologist :D

I think it's when people's backs are against the wall, I get this feeling of sympathy for them, even if they probably don't deserve it.
I have a tender heart and find it easy to forgive (actually, that's my faith and I feel called to follow it).

In Trump's case, you cannot trust him. His back is not up against a wall, imo. He created this entire chaotic situation.

He is a powerful person willing to beat down less powerful people (Ruby and Shaye, for example) to please himself. He doesn't pay workers he hires, he cheats students who wanted to benefit from his sham school, etc, etc, etc. imo

Set aside the damage he can do while holding office, he has NO PROBLEM hurting regular, everyday people. And, he will do it again. imo

jmo

Trump on Truth Social accused James of defamation in an all-caps rant.

"IN THE NYS A.G. LETITIA JAMES CASE, I WAS TARGETED, GIVEN NO JURY, NO EXTENSIONS, NO COMMERCIAL DIVISION, NO CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS, NO ANYTHING!" he claimed. "THE DEMOCRAT JUDGE HATES TRUMP WITH A PASSION. THE THING I HAVE IS A GREAT CASE BASED ON PHENOMENAL NUMBERS THAT SHOW A NET WORTH BILLIONS OF DOLLARS MORE THAN SHE VICIOUSLY & FALSELY CLAIMED, VERY LITTLE DEBT, BIG CASH, A POWERFUL DISCLAIMER CLAUSE, PAID OFF LOANS, NO DEFAULTS, 'HAPPY' BANKS, GREAT ASSETS. I WAS DEFAMED BY NYS - ELECTION INTERFERENCE!"

Trump on Truth Social accused James of defamation in an all-caps rant.

"IN THE NYS A.G. LETITIA JAMES CASE, I WAS TARGETED, GIVEN NO JURY, NO EXTENSIONS, NO COMMERCIAL DIVISION, NO CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS, NO ANYTHING!" he claimed. "THE DEMOCRAT JUDGE HATES TRUMP WITH A PASSION. THE THING I HAVE IS A GREAT CASE BASED ON PHENOMENAL NUMBERS THAT SHOW A NET WORTH BILLIONS OF DOLLARS MORE THAN SHE VICIOUSLY & FALSELY CLAIMED, VERY LITTLE DEBT, BIG CASH, A POWERFUL DISCLAIMER CLAUSE, PAID OFF LOANS, NO DEFAULTS, 'HAPPY' BANKS, GREAT ASSETS. I WAS DEFAMED BY NYS - ELECTION INTERFERENCE!"
It really hit a sore spot that his financial exaggerations are exposed and being ridiculed.

But, he brought it on. He lied and he has a history of lying about his financial worth (one example linked below). Nobody likes being caught in lies....which is one reason among many not to lie!

On April 13, Donald Trump sat down with New York Attorney General Letitia James and answered questions under oath for seven hours as part of the state’s civil fraud lawsuit accusing him of inflating the value of his assets by $812 million to $2.2 billion a year.

According to a transcript, Trump delved into an extended explanation of his philosophy on calculating asset values and wealth, saying his name alone was worth at least $3 billion.

“I think it’s the hottest brand in the world,” Trump said.

The former president turned down a suggestion by James’s team that he save some of his comments for later in the deposition, insisting that he explain how he calculates the value of his properties.

“No,” Trump said at the meeting in Lower Manhattan. “I want to explain it to you because you don’t have a case and you should drop this case.”

“I have a clause in there that says, ‘Don’t believe the statement. Go out and do your own work,” Trump testified. "You’re supposed to pay no credence to what we say whatsoever.”
This part alone…

It could be his mission statement for EVERYTHING.

Most especially for his lies about the election.

IMO

New York AG Wants to Sanction Trump and His Lawyers for Repeating ‘Frivolous’ Arguments​

Donald Trump leaves Trump Tower to meet with New York Attorney General Letitia James for a civil investigation on August 10, 2022 in New York City.
Former President Donald Trump, two of his children, his attorneys and others should be sanctioned for repeating "frivolous" arguments already rejected in court, New York's attorney general argued on Tuesday.

"The Court rejected these arguments for a second time, noting that they 'were borderline frivolous even the first time defendants made them,' and observed that reading Defendants' brief 'was, to quote the baseball sage Lawrence Peter ('Yogi') Berra, ‘Deja vu all over again,'" Assistant Attorney General Andrew Amer wrote in a nine-page motion for sanctions.

Attachments

• IMG_0653.png
    IMG_0653.png
    158.8 KB · Views: 9

New York Attorney General Letitia James’ office estimates former President Donald Trump falsely inflated his net worth by $3.6 billion, according to a new court filing, marking a significant increase from the $2 billion her office claimed he overstated his wealth by last month.

James’ office revised the estimate in a new court filing Friday, explaining that the previous figure was a “conservative” estimate and that the new number is “still a conservative estimate of the extent of the inflation.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelloKitty1298