GUILTY NY - 30 injured in Manhattan bombing, 17 Sept 2016 *Ahmad Khan Rahimi arrested*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Sorry haven't gone through this yet but is this linked to the bomb in jersey yesterday too?

Sorry haven't gone through this yet but is this linked to the bomb in jersey yesterday too?

Unclear.

ETA: Per mayor, it is still being investigated but at this point there is no evidence they are related.

Christie says 'no evidence' Seaside Park bomb connected to NYC, Minn. attacks

http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf/2016/09/christie_reacts_to_seaside_nyc_pressure_cooker_bom.html

The bombs used in Seaside Park and Manhattan were substantially different, Cuomo said. The explosion in Seaside Park was caused by a device more like a pipe bomb, whereas the New York bomb and a suspicious device found nearby both appear to have used pressure cookers. The incidents don't seem connected, but New York and New Jersey are working together to investigate, Cuomo said.

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2016/09/fbi_to_study_seaside_park_nyc_bombs_in_quantico.html

I am dreading going to work tomorrow. I work directly across the street of Grand Central Station on the 18th Floor. This is my view everyday. (photo by me)
02952e30f4edea9bc8424d1dce7b2d6d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Beautiful view. I feel for you, seriously.

..."so far" no ties to terrorist group. Does this mean no group has yet taken credit for this?

Yes. for eg Islamic State is taking credit for the stabbings in Minnesota yesterday by saying "He was a soldier of the Islamic State" on the Islamic state news agency. (This has just happened) Nothing from them about the explosion in New York last night yet.

The devices are so much like the Boston bombers stuff that I think this may be the same sort of thing.....not so much soldiers of a group, but lone wolf sympathizers......or just creeps wanting to terrorize NY......either way, as I see it, it is terrorism, whether it is home-grown or jihadist, or, or or.....if any crime produces terror, it is terror. In this case , it was more fun to terrorize than actually go for mass killing. This could turn out to be a kid or a couple of kids just being newbie terrorists. I REALLY wish LE would quit saying they don't know if its criminal or terrorist. AARGH. It's BOTH. Probably just because of the Boston boys I keep getting this feeling that the perps are Russian-ish. We shall see. Ramble over. JMO

Yeah, the scary/frustrating thing about ISIS is that pretty much anyone can find their propaganda online, do something with it, and then claim to be working on their behalf. If the attack is successful ISIS will step up and acknowledge their "involvement." The Boston bombers, IIRC, found the instructions in a freaking PDF newsletter - if these devices were similar I could see this being the case again.

Seeing K9 units always makes me happy so I don't mind the presence of extra pups during my commute, at least. :) :beagle:

ETA: I'm seeing a lot of people praise the extremely quick response - we're talking a minute or less. These guys are heroes and don't take any threat lightly. Just last week around Herald Square I saw a police van and a large group of officers poking an abandoned suitcase with some sort of device.

It is kind of creepy every time that happens, because who leaves a giant rolling suitcase on the sidewalk? Homeless people are pretty protective of their belongings and keep them together (as seen with giant shopping cart/trash bag trains).

Could a bomber be one of the injured????JMO Was just thinking, if he was injured, could not detonate pressure cooker??

Could a bomber be one of the injured????JMO

Were both devices the type of IED that is detonated from a distance (cell phone?)? I remember the Boston bombers were captured on camera walking away (and GRINNING, the !@#!@#$$#) a good several minutes before they called in the detonation. That would certainly be interesting if this coward didn't get away fast enough.

There are soooo many burner phone stores in NYC, including ones internationally specific.. I imagine the perp will be caught after a thorough viewing of security footage (anybody walking CALMLY from the area, immediately to the train, off the train.. check towers for calls made/received..)

The devices are so much like the Boston bombers stuff that I think this may be the same sort of thing.....not so much soldiers of a group, but lone wolf sympathizers......or just creeps wanting to terrorize NY......either way, as I see it, it is terrorism, whether it is home-grown or jihadist, or, or or.....if any crime produces terror, it is terror. In this case , it was more fun to terrorize than actually go for mass killing. This could turn out to be a kid or a couple of kids just being newbie terrorists. I REALLY wish LE would quit saying they don't know if its criminal or terrorist. AARGH. It's BOTH. Probably just because of the Boston boys I keep getting this feeling that the perps are Russian-ish. We shall see. Ramble over. JMO

Watching everyone run on the video and knowing that exact reaction was someone's INTENT, well it's clearly terrorism. And a crime! We deserve to know and we can deal with the truth so be honest already.

But they don't want people to panic, I guess? Or start setting Mosques on fire? If only they had that kind of control.

The locations don't seem significant, either. Wonder if they were just convenient.....like perp or perps live nearby and wanted to watch the fear and chaos. JMO

Yeah, the scary/frustrating thing about ISIS is that pretty much anyone can find their propaganda online, do something with it, and then claim to be working on their behalf. If the attack is successful ISIS will step up and acknowledge their "involvement." The Boston bombers, IIRC, found the instructions in a freaking PDF newsletter - if these devices were similar I could see this being the case again.

Seeing K9 units always makes me happy so I don't mind the presence of extra pups during my commute, at least. :) :beagle:

ETA: I'm seeing a lot of people praise the extremely quick response - we're talking a minute or less. These guys are heroes and don't take any threat lightly. Just last week around Herald Square I saw a police van and a large group of officers poking an abandoned suitcase with some sort of device.

It is kind of creepy every time that happens, because who leaves a giant rolling suitcase on the sidewalk? Homeless people are pretty protective of their belongings and keep them together (as seen with giant shopping cart/trash bag trains).

I have so much respect for the first responders they run towards the danger while we run away from it. The bomb sniffing dogs do a great job too.

Could a bomber be one of the injured????JMO Was just thinking, if he was injured, could not detonate pressure cooker??

The injured were interviewed ASAP at the hospitals and the police presence increased in and outside the hospital buildings just in case this was a possibility.

Were both devices the type of IED that is detonated from a distance (cell phone?)? I remember the Boston bombers were captured on camera walking away (and GRINNING, the !@#!@#$$#) a good several minutes before they called in the detonation. That would certainly be interesting if this coward didn't get away fast enough.

There are soooo many burner phone stores in NYC, including ones internationally specific.. I imagine the perp will be caught after a thorough viewing of security footage (anybody walking CALMLY from the area, immediately to the train, off the train.. check towers for calls made/received..)

I'm so glad the Boston bombers were caught on camera they might have been able to carry out more acts of terror if they hadn't been.

Chilling 911 call after Chelsea explosion. 'There will be more'

http://nypost.com/2016/09/18/there-will-be-more-chilling-911-call-after-the-chelsea-explosion/

911 caller warned of further explosions right after the blast that rocked Manhattan’s Chelsea neighborhood and injured 29 people, The Post has learned.

“I’m looking at the explosion down the block. There will be more,” the unidentified male said, claiming to be standing at 23rd Street and Seventh Avenue in the aftermath of the terrifying incident, according to law-enforcement sources Sunday.

Snip from above link:

In another new wrinkle, a hand-written letter, a portion of which is in Arabic, was found inside a plastic bag that held the second bomb, sources said.

Investigators have obtained surveillance video of a person placing that device, sources said.

It was found by an older woman who was phoned by a friend checking on her in the wake of the explosion, sources said.

The woman went outside her home and noticed the bomb, then called 911.

Chilling 911 call after Chelsea explosion. 'There will be more'

http://nypost.com/2016/09/18/there-will-be-more-chilling-911-call-after-the-chelsea-explosion/

911 caller warned of further explosions right after the blast that rocked Manhattan’s Chelsea neighborhood and injured 29 people, The Post has learned.

“I’m looking at the explosion down the block. There will be more,” the unidentified male said, claiming to be standing at 23rd Street and Seventh Avenue in the aftermath of the terrifying incident, according to law-enforcement sources Sunday.
Crap. I hope they meant the one on 27th and nothing else.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

IDK if this bomber is authentic. I am just so troubled by the use of violence to fight hatred, oppression and so on. It doesn't work. It has the reverse effect. Now that this nutcase has connected this bombing to the LGBT movement, people will remember it. Will associate it with violence. Ugh.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back