NY - Billionaire Jeffrey Epstein arrested on sex trafficking, 6 July 2019 #2 *FOUND DECEASED IN JAIL

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
@ShimonPro

Justice officials have now uncovered broader problems at the MCC. It’s not clear what else has been found but, it goes beyond the 24 hours before Epstein’s death. Justice officials say the MCC has suffered a breakdown in protocols for a period that goes back years

I haven't been on here in several weeks so I'm very late to the conversation, but perhaps I can shed a little light and clear up some myths on this subject. I happen to know a little bit about this...wink wink. Epstein was in suicide watch for longer than most inmates are. Folks on here stated that Epstein should have remained on suicide watch the entire time he was being held. There are a few reasons that is not practical. The Bureau's standard protocol is to keep an inmate on suicide watch ONLY for the amount of time the inmate is showing active signs of trying to harm himself. He is placed in a room that typically has large thick glass windows on three sides. There are typically a number of cameras in the room in which a Correctional Officer (not a "guard"!) sits directly outside of the room and constantly maintains view of the inmate. If the inmate tries to harm himself in any manner, then typically a team will enter the suicide watch room and "four point" the inmate - he is handcuffed to the bed with special soft restraints - each limb to a different corner. His status is reviewed every hour to determine if he has gained control of himself in order to release him from the restraints. The inmate has NOTHING in the cell that he can hurt himself with. The inmate may be given a paper gown, but most often they only have their underwear given to them. The inmate's status on suicide watch is consistently monitored by a committee usually consisting of Correctional Services staff, Health Services staff, Psychology staff, and typically an Associate Warden. Generally, in order to keep an inmate on suicide watch for more than 72 hours, the institution must gain the approval of the Regional Office. There must be written documentation as to why the inmate has to be kept on suicide watch. The Bureau has been under tremendous pressure by numerous civil rights and human rights activists in recent years regarding the housing of inmates in isolation, which has led to many revisions to its protocols in order to keep inmates in the least confines necessary. Again typically speaking, the Staff Psychologist is going to conduct interviews routinely with the inmate, and once they believe the inmate is no longer a threat to himself, they will remove the inmate from formal suicide watch and place him in Administrative Detention, (read "segregation"), under general suicide prevention rules. Someone pointed out that Epstein's attorneys requested he be taken off of suicide watch - let me assure you that would gain no traction what-so-ever with institution staff - they could not care less what his damn lawyers wanted. Once back in A.D. as it's referred to, there are no cameras in the cell, but there will be cameras at each end of the "range", the hallway that runs down between the cells. It's true that Epstein would have had a cell mate, but here's the catch, the cell mate must be one that is NOT conflicted with Epstein. If they had to move the cell mate out for any reason, then in order to place another inmate in Epstein's cell they would have had to thoroughly review any prospective inmates' history to ensure the inmate would not be a danger to Epstein. Now can you imagine how hard that would be? You can't just pull an inmate from general population and place them in A.D., so the inmate would have to be from some other cell in A.D. - which by and large, may not amount to any more than 25 inmates or so at any given time. About the only other inmate that would be suitable would be an inmate who is an accused pedophile, and one who is not violent at that. Now, on to the staff part. Yes the Bureau is extremely short-staffed. This is not the Bureau's fault, it is Congress' fault. Every Federal agency asks for a budget each year in order to ensure they have enough to operate. In the Bureau of Prisons, this means the budget must be sufficient to ensure the safety and welfare of staff and inmates, and that each institution can be operate in a secure and orderly fashion. The Bureau has well over a hundred facilities throughout the U.S., including Puerto Rico and Hawaii. Each stand-alone facility has a budget requirement of between 30 and 60 million dollars each fiscal year. That adds up. Staffing comes from an entirely different budget supplied through Congress, which often leads to staff shortfalls. That's why you are reading that the Staff that were suppose to be monitoring Epstein were working numerous overtime shifts, as well as one of the staff members being placed on mandatory overtime from another department. This is referred to as "augmenting." ALL staff who work within the confines of a Federal prison are classified as Law Enforcement officers and they must pass through the law enforcement academy - they are trained correctional workers - including Secretaries, Business Office staff, Human Resources staff, etc... everyone. They may not be as familiar with the instant confines of where they are working as a permanent correctional officer, notwithstanding, they are trained to work correctional posts the same as anyone. Now, with all that said, obviously there was a lapse in protocol and security, which allowed Epstein to hang himself. Epstein was not murdered. He set out to kill himself and he found the time to do it. If an inmate is bound and determined to kill himself, believe me, it's gonna happen. There is an on-going investigation by the Bureau's Inspector General. The staff responsible for decision-making as well as the staff who were suppose to monitor him will be held accountable. If anyone has questions I'd be happy to try an answer them.

What about the hallway? Coming and going into his cell? Why would the cells not have cameras? This sounds suspicious to me. If you were in prison wouldn't you want security cameras for your own protection?!!

How is anybody supposed to get "whacked" if there are cameras everywhere!?

Just kidding (kind of).... it seems to me we are quickly finding out that this MCC is and has been rife with corruption.

This Epstein case is going to blow peoples minds for years to come....

IMO we are about to find out the type of world we actually live in.

The Daily Mail is reporting that Epstein's Little St. James, U.S. Virgin Island home has been raided. The FBI's national office referred me to the PR field office, which has not yet responded to a request for comment
A dozen FBI agents raid Jeffrey Epstein's 'Pedophile Island' | Daily Mail Online
  • FBI agents were seen raiding Jeffrey Epstein's US Virgin Island - Little St. James - on Monday morning and afternoon, exclusive DailyMailTV footage shows
  • At least a dozen agents were seen disembarking speedboats at the pier and driving around the 71.5 acre grounds on golf carts
  • Other officials with 'FBI' lettering on clear display were later seen overlooking the sea from the top of Epstein's remote luxury home
  • The raid comes two days after the 66-year-old was found dead by suicide in his New York jail cell early on Saturday morning
  • An onlooker told DailyMailTV: 'I'm on a boat charter with guests. We were enjoying lunch when we saw over a dozen people landing on the island'
  • The home - dubbed 'pedophile island' and 'orgy island' - is at the center of an ongoing sex trafficking probe into the criminal financier
  • Allegations have been made that underage girls were used as sex slaves and repeatedly abused inside a temple on the island

@Tom_Winter

BREAKING / NBC News: Two senior law enforcement officials say that the FBI and members of the task force belonging to the Manhattan U.S. Attorney's Office focusing on the Jeffrey Epstein investigation are searching his home in the Virgin Islands

I am Not at all surprised by this situation. I thought from Day 1, this guy knows too much. Whether it was his choice, or someone else's, there was to be no chance that he might tell his story at some point. For those involved with him in the past, the stakes were too high.

Anyone thinking that this "investigation," or whatever they want to call it, is going to turn anything up of significance, I've got a bridge for sale. We'll know exactly what they want to tell us, and nothing more. Whatever he might have known, and whatever may have been uncovered about others, is now gone Forever. Sure, they may go after others who were somewhat involved, just so they can say someone paid a price, but he was the prize, and knew far more than anyone else, so his death will make things that much easier on those who the authorities may end up going after.

Make no mistake, there were some who KNEW that this would be the eventual outcome.

I haven't been on here in several weeks so I'm very late to the conversation, but perhaps I can shed a little light and clear up some myths on this subject. I happen to know a little bit about this...wink wink. Epstein was in suicide watch for longer than most inmates are. Folks on here stated that Epstein should have remained on suicide watch the entire time he was being held. There are a few reasons that is not practical. The Bureau's standard protocol is to keep an inmate on suicide watch ONLY for the amount of time the inmate is showing active signs of trying to harm himself. He is placed in a room that typically has large thick glass windows on three sides. There are typically a number of cameras in the room in which a Correctional Officer (not a "guard"!) sits directly outside of the room and constantly maintains view of the inmate. If the inmate tries to harm himself in any manner, then typically a team will enter the suicide watch room and "four point" the inmate - he is handcuffed to the bed with special soft restraints - each limb to a different corner. His status is reviewed every hour to determine if he has gained control of himself in order to release him from the restraints. The inmate has NOTHING in the cell that he can hurt himself with. The inmate may be given a paper gown, but most often they only have their underwear given to them. The inmate's status on suicide watch is consistently monitored by a committee usually consisting of Correctional Services staff, Health Services staff, Psychology staff, and typically an Associate Warden. Generally, in order to keep an inmate on suicide watch for more than 72 hours, the institution must gain the approval of the Regional Office. There must be written documentation as to why the inmate has to be kept on suicide watch. The Bureau has been under tremendous pressure by numerous civil rights and human rights activists in recent years regarding the housing of inmates in isolation, which has led to many revisions to its protocols in order to keep inmates in the least confines necessary. Again typically speaking, the Staff Psychologist is going to conduct interviews routinely with the inmate, and once they believe the inmate is no longer a threat to himself, they will remove the inmate from formal suicide watch and place him in Administrative Detention, (read "segregation"), under general suicide prevention rules. Someone pointed out that Epstein's attorneys requested he be taken off of suicide watch - let me assure you that would gain no traction what-so-ever with institution staff - they could not care less what his damn lawyers wanted. Once back in A.D. as it's referred to, there are no cameras in the cell, but there will be cameras at each end of the "range", the hallway that runs down between the cells. It's true that Epstein would have had a cell mate, but here's the catch, the cell mate must be one that is NOT conflicted with Epstein. If they had to move the cell mate out for any reason, then in order to place another inmate in Epstein's cell they would have had to thoroughly review any prospective inmates' history to ensure the inmate would not be a danger to Epstein. Now can you imagine how hard that would be? You can't just pull an inmate from general population and place them in A.D., so the inmate would have to be from some other cell in A.D. - which by and large, may not amount to any more than 25 inmates or so at any given time. About the only other inmate that would be suitable would be an inmate who is an accused pedophile, and one who is not violent at that. Now, on to the staff part. Yes the Bureau is extremely short-staffed. This is not the Bureau's fault, it is Congress' fault. Every Federal agency asks for a budget each year in order to ensure they have enough to operate. In the Bureau of Prisons, this means the budget must be sufficient to ensure the safety and welfare of staff and inmates, and that each institution can be operate in a secure and orderly fashion. The Bureau has well over a hundred facilities throughout the U.S., including Puerto Rico and Hawaii. Each stand-alone facility has a budget requirement of between 30 and 60 million dollars each fiscal year. That adds up. Staffing comes from an entirely different budget supplied through Congress, which often leads to staff shortfalls. That's why you are reading that the Staff that were suppose to be monitoring Epstein were working numerous overtime shifts, as well as one of the staff members being placed on mandatory overtime from another department. This is referred to as "augmenting." ALL staff who work within the confines of a Federal prison are classified as Law Enforcement officers and they must pass through the law enforcement academy - they are trained correctional workers - including Secretaries, Business Office staff, Human Resources staff, etc... everyone. They may not be as familiar with the instant confines of where they are working as a permanent correctional officer, notwithstanding, they are trained to work correctional posts the same as anyone. Now, with all that said, obviously there was a lapse in protocol and security, which allowed Epstein to hang himself. Epstein was not murdered. He set out to kill himself and he found the time to do it. If an inmate is bound and determined to kill himself, believe me, it's gonna happen. There is an on-going investigation by the Bureau's Inspector General. The staff responsible for decision-making as well as the staff who were suppose to monitor him will be held accountable. If anyone has questions I'd be happy to try an answer them.
Awesome and informative post! Thank you so much for all this info.

Suicide watch is not what I expected it to be - and sounds like hell. I can understand why he was not on it now.

Thank you for the reminder the employees there are federal officers, not guards. I know that, and I think I used the word guard as well.

Very helpful post.

jmo

Thanks so much for filling in some blank spots in our knowledge.

I hope you will consider becoming a verified professional here on WS. We could really use your help!

Verification Process for Professional or Insider Posters

Thanks - this is helpful information.

I agree with you that if an inmate is bound and determined to commit suicide the inmate will make it happen one way or another. However, I'm not so sure JE was bound and determined to commit suicide.

What makes you so sure JE was not murdered?

Thanks - this is helpful information.

I agree with you that if an inmate is bound and determined to commit suicide the inmate will make it happen one way or another. However, I'm not so sure JE was bound and determined to commit suicide.

What makes you so sure JE was not murdered?

If he was murdered, the medical examiners' report and the I.G. Report should confirm that. Cameras will show anyone going to or approaching that cell. If he didn't want to commit suicide, then there would have been a struggle when he was attacked, and his body should show numerous defensive marks.

If he was murdered, the medical examiners' report and the I.G. Report should confirm that. Cameras will show anyone going to or approaching that cell. If he didn't want to commit suicide, then there would have been a struggle when he was attacked, and his body should show numerous defensive marks.

I'm looking forward to seeing the reports and I can hardly wait to see how this all unfolds.

At least a dozen members of Customs and Border Protection and the FBI landed on Jeffrey Epstein’s infamous Little St. James — nicknamed “Pedophile Island” — in the U.S. Virgin Islands on Monday, two days after the accused child sex trafficker was found dead in his Manhattan prison cell in an apparent suicide.

Multiple news outlets captured video and photos of the agents landing at the island’s dock by boat, with some agents then getting into golf carts while other agents appeared to search the surrounding water in scuba gear.
Federal investigators raid Epstein’s 'Pedophile Island'

Jeffrey Epstein was found hanging in his Lower Manhattan jail cell with a bedsheet wrapped around his neck and secured to the top of a bunk bed, The Post has learned.

The convicted pedophile, who was 6 feet tall, apparently killed himself by kneeling toward the floor and strangling himself with the makeshift noose, a law-enforcement source said Monday.

Staffers attempted to revive him and he was taken to an infirmary inside the lockup, then transported by ambulance to the NewYork-Presbyterian Lower Manhattan Hospital, where he was pronounced dead.

https://nypost.com/2019/08/12/jeffrey-epstein-hanged-himself-with-prison-bedsheet-source/

@ShimonPro

Also CNN is told the two guards that were at the Special Housing Unit were both on overtime. One was working a mandatory overtime shift. The other was working his fifth overtime shift of the week.
It seems that the worker is always to blame. I've worked in hospitals where staffing has been critical and a mistake is made. Pretty obvious that it would happen and nurse managers warned administration that conditions were not safe. But they always fire the nurse involved and blame it on a "negligent employee". But my point is that the same thing is happening here IMO. Just blame the guards on duty, fire them, announce the firing to the public, and all forgotten. The guards were merely the symptom. (Administration was the disease.)

At least a dozen members of Customs and Border Protection and the FBI landed on Jeffrey Epstein’s infamous Little St. James — nicknamed “Pedophile Island” — in the U.S. Virgin Islands on Monday, two days after the accused child sex trafficker was found dead in his Manhattan prison cell in an apparent suicide.

Multiple news outlets captured video and photos of the agents landing at the island’s dock by boat, with some agents then getting into golf carts while other agents appeared to search the surrounding water in scuba gear.
Federal investigators raid Epstein’s 'Pedophile Island'
Posted way back somewhere on a thread that the people who lived in neighboring islands called it Sin Island.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AtroRed