NY - Billionaire Jeffrey Epstein arrested on sex trafficking charges, 6 July 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Secretary Acosta (@SecretaryAcosta) on Twitter
The crimes committed by Epstein are horrific, and I am pleased that NY prosecutors are moving forward with a case based on new evidence.

Now that new evidence and additional testimony is available, the NY prosecution offers an important opportunity to more fully bring him to justice.

https://mobile.twitter.com/SecretaryAcosta/status/1148618145671917571
Unfortunately for Mr. Acosta, much of the same information was available when he met with Mr. Epstein's expert legal team and gave him the deal of the century. Additional testimony from survivors was available but he chose to not inform them of the deal or opportunity to speak. Further, he allowed Mr. Epstein to try and portray these children as prostitutes. If Mr. Acosta had done his job, he might have gotten the adult women who scheduled the teens to turn and put the man away forever.

The biggest question for me is why Mr. Acosta disregarded LEO and others who had amassed evidence, survivors, and others who could advocate for prosecuting more crimes. Mr. Acosta, would you like to answer that?

Name anyone else associated with Clinton who has a chance to bring him down

If anyone else was involved, I think the FBI will find all the evidence they need by checking the flight logs of Epstein's private jets and by following the money trail via the many non-profit foundations.

I'll be shocked and very disappointed if Epstein is given any kind of plea deal in exchange for information. Hopefully, he's never getting out of jail.

JMO

Unfortunately for Mr. Acosta, much of the same information was available when he met with Mr. Epstein's expert legal team and gave him the deal of the century. Additional testimony from survivors was available but he chose to not inform them of the deal or opportunity to speak. Further, he allowed Mr. Epstein to try and portray these children as prostitutes. If Mr. Acosta had done his job, he might have gotten the adult women who scheduled the teens to turn and put the man away forever.

The biggest question for me is why Mr. Acosta disregarded LEO and others who had amassed evidence, survivors, and others who could advocate for prosecuting more crimes. Mr. Acosta, would you like to answer that?

That's the question I have for Mr. Acosta. I'm appalled such a sweet deal was cut for such an incredibly serious crime against children.

JMO

This pedophile creep is finally going to get what he has long deserved. He's finally going to be locked away forever.

There is no double jeopardy involved. The first charges were state charges, and these are federal charges. The USSC court has already decided it's not double jeopardy.

I saw James Patterson on Fox with Dana Perino, and he said he had hired three of the toughest most seasoned PIs to investigate before he wrote his book Filthy Rich. He said they couldnt find anyone in the Palm Beach area Epstein lived in that knew what all was happening. Patterson lives in this same area. He did say President Trump banned Epstein from his coming to Florida resort about 15 years ago.

It was done behind the walls of secrecy. I never knew JP wrote non fiction, but I certainly plan to purchase FR he wrote in 2016 about this creep.

Sex trafficking has been happening for decades, but for some unknown reason most of the national media for many years never seemed to want to expose it or cover it like it deserves.

Imo, sex trafficking of young boys, and girls is an epidemic in our country.

Imo, Right now sex traffickers are trafficking young children, and so many haven't been caught yet. They live among all of us, and many are coming across our southern border. Some have been captured. But its only logical many havent been, and are enslaving vulnerable children with many of the children hidden behind walls with no help in sight.

I hope this case will bring even more awareness to this severe epidemic so more young children can be found/saved, and the traffickers put away forever.

If Epstein is even a billionaire he made it on producing, and selling kiddie *advertiser censored*, and letting pedophiles rape young boys, and girls.

I read an article a couple of years back that kiddie *advertiser censored*, more than any other kind brings in the most profit every year being purchased by both men, and women. Ugh!

I hope other writers, and investigative journalists will continue to find sex traffickers so they too can be exposed, and all abused children receive their due justice as well.

Imo, there are many out there still waiting, and hoping someone saves them too, and releases them from the hell they are subjected to every single day.

Jmho

Last edited:
Sorry if already posted, there's a bit about JE's finances in Julie Brown's 5 part investigation in the Miami Herald.

He has never been in the Forbes 400 list of the wealthiest Americans, largely because the magazine has never been able to determine the source or the size of his wealth.

He has been dogged by questions about his financial dealings. A former business partner, Steven Hoffenberg, sued him in 2016, claiming that Epstein was the mastermind behind a $500 million Ponzi scheme that Hoffenberg was imprisoned for in 1995. Hoffenberg served 18 years for the scam, but he later dropped the lawsuit against Epstein.

In August, two of Hoffenberg’s former investors rekindled the lawsuit against Epstein, but the case was dropped in October.

Cops worked to put serial sex abuser in prison. Prosecutors worked to cut him a break

This pedophile creep is finally going to get what he has long deserved. He's finally going to be locked away forever.

There is no double jeopardy involved. The first charges were state charges, and these are federal charges. The USSC court has already decided it's not double jeopardy.

I saw James Patterson on Fox with Dana Perino, and he said he had hired three of the toughest most seasoned PIs to investigate before he wrote his book Filthy Rich. He said they couldnt find anyone in the Palm Beach area Epstein lived in that knew what all was happening. Patterson lives in this same area. He did say President Trump banned Epstein from his coming to Florida resort about 15 years ago.

It was done behind the walls of secrecy. I never knew JP wrote non fiction, but I certainly plan to purchase FR he wrote in 2016 about this creep.

Sex trafficking has been happening for decades, but for some unknown reason most of the national media for many years never seemed to want to expose it or cover it like it deserves.

Imo, Right now sex traffickers are trafficking young children, and so many haven't been caught yet. They live among all of us, and many are coming across our southern border. Some have been captured. But its only logical many havent been, and are enslaving vulnerable children with many of the children hidden behind walls with no help in sight.

I hope this case will bring even more awareness to this severe epidemic so more young children can be found/saved, and the traffickers put away forever.

If Epstein is even a billionaire he made it on producing, and selling kiddie *advertiser censored*, and letting pedophiles rape young boys, and girls.

I read an article a couple of years back that kiddie *advertiser censored*, more than any other kind brings in the most profit every year being purchased by both men, and women. Ugh!

I hope other writers, and investigative journalists will continue to find sex traffickers so they too can be exposed, and all abused children receive their due justice as well.

Imo, there are many out there still waiting, and hoping someone saves them too, and releases them from the hell they are subjected to every single day.

Jmho

I really hope you're right. I hope in this case justice outweighs financial resources.

I really hope you're right. I hope in this case justice outweighs financial resources.

Times have changed. The mood has changed. Those who might hav gained by association with JE are far thinner o the ground, and neither main political party, at any level, has the stomach or clear inventive to let him off easy again. I expect a new trial, a guilty verdict, and what is effectively a life sentence to be rendered -- without, I hope, any chance of a presidential pardon.

Jmho

He certainly deserves to be locked up for a long time. Let's hope it happens.

But what about his clients? We're not hearing much about charges against those people. I hope the case and investigation moves in that direction.

Otherwise, these abusive criminal enterprises will continue on and on.

When the FBI or similar LE agency busts an online pedophile ring, for example, they arrest all the perps who are selling, buying, posting or viewing the material. Why should the same kind of perps be given a pass just because they committed the crime in person?

Barr initially recused himself because he joined a law firm that had represented Epstein the year before Barr joined the law firm. Barr didn't go anything wrong.

JMO

Are you aware that Bill Barr's father hired then-two-time college dropout Jeffrey Epstein at the Dalton School? To teach ... kids?

I don't know but if I were paying Dalton School tuition ($51K these days, according to their website) I would want all of the teachers to have degrees if not Ph.Ds.

Anyway, I think the ethical thing for Barr to do would be to recuse himself to avoid any possible appearance of bias. I think it's very strange that he did and then unrecused himself. I'd like to know why.

Source: "This, however, was not the first connection between Barr and his family and the disgraced pedophile. In 1973, Barr’s father Donald, the headmaster at Manhattan’s Dalton School, hired Epstein as a calculus and physics teacher.

While hiring Epstein, a noted mathematics genius, was not strange on its face, the hire was unusual for a number of reasons. Epstein had not earned a college degree as he dropped out of New York’s prestigious Cooper Union. The other odd circumstance was that the new teacher was only 20 years of age."

The Ties That Bind Jeffrey Epstein, William Barr & Donald Trump

Times have changed. The mood has changed. Those who might hav gained by association with JE are far thinner o the ground, and neither main political party, at any level, has the stomach or clear inventive to let him off easy again. I expect a new trial, a guilty verdict, and what is effectively a life sentence to be rendered -- without, I hope, any chance of a presidential pardon.

A presidential pardon would not cover state crimes, of which I am sure Epstein has committed many.

Are you aware that Bill Barr's father hired then-two-time college dropout Jeffrey Epstein at the Dalton School? To teach ... kids?

I don't know but if I were paying Dalton School tuition ($51K these days, according to their website) I would want all of the teachers to have degrees if not Ph.Ds.

Anyway, I think the ethical thing for Barr to do would be to recuse himself to avoid any possible appearance of bias. I think it's very strange that he did and then unrecused himself. I'd like to know why.

Source: "This, however, was not the first connection between Barr and his family and the disgraced pedophile. In 1973, Barr’s father Donald, the headmaster at Manhattan’s Dalton School, hired Epstein as a calculus and physics teacher.

While hiring Epstein, a noted mathematics genius, was not strange on its face, the hire was unusual for a number of reasons. Epstein had not earned a college degree as he dropped out of New York’s prestigious Cooper Union. The other odd circumstance was that the new teacher was only 20 years of age."

The Ties That Bind Jeffrey Epstein, William Barr & Donald Trump

Very interesting, didn't know this. When reading JE's background, I was quite surprised that he was hired to teach school in spite of dropping out of college. Apparently, standards at some private schools aren't very high when it comes to faculty, certainly not as high as at public schools. It seems to be based on who you know, not how well educated or skilled you might be. Connections seem to mean everything in the world of the 1%. It explains a lot. ;)

Nice. :rolleyes:

“I’m not a sexual predator, I’m an ‘offender’ … It’s the difference between a murderer and a person who steals a bagel.”

That was the billionaire Jeffrey Epstein, in 2011, speaking—bragging, really—to the New York Post, about the deal that his lawyers had struck a few years earlier on his behalf.

When Jeffrey Epstein Joked About Sex Abuse

Jmho

I wonder if Epstein is involved with the missing children from the border. The ones that the officials say that they have no idea where they are

Very interesting, didn't know this. When reading JE's background, I was quite surprised that he was hired to teach school in spite of dropping out of college. Apparently, standards at some private schools aren't very high when it comes to faculty, certainly not as high as at public schools. It seems to be based on who you know, not how well educated or skilled you might be. Connections seem to mean everything in the world of the 1%. It explains a lot. ;)

Back in the day, many private school teachers did not have teaching degrees. They often spent time in college (usually liberal arts schools focused on a content area). That was part of the appeal. I know people who teach in private schools who have PhD in English but no Education degree and they are great, involved teachers. The question of whether a person with a BA in Education or English is a better teacher is a bit of a herring. I have seen plenty of bad teachers with Ed degrees and plenty of bad teachers with a content degree. JMHO.

The fact that he dropped out of Cooper Union is/was a concern but we have no idea when he went to NYU---if it was at the time he was teaching, they may have had an agreement that he needed to get the BA/BS soon. Everything around this man speaks to some sort of powerful personality that many take him at face value while he then goes on to exploit children, relationships, etc.

Back in the day, many private school teachers did not have teaching degrees. They often spent time in college (usually liberal arts schools focused on a content area). That was part of the appeal. I know people who teach in private schools who have PhD in English but no Education degree and they are great, involved teachers. The question of whether a person with a BA in Education or English is a better teacher is a bit of a herring. I have seen plenty of bad teachers with Ed degrees and plenty of bad teachers with a content degree. JMHO.

snipped for focus

He was hired to teach without having either an education or content degree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ioprgee