Found Deceased NY - Alfa Barrie, 11, & Garrett Warren, 13, friends, Harlem, 12 May 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

GuyfromCanada

Reaction score
missing-bronx-boys.jpg

Alfa Ousmane Barrie, right, and Garrett Warren, left, were reported missing. (credit: Handouts)

HARLEM, Manhattan (WABC) -- New York City police are asking for the public's help to find two missing boys who were last seen at a playground in Harlem.

Garrett Warren, 13, and Alfa Barrie, 11, may have been last seen together at Brigadier General Charles Young Playground on West 143rd Street and Lenox Avenue.

Warren was last seen in front of his home on Saturday around 1:30 a.m.

He is described as having black hair, brown eyes, 6 feet tall and approximately 215 pounds. He was last seen wearing a tan hooded sweatshirt with a white T-shirt underneath, black jeans, and blue and black Jordan sneakers.

Barrie was last seen inside his home at 4 p.m. Friday.

He is described as 5'2", approximately 100 pounds and was last seen wearing a navy sweater with a 'Democracy Prep Harlem Middle School' logo, gray pants and gray sneakers.

NEW YORK (PIX11) – The older sister of 11-year-old Alfa Ousmane Barrie was tearful on the phone Tuesday morning, desperate for information after her little brother didn’t come home from his Harlem charter school on Friday.

“This was the first time this ever happened,” Fatima Diallo told PIX11 News on the phone.

Diallo believes her brother is with a friend, Garrett (Man Man) Warren, who’s also been missing for four days. The two boys live in the Bronx.

Detectives from the 42 Precinct in the Bronx reportedly told the Barrie family they found surveillance footage showing the two boys at a fish market, located at 145 Street and Lenox Avenue in Harlem, on Friday after school. Law enforcement sources said a missing persons report was filed for Barrie.

The first article says that Alfa was seen inside his home at 4 PM on 5/12, the second article states that he didn't return from school on 5/12.

So Garrett was seen nine hours after Alfa was seen - without Alfa?

NBC aired an interview with the fish market employee (from where the kids were seen together on Friday afternoon). The reporter asked him if the boys bought anything. Employee said they bought “a lot of food”, fish and shrimp. It seems this establishment sells fresh fish, but also sells fried fish. (That point confused me, so I had to research why boys were at a “fish market”.). The employee also said they were there often.
The interview takes place at 2:00 in the embedded video.

MAY 17

According to his sister, Alfa went to school on Friday and left just after noon because the school had a half day. He was supposed to meet up with his 14-year-old sister, who attends the same school, and walk home together — but he never showed. That was the first indication something was wrong.

"This is something he has never done. This is all new to us. We have no idea what’s going on, he’s a sweet little boy," said Alfa's sister, Fatima Diallo. "Everything that’s happening right now, I can’t comprehend what’s going on."

The boys do not attend the same school, according to Alfa's sister, but they became neighborhood friends. Their families didn't know they knew each other.

MAY 17

According to his sister, Alfa went to school on Friday and left just after noon because the school had a half day. He was supposed to meet up with his 14-year-old sister, who attends the same school, and walk home together — but he never showed. That was the first indication something was wrong.

"This is something he has never done. This is all new to us. We have no idea what’s going on, he’s a sweet little boy," said Alfa's sister, Fatima Diallo. "Everything that’s happening right now, I can’t comprehend what’s going on."

The boys do not attend the same school, according to Alfa's sister, but they became neighborhood friends. Their families didn't know they knew each other.

Thanks for that link. This morning, a local news reporter (I think it was Fox5?) mentioned that the boys didn’t attend the same school. They didn’t live in the same neighborhood. Their parents didn’t know they were “friends”I was wondering how they knew each other.

Per Intense search continues for missing boys Alfa Barrie and Garrett Warren, Garrett is from Harlem, Alfa is from the Bronx. Generally, 13-year olds who are out at 1:30 am don’t hang out with 11-year old kids who go to charter schools. I don’t get the connection.

However, the fish store employee said he saw them all the time.

More questions. I hope they’re found safely!

#BREAKING | The NYPD sent its scuba team into the Harlem River late Thursday morning and secured a crime scene near the Madison Avenue Bridge after a body was found, according to multiple sources and video captured by AIR11.

The discovery was made near where two boys, ages 11 and 13, were seen before they were reported missing, according to multiple police sources. Police have not said whether the body that was discovered Thursday morning is connected to the search for the boys

News 4 NY just said that the boys were seen in the afternoon at the fish market “…then they were spotted back at Garrett’s house early Saturday morning. At 1:30 am they decided to go back out and play basketball but they never returned…”

Is this updated information, or did the reporter get it wrong?

Regardless, RIP, Garrett.

ETA: I transcribed this quote verbatim from Ida Siegal’s live reporting on the 11:00 news broadcast on WNBC.

Another edit: per the same report, quoting Ida Siegel verbatim:

“What’s also unclear tonight is whether they’re determining that the death was accidental or maybe criminal.”

Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reneeking