NY - Captured, escaped convicted killers, David Sweat & Richard Matt, Dannemora #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I truly wonder uf they had money with them. How did they think they were going to live?

Alexa Green ‏@AlexaTWCNews 19m19 minutes ago New York, USA

ICYMI: Pamela Sweat speaks out about her son #DavidSweat's capture #PrisonBreakNY #CNY #Dannemora http://bit.ly/1BRXrpE

I work in a prison. We have a hobby craft area where they paint, knit, sew, leathermaking, soap stone carving, stain glass. Whatever their hobby is. Twice a year there is sale where employees can go and buy their crafts. Money goes to the inmate for more supplies. So perhaps the paintings weren't given away but sold?

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

I work in a prison. We have a hobby craft area where they paint, knit, sew, leathermaking, soap stone carving, stain glass. Whatever their hobby is. Twice a year there is sale where employees can go and buy their crafts. Money goes to the inmate for more supplies. So perhaps the paintings weren't given away but sold?

I could get behind that if Palmer had not tried to destro them.

Alexa Green ‏@AlexaTWCNews 19m19 minutes ago New York, USA

ICYMI: Pamela Sweat speaks out about her son #DavidSweat's capture #PrisonBreakNY #CNY #Dannemora http://bit.ly/1BRXrpE

Really sad for his mother. In one interview at the end she broke down and said I just want to know what is wrong with my son. She dealt with him all those years. Did the best she could. Tried her hardest. Still loves him despite his flaws. I feel for her. MOO.

Really sad for his mother. In one interview at the end she broke down and said I just want to know what is wrong with my son. She dealt with him all those years. Did the best she could. Tried her hardest. Still loves him despite his flaws. I feel for her. MOO.

I feel for her too. When she broke down it was so very, very sad. Sorry to hear from prior post the Community shunned her. Glad to hear she had Family support. Poor Lady.

It will be most interesting once all has been Investigated and we hear a final report. Especially the Prison. A whole can of whoop azz has been opened up and no going back now.

I feel for her too. When she broke down it was so very, very sad. Sorry to hear from prior post the Community shunned her. Glad to hear she had Family support. Poor Lady.

The community that shunned her were blessed with children that toed the line. They have no clue what it means to deal with a child that doesn't. It's that simple. If God himself came down to argue with David Sweat, IMO, it wouldn't have made a difference. He was destined to be what he was. Painful for his entire family.

I could get behind that if Palmer had not tried to destro them.

Also, Palmer has admitted to selling Matt's paintings on Ebay for him.

"The officer, Gene Palmer, who has worked at the prison since 1987, told investigators that he even helped Mr. Matt mail one of the paintings, of the television character Tony Soprano, to a woman in Florida, who sold it on eBay for $2,000, according to the person with knowledge of Mr. Palmer’s statements."

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/26/nyregion/corrections-officer-new-york-prison-escape.html

I still dont get the plan to kill Lyle. Why? Would they not want to leave ASAP? Why take the chance of stopping at the house and somebody seeing or hearing something? I dont get it. Therefore I dont believe it LOL Tillie and her car would be a liability. Eventually. Unless the plan was to off them both at the time. I dunno? Confusing angle to me.

I think this kind of stuff goes on in all prisons, in Texas a death row inmate got a hold of a cell phone and called a judge and threatened him and his daughters, now how in the world did he get a cell phone and get the judge's home phone number? It was the judge that convicted him btw.

The problem at that prison in Huntsville was so bad they talked about scrambling the signals since so many cell phones were floating around the place.

no this stuff doesn't go on in all prisons. In the prison where I worked, staff were not allowed to carry personal cell phones. Plastic knives were not allowed, Bic ball point pens were not allowed. Only safety scissors were allowed in the art area and they were kept in a closet under lock and key. White-out was considered contraband.

If cell phones got into the prison, it was because of lack of leadership. It all depends on the Warden and the head of the prison security staff. This stuff that was going on in Clinton was ridiculous.

JMO

I thought Sweat was raised mostly in foster homes? Never mind, I found the link. Kids raised in the turmoil of dysfunctional homes where the parent spends her time drinking and partying are not going to turn out well.

David Sweat grew up in Deposit, N.Y., a speck of a town about 30 miles east of Binghamton, raised mainly by a single mother, Pamela Sweat. He had two sisters.

For a short time, Patricia Desmond and her boyfriend lived with them. “He really wasn’t raised into the best society,” Ms. Desmond said, referring to Mr. Sweat. “We drank a lot, we partied a lot. His life was into turmoil.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/13/n...ys-thieves-killers-and-now-escapees.html?_r=0

On CNN, Anderson Cooper said that the FBI may be investigating the prison due to the drug trade. Did anyone else hear that? Is that true?
As someone who lives in NYS - I'd feel better if an independent group investigated the prison - rather than people who are appointed by the Governor or have conflicts of interest.
I know in my local prisons, contraband is coming in all the time - but it is soon discovered and dealt with.
Thanks

has anyone heard from the higher ups? Warden? Isn't that the one who is in charge of everyone?

has anyone heard from the higher ups? Warden? Isn't that the one who is in charge of everyone?

No not a word from the Warden. I mentioned that early in. Maybe we now understand? Not accusing but what a poorly run prison.

Remembering Cuomo's capture statement he mentioned M&S located a contractors job box behind the wall in the tunnel. One of them being a lock picker and they entered this job box. This tells me where power tools must have come from to make the break.

Posting a pic of a contractor job box usally full of tools but many different types of job boxes.

delta-jobox-job-site-slope-lid-storage-chest-tool-box-3.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member