GUILTY NY - 30 injured in Manhattan bombing, 17 Sept 2016 *Ahmad Khan Rahimi arrested*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
From your link:

From there [the intact cellphone on 27th St they traced to his family], they were able to identify pictures on social media of Rahami's family and of him, and they matched one of his photos to surveillance footage captured in Manhattan.

They also found a website where Rahami allegedly posted jihadist missives, sources said.

Dumb criminal of the week. He needs another cell phone to use as an activation device for a bomb he is making and borrows or steals one from his relatives. LMAO

The bomb doesnt go off and so LE finds all the stuff on his phone to connect him to the crime. LMAO

If this idiot manages to make it back to Afghanistan, ISIS will probably chop his head off for stupidity. :)

https://www.dnainfo.com/new-york/20...helped-crack-chelsea-bombing-case-sources-say

Didn't manage to make his way to Afghanistan. He is in custody.

The first two didn't even report the device that was in the bag (just took the bag and left), so I don't think they deserve much credit.

Yeah, but the thieves left the device behind them, which was then out in the open to be discovered by someone else. So, they don't get "credit," but because of them, the device was found before blowing up. I actually really love this detail (though hate that it had to happen, of course).

necn ‏@NECN 39s40 seconds ago
#BREAKING: Suspect in NYC, NJ explosions has been taken into custody.

Ahmad Rahami a 28-year-old naturalized Afghanistan citizen was taken into custody by police in Linden, New Jersey, a senior law enforcement official said.
THIS STORY IS DEVELOPING. PLEASE CHECK BACK FOR UPDATES.

http://www.necn.com/news/national-i...deo-Chelsea-Bomb-Blast--393911431.html?fghasd

Hooray for that news!

I won't be online for a few hours, so you guys keep track of this case (as I know you will) and I'll check in later.

Here's to a safe day for everyone.

Anyone else see the mayor of Elizabeth speak?
The family has had several run ins with LE. They were operating their business past business hours. Neighbors very often complained to LE. They sued the city. Father and two sons.

New York City Alerts
8m8 minutes ago
New York City Alerts ‏@NYCityAlerts
BREAKING NEWS: Ahmad Rahami wanted in connection with #ChelseaExplosion and #Elizabeth NJ is in Custody!!! pic.twitter.com/RPsMpllc2U

I'm impressed. I was impressed how France went after their terrorist groups but this is awesome!

On one occasion when the police came to force the restaurant to close, one of Mr. Rahami’s older brothers got in a fight with a police officer and was arrested. Before the case could be resolved, the son fled to his home country, Afghanistan. The mayor confirmed that the Rahami family sued the mayor, the City Council, some 20 police officers, claiming that he had been discriminated against because of his race and ethnicity. “It was neighbor complaints, it had nothing to do with his ethnicity or religion,” the mayor said. “It had to do with noise and people congregating on the streets.”

A frequent patron of the restaurant, Ryan, 33, said Ahmad Rahami was friendly and did not seem outwardly angry. Rather, he was obsessed with fast cars, specifically Honda civics custom built to race.

Mr. Rahami wore Western clothing, hung out on the sidewalk with friends and often slipped his regular customers free food. “He’s a very friendly guy; he gave me free chicken. He was always the most friendly man you ever met.”

The family lived in an apartment above the restaurant and that Mr. Rahami had been taking over more responsibility at the restaurant. “Lately, it was just the son, I haven’t seen the father in a while,” he said.

To other customers, however, the Rahami family seemed reserved. “They seemed secretive, a little mysterious,” said Jessica, 23, a neighbor. “They’re too serious all the time.”

Another neighbor, Joshua, 24, was also struck by the familial insularity inside the chicken restaurant he referred to as “the shack.” “The dad and him would always be together at the shack, just them two, family business,” he said. “They never hired people, it was just the father and the son all the time.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/20/nyregion/nyc-nj-explosions-ahmad-khan-rahami.html

three shots

found sleeping in the street ??

Ahmad Rahami taken into custody in Linden, NJ, after shooting, multiple law enforcement sources say - NBC News

officer shot in takedown he ok

dont know where any family memebers are now

Yup, still has the beard from the surveillance video in Chelsea!

Watching this live. Officer in his face taking pics of him. He is pissed. Turns away. Officer follows.
He was found at a vestibule of restaurant sleeping. Someone recognized him and called LE.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back