Match! NY - Caledonia, WhtFem 1UFNY, 13-19, Turquoise Necklace, Nov'79 *Tammy Alexander*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If it hadn't been for Sharon getting her name back right after Tammy's DNA was submitted, I'd have no fingernails left.

Its taking longer than I thought, although I realise that some samples take years to be processed!

I guess no news is good news?? At least that's what I'm going to tell my self :scared:

I realized with alarm today that the resemblance I see between Cali and Tammy is all from the sketches of Cali and not the PM pictures. When I look at the PM I don't see that
eye opening resembalance that took my breath away when I first read Carl's Bingo post. The circumstances fit and I think there is good reason to think this could be a match
but I am much less excited then I was. The good news would be if it is not a match maybe Tammy is out there alive somewhere.

I realized with alarm today that the resemblance I see between Cali and Tammy is all from the sketches of Cali and not the PM pictures. When I look at the PM I don't see that
eye opening resembalance that took my breath away when I first read Carl's Bingo post. The circumstances fit and I think there is good reason to think this could be a match
but I am much less excited then I was. The good news would be if it is not a match maybe Tammy is out there alive somewhere.

I think she looks more like the PM photos than she does any of the recons.

But there is a height difference between Cali (5'3"), and her sister's recollection of her height (about 5'5" to 5'6"). So that gives me pause.

I think she looks strikingly similar to the postmortem pictures, especially considering the angle/lighting difference, that Tammy has a smiling photo while Cali doesn't, and she was shot in the head (which would mess up the bone structure in her face). I think the upturned nose everyone thought was a distinguishing feature, was just caused by damage to her face after being shot.

IMO a 2- or 3-inch height discrepancy is negligible considering all the other similarities. I've learned not to rely on height as much as I used to after Margaret Walden (where there was an 8-inch height discrepancy).

Cali’s PM photos are burned in my mind, and I always thought that when I saw a photo of her, there would be instant recognition. And that’s what happened when I saw the yearbook photo of Tammy. I’ve never felt that way about any of the other possible matches, so that’s why I’m so certain it’s Tammy. Well, that and the fact that the circumstances and timeline completely fit.

I posted on the Walker Jane thread about moles on Tammy's chin and cheek. I do not see them on Cali. The photos may have been touched due to wounds. I want Cali to be identified...

I posted on the Walker Jane thread about moles on Tammy's chin and cheek. I do not see them on Cali. The photos may have been touched due to wounds. I want Cali to be identified...

I asked about that a few weeks ago. They're just specks of dirt on the photo; you can see some discoloration around one of them.

Cali’s PM photos are burned in my mind, and I always thought that when I saw a photo of her, there would be instant recognition. And that’s what happened when I saw the yearbook photo of Tammy. I’ve never felt that way about any of the other possible matches, so that’s why I’m so certain it’s Tammy. Well, that and the fact that the circumstances and timeline completely fit.

I am not good with faces. Sometimes I don't recognize my own neighbors :p So take this with a grain of salt--but when I saw Tammy's photo in the thread, I thought, "Hey, I wonder where Carl found that new picture of Cali?"

I thought the same thing until I really started looking closer at the PM of her side view on doe network.I was focusing too much on her nose and mouth straight on.If this is Tammy Jo,bless the heart of her friend who took the time to report her missing.

Carl, do you have any idea when the DNA tests (or whatever they're doing to compare the Cali/Tammy PM) will be finished?

Roselvr and I posted Tammy Jo on our Never Forget Me page. Many people who saw her post, and have followed Cali's case throughout the years, commented that they think she is Cali Doe. We did not mention Cali's case at any point in that post.

I emailed Burgess a few days ago for an update, and he said this comparison may take longer than most have in the past. So it sounds like we are in for a little bit of a wait on this one.

Thank you for the update :)

I have posted in here before but not too much, I have always looked for Cali. I don't know why her case just grabbed me at the heart strings, probably because I have two kids myself and could never imagine not reporting them. R.I.P

Roselvr and I posted Tammy Jo on our Never Forget Me page. Many people who saw her post, and have followed Cali's case throughout the years, commented that they think she is Cali Doe. We did not mention Cali's case at any point in that post.

I emailed Burgess a few days ago for an update, and he said this comparison may take longer than most have in the past. So it sounds like we are in for a little bit of a wait on this one.

When I shared your post on my page, a friend who has never been to New York said, "Isn't that the girl they found shot in a cornfield 30 years ago? "

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay