NY - Billionaire Jeffrey Epstein arrested on sex trafficking charges, 6 July 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
*Here's why prosecutors argued against bail for Epstein, including that agents who searched his home on Saturday found "the massage room was still set up in the same way it was 15 years ago, with a massage table and sex paraphernalia."
*Attorney David Boies, who represents three women who have publicly shared allegations of abuse by Epstein, said the indictment was a correction to the 2008 agreement.
"This shows what could have been done and should have been done 10 years ago if it were not for political influence that Mr. Epstein and his lawyers brought to bear on the process," Boies told CNN.
Jeffrey Epstein had vast trove of lewd photos of young-looking girls, prosecutors say - CNN

He got off before..how do we know another plea deal is going to go on right now?? And this doesn't fall under double jeopardy?? I want them to nail all involved. Justice for these young girls!!

I'm so glad this guy is finally (hopefully) getting nailed. This case has made me SO MAD for probably over 5 years.
Same here. I think it's been longer than 5 years. The first I heard about the case was when his girlfriend/pimp (what to call her?) was in the news along with him. Seems longer than 5 years as I remember reading about it on my previous computer when my home office was arranged differently - how's that for accurate dating?! Where were you on the night when you moved the couch, lol!)

jmo

He got off before..how do we know another plea deal is going to go on right now?? And this doesn't fall under double jeopardy?? I want them to nail all involved. Justice for these young girls!!
I think they've been careful about double-jeopardy, though defense might try to argue it. Go ahead, I think these charges will stick.

I'm taking one step at a time and at this point just hoping he doesn't get bail. That will be victory #2. (Victory #1 was his arrest on Saturday.)

jmo

Article about JE's finances:

"For all his infamy, there are scant details of how he made his money. While he’s frequently been called a billionaire, his net worth is hard to ascertain. He ran a money management firm catering to the ultra-rich, primarily for Victoria’s Secret founder Les Wexner, but its assets were never made public and few on Wall Street have dealt with him as a financier or money manager."

Bloomberg - Are you a robot?

From the article:

1953 born in Brooklyn
Dropped out of college
1973-75 teacher at fancy private school in Manhattan. One of his students was the son of Bear Stearns CEO Alan Greenberg
1976 worked at Bear Stearns as junior assistant to floor trader
1980 made partner
1981 left Bear Stearns to form his own J. Epstein & Co with business plan of only working with billionaires
1990s company incorporated in U.S. Virgin Islands. Now called Financial Trust Co.

Doesn't really explain, imo, where/how he obtained so many expensive properties, two airplanes, 15 cars (iirc), connections to the elite in the world. He's rich beyond rich, supposedly. What's he selling that is bringing in so much money? (Is the answer what seems obvious, underage girls?)

jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member