NY - Billionaire Jeffrey Epstein arrested on sex trafficking charges, 6 July 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, if it's related to Bear Stearns, no one was arrested or went to jail.

Bear Stearns

JP Morgan bought out Bear Stearns with the help of the Federal Reserve Bank, the hedge fund market started it's slide into collapse. The economy tanked and U.S. taxpayers bailed everyone out. No one went to jail.

ETA: If government regulators had been doing their job, including the SEC, they wouldn't have needed any "tips" from a pedophile.
There were two execs arrested and charged with fraud but they were found not guilty. They did have to settle monetarily with the SEC but it was a low amount.

How the Bear Stearns Fraud Case Unfolded

Well, if it's related to Bear Stearns, no one was arrested or went to jail.

Bear Stearns

JP Morgan bought out Bear Stearns with the help of the Federal Reserve Bank, the hedge fund market started it's slide into collapse. The economy tanked and U.S. taxpayers bailed everyone out. No one went to jail.

ETA: If government regulators had been doing their job, including the SEC, they wouldn't have needed any "tips" from a pedophile.

I’m thinking it has to do with the “friends” that have traveled and spent time at epsteins residents, i’m thinking there are videos of those girls with those “friends”. Blackmail

This case is one big (and very old) smelly onion that I'm not sure many of the powerful folks that surround JE want have peeled in court or in the public eye. Curious to see how many layers of the onion get peeled in this latest go round of litigation and discussion.

Surprising, given he dodged these charges years ago. I wonder what's up? The NYT article says he was only charged with one count of sex trafficking and one count of conspiracy to commit sex trafficking. There were allegations that many more girls were invovled, so why only one count?

Was there only one victim who decided to come forward? I've heard the difficulty in prosecuting these cases is that victims are sometimes paid to keep quiet.

BBM

This was the old rigged deal that resulted in previous federal charges against Mr. Epstein being dropped.

I hope they're not just doing this for "show" and that they really go through with this. With only 1 count of sex trafficking, though, I'm skeptical. IANAL, but it seems like there should be more.

ETA: Here's a link to the Miami Herald story. They've done a lot of hard work to research and report on these crimes.

Jeffrey Epstein arrested on sex trafficking charges
Totally agree with you! Miami Herald did some brilliant reporting on this case years ago IMO yet JE was able to walk away with few consequences in the State of FL. Unfounded rumors abound as to why this was the case. I agree with you that the purpose of the latest charges might is to just 'bury' the entire case once and for all in order to possibly protect those that availed themselves of JE 'hospitality'. The list of people visiting JE island and using his jets read like a 'who's who' of business, industry, government and royalty.

If there is an archive of MH articles on the case I would strongly suggest reading them as many were very well done investigative pieces and with excellent sources. MOO

Link to MH article about reporter (Julie Brown) involved with many of the JE stories and someone who has done alot of work on the victims and how they were treated:

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/crime/article226462555.html

Julie Brown response to Acosta comments:
https://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/article232520897.html

Last edited:
So, he says that he is walking the straight and narrow and the community is safe. Not really, he held onto the videos and photos of his victims, allowing him to relive his crimes anytime he wishes. He filmed these women and, instead of using his imported VI shredder to shred the videos he took, he has his assaults and anyone else's assaults at his fingertips. That is not straight and narrow. That is still behaving badly with kiddie *advertiser censored*-- illegal and probably not filmed with consent (oh, right, they were under 18 and could not give consent). Keep him locked up-- no kiddie *advertiser censored* in jail.

From: Jeffrey Epstein seeks $77 million bail package in sex trafficking case
Epstein's attorneys also emphasized that the new charges relate to past behavior and said he's had a "spotless 14-year record of walking the straight and narrow."

"Any danger that Mr. Epstein may have once posed to the community has long since abated," the lawyers wrote. "At the very least, this enormous gap in time precludes a finding by clear and convincing evidence that no conditions of release can reasonably assure the community's safety."

Sarah Fitzpatrick (@S_Fitzpatrick) on Twitter
TOMORROW on @TODAYshow: More of @SavannahGuthrie’s exclusive interview with Jeffrey Epstein accuser, Jennifer Araoz.
@NBCInvestigates
In our many months of reporting this story, 2 things stood out to me: the grooming techniques and the many adults that victims allege facilitated their visits to Jeffrey Epstein. I hope you’ll tune in to the TODAY show tomorrow to learn more.

Adam Klasfeld (@KlasfeldReports) on Twitter
There is no reason that the defendant need have waited until this evening to submit his Sealing Motion, and the Government cannot meaningfully respond to a Bail Motion that contains no material financial information, either under seal or otherwise."
DOJ-Epstein 7.11.19

What does this mean though? By that I mean.. what is the significance of the fact he has not yet submitted a financial disclosure (even under seal)? I understand the fact the gov’t is saying hey we need more time to respond since we haven’t gotten anything yet.

What would be the reason (other than money laundering or something) that a person doesn’t do this?

I don’t know enough about how these things are maneuvered since I’m not a lawyer... I’m just wondering what the “behind the scenes” scoop is...

Nothing related to JE in this case should be under seal. He got special treatment years ago in Florida and there should be complete transparency now in New York so everyone can be sure it’s not going to happen again.

My two cents: I think his money comes from blackmailing his “friends” and it probably started with a rich parent at the private school he taught at and carried to Bear Stearn. Nobody even knows what, exactly, he does.
I read an article yesterday in The NY Times, and it refers to an old article in Vanity Fair about him and his mansion in NY. Interesting stuff.
Also if this blows up to include rich and famous others, they should ALL be prosecuted. I think a lot of us will be surprised when it all comes out.

Fox News' Andrew Napolitano predicts Alex Acosta will be gone by tomorrow

We are having a running bet on this in our house.

Hubby says Acosta will ride it out, and be okay.
Grandma says he is gone by next week.

I am not sure...going with Tuesday.
After the blaming accusation Acosta made against the Florida DA--and the DA's very pointed response--I'm with Grandma.

That ridiculously sweet deal he made with Epstein's attorney should have very serious consequences.

JMO

At least 14 new women come forward to accuse Jeffrey Epstein of sexual abuse | Daily Mail Online
  • Four women went to lawyer David Boies with claims following Epstein's arrest
  • Ten more are said to have gone to other lawyers in the light of the new charges
  • It is thought at least five of those were underage at the time of the allegations
  • 'They are not individuals whose claims have previously been part of any law enforcement investigation', Palm Beach attorney Jack Scarola said
  • And in New Mexico, where ranch owner Epstein did not have to register as a sex offender, the attorney general's office has now launched a probe
  • Epstein , 66, was arrested Saturday night in New Jersey as he arrived from Paris
  • He now faces sex trafficking charges alleging he abused dozens of underage girls in Florida and New York in the early 2000s

https://nypost.com/2019/07/10/nypd-...jeffrey-epstein-skip-judge-ordered-check-ins/

NYPD let convicted pedophile Jeffrey Epstein skip judge-ordered check-ins
I was amazed a level 3 offender was allowed to fly around the world. so much. I believe any movement outside the state must be approved but really don't know that much about it. I did read the DA's office tried to get a downgrade on his level once and the judge was just incredulous, saying they had never heard of the DA's office trying to do something like this. She denied it. But for the DA's office to try shows how connected he was with someone... Found the article.

That Time Manhattan DA’s Office ‘Shocked’ a Judge with Epstein Sex-Offender Registry Argument

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member