NY - Billionaire Jeffrey Epstein arrested on sex trafficking charges, 6 July 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He is a repulsive, slimy degenerate. IF he is allowed bail, he will commit suicide. Watch.

Nah, he could escape to some remote place where he can't be extradited and where he is protected. IIRC, his money is in offshore accounts in who knows how many foreign countries. He could possibly continue to have access to some of his funds or get support from others. MOO, JMO He sounds like the kind of guy who has taken steps to protect his assets to the greatest extent possible, while finding a way to access them. With all his years in the financial world, he probably knows how to do this. MOO

Why Sex Offender Jeffrey Epstein Is Not A Billionaire

Forbes has never included Epstein, 66, in its rankings of the World’s Billionaires, since there is scant proof he holds a ten-figure fortune. As we wrote in 2010, “The source of his wealth—a money management firm in the U.S. Virgin Islands—generates no public records, nor has his client list ever been released.”

Kuvin added that he and his team “pursued every possible angle” to find out Epstein‘s net worth but found that much of his wealth is offshore. “We'll never know now because everything was resolved out of court,” he said.

Last edited:
What is this second about, do you know?

jmo

The first appearance was with the magistrate for bail. The Berman appearance is because he is the judge assigned in the case. Epstein and lawyers want this case tossed is my guess--he served his time, he had a deal (although FL pros. said it was only pertaining to FL cases), etc.

Jeffrey Epstein Charged In Manhattan Federal Court With Sex Trafficking Of Minors

"Epstein allegedly worked with several employees and associates to ensure that he had a steady supply of minor victims to abuse, and paid several of those victims themselves to recruit other underage girls to engage in similar sex acts for money. He committed these offenses in locations including New York, New York, and Palm Beach, Florida. EPSTEIN is expected to be presented in Manhattan federal court this afternoon before U.S. Magistrate Judge Henry B. Pitman. The case is assigned to U.S. District Judge Richard M. Berman."

julie k. brown‏Verified account @jkbjournalist 8m8 minutes ago
BREAKING: Bail hearing for indicted sex trafficker Jeffrey Epstein to be continued Thursday. Defense attorneys will argue he has lived a “law-abiding life” even though feds found naked photos of girls in his safe.
Julie Brown is the Miami Herald journalist who did such amazing work. I was wondering if she would be at court for his appearances. I'm glad she is!

jmo

1. Court appearances now over. Epstein heading back toMCC. His detention hearing will be July 15.

I know they are different cases but Fotis Dulos goes back to court on 7/15 also

I think the most important piece about transparency in this case is that the legal representation on behalf of the people has not wanted to hold this man to account in Florida and his SO status in NY. We need to be watchful that justice is served.

https://nypost.com/2018/12/01/manha...ile-billionaire-after-botching-investigation/

From your link:

The Manhattan DA’s office once went to bat for billionaire pervert Jeffrey Epstein, after botching a review of his sex crimes and swallowing his lawyers’ claim that “there are no real victims here,” records obtained by the Post show.

Assistant DA Jennifer Gaffney, then-deputy chief of Cyrus Vance Jr.’s sex-crimes unit, in January 2011 asked a Manhattan judge to downgrade Epstein’s status in the New York sex-offender registry from the most-dangerous Level 3 to least-restrictive Level 1.

The judge was stunned.

Yes, the public will have to keep an eye on this case, even if the news media stops following it. Hopefully, the Miami Herald will keep that from happening.

ETA: The NY county District Attorney can't do a lot this time, but there's also reason to carefully watch the prosecution team now. There are many, many former clients of Epstein who come from various backgrounds. Do we even know all the players involved this time around? IDK, but hopefully will learn more.

Last edited:
And he's a registered sex offender in Florida...FDLE - Sexual Offender and Predator System

And in NYS by the grace of the presiding judge at the time. Nice to have friends in high places.

"Assistant DA Jennifer Gaffney, then-deputy chief of Cyrus Vance Jr.’s sex-crimes unit, in January 2011 asked a Manhattan judge to downgrade Epstein’s status in the New York sex-offender registry from the most-dangerous Level 3 to least-restrictive Level 1.

The judge was stunned.

“I have never seen the prosecutor’s office do anything like this,” Manhattan Supreme Court Justice Ruth Pickholz told Gaffney. “I have done many [cases] much less troubling than this one where [prosecutors] would never make a downward argument like this.”

Pressed by the judge, Gaffney admitted that she never spoke to the Florida U.S. Attorney who handled a sprawling sex-crime investigation into the financier.

“I don’t think you did much of an investigation here,” Pickholz said. “I am shocked.” https://nypost.com/2018/12/01/manha...ile-billionaire-after-botching-investigation/

And in NYS by the grace of the presiding judge at the time. Nice to have friends in high places.

"Assistant DA Jennifer Gaffney, then-deputy chief of Cyrus Vance Jr.’s sex-crimes unit, in January 2011 asked a Manhattan judge to downgrade Epstein’s status in the New York sex-offender registry from the most-dangerous Level 3 to least-restrictive Level 1.

The judge was stunned.

“I have never seen the prosecutor’s office do anything like this,” Manhattan Supreme Court Justice Ruth Pickholz told Gaffney. “I have done many [cases] much less troubling than this one where [prosecutors] would never make a downward argument like this.”

Pressed by the judge, Gaffney admitted that she never spoke to the Florida U.S. Attorney who handled a sprawling sex-crime investigation into the financier.

“I don’t think you did much of an investigation here,” Pickholz said. “I am shocked.” https://nypost.com/2018/12/01/manha...ile-billionaire-after-botching-investigation/
Whoa. I'm stunned as well.

jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members