NY - Captured, escaped convicted killers, David Sweat & Richard Matt, Dannemora #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have some other thoughts on Tillie--- Don't jump on me, but, here it goes. (I DO NOT feel sorry for her because she is responsible for her actions.)

Tillie has this staid and sheltered life. She and her husband drive to work together, drive home together, and do everything together. She gets targeted by Sweat. He pays attention, flirts, and they get "close" and intimate. Sweat gets Matt in the tailor shop. He and Matt begin to "vie" for her attentions and make her feel "loved" by them. I think they make her feel attractive--beautiful and manipulate her by having her think she is making choices when she has been tricked into doing things.

She is probably not the sharpest knife in the drawer. She is in so deep by the time she realizes that she has bought into a scenario that will end her life as she knows it.

They knew that she would probably be in some shallow grave by the time they get to W. Virginia. They had to escape on a weekend so she wouldn't be missed. Lyle had to die not because she couldn't stand him but because he would know she was missing. A non-violent death for Lyle would appeal to her but I have no doubt that Matt would have snapped his neck. They probably had access to tools they needed but they tricked her. They didn't need her saws. They manipulated her by suggesting that she was a part of it based on her May contributions of saws (when they had already been working with power tools and were very close to an actual escape plan).

On some level, I feel for her because she has been so duped. She has been so used, abused and humiliated. But, at the end of the day, she is a grown woman who is responsible for her actions and I hope she gets the full sentence with Lyle waiting at the gate when she is released!

"Dog" is currently on CNN talking about how he helped with the search and giving information on the details that Sweat is sharing...

I agree with all you say. Let me just say, tho, it may be the meds he's on that are allowing him to leak like a volcano. When I was in the hospital a few years ago for a cracked rib and pneumonia, they had me on Percocet and when it kicked in, I was happy, happy, happy and full of love, peace and happiness for everyone; anything anyone wanted me to do, I was in. I suspect maybe if he's on something like that, he's just feeling mellow and willing to talk...maybe more so than he would be if he were in a "normal" state without medication.

(BTW...I can see how people get addicted to stuff like Percocet. When my subscription ran out, after I'd been released from the hospital, I was kind of sad!)

Of course...Sweat does have incentive to talk to avoid the maximum amount of solitary that faces him in his next facility.

I agree with drugs giving him the "courage" and "gift of gab" as he lay in the hospital. But, his overinflated sense of self is more than pain-killers.

Yes, I agree he might be avoiding extra time in solitary but I also think some of that bargaining should really be about the truth. The issue of no power tools and no help just feels not true.

On Percocet, I am very happy as well (and, sad when I don't need it anymore). So, I can only imagine that Sweat is a good time guy at this point.

Right on, Kaen! I'm with you all the way.

I also suspect the attention both Matt and Sweat paid to her was all part of the master plan to help them with the escape plan. Sweat admitted today that they started planning this back in January...but could they have really been planning this back in 2013 when they were both having physical relations with her? She was a fool; I imagine Matt and Sweat both had a lot of laughs at her expense.

Right on, Kaen! I'm with you all the way.

I also suspect the attention both Matt and Sweat paid to her was all part of the master plan to help them with the escape plan. Sweat admitted today that they started planning this back in January...but could they have really been planning this back in 2013 when they were both having physical relations with her? She was a fool; I imagine Matt and Sweat both had a lot of laughs at her expense.

I believe Sweat is lying about the time frame. I think it was longer. They groomed her --she asked that they be moved to side-by-side cells, was intimate with Sweat, then both of them, and curried favor for them by giving the guards baked goods.

Now, the guards knew that she was getting favors for them but never intervened, either. In fact, the woman who filed a grievance about Tillie's relationship didn't get back up from the guards who could have disclosed the favors she was seeking for these guys. She was humiliated by them as well.

"Dog" is currently on CNN talking about how he helped with the search and giving information on the details that Sweat is sharing...

oh puhleeese! The guy is just a publicity seeking junkie. :notgood:

Seriously, what did he bring to the table in this search? This must be so infuriating for NY LE.

"But a former FBI assistant director cast doubt on the plan that Sweat described to investigators.

Chris Swecker said he doubts Sweat and Matt really intended to kill Mitchell's husband and then drive with her to Mexico.

"I don't think they'd take the time to go divert to her house just to kill her husband, and I'm not sure why they would want to do that. That just wastes time," Swecker told CNN's "New Day."

And he said Mitchell's failure to pick up the escapees at the manhole likely saved her life.

"They would have had no use for her whatsoever," he said. "They used her, and they would have tossed her out right away. And then she would have been in a very shallow grave within hours.""

http://www.cnn.com/2015/06/30/us/new-york-prison-break/

I'm with this guy. And if Sweat was less than truthful about planning to kill Lyle and living happily ever after with Tillie and Matt in Mexico, what else has he been dishonest about?

I didn't pay attention to what he was saying but they kept asking him questions about Sweat and the search. He seemed to be responding in a way that made him seem involved in the search and what "they" were doing to capture the men. I couldn't find anything on their website but maybe the interview will come out later.....ha

I don't think he "did" anything except show up when the men were still on the run and was trying to get involved so it would look like he was able to catch them? I'm not exactly sure.

I know they planned to meet Tillie at the power plant but did they share with her exactly how they were getting out? I'm trying to figure out if she knew the ENTIRE escape plan or just that they would meet her. I would think she may not have known "how's" of their plan because she could have blown the whistle on them if she had too much time to think about it. I don't think they would have taken that chance.I wonder at what point they told her "GO DAY" was because if they did a trial run they themselves wouldn't have known until they were sure they had their way out.

@nalinashapiro4: I just spoke with Richard Matt's son Nick Harris. He says he will claim his father's body. He says his father's death was wrongful.
[video=twitter;616048720828833792]https://twitter.com/nalinashapiro4/status/616048720828833792[/video]

@nalinashapiro4: I just spoke with Richard Matt's son Nick Harris. He says he will claim his father's body. He says his father's death was wrongful.
[video=twitter;616048720828833792]https://twitter.com/nalinashapiro4/status/616048720828833792[/video]

Great. I am biting my tongue

Maybe I would feel the same if my dad took three bullets to the head. :-(

I am saving the wrongfulness for the 75 year old man who was brutally tortured

I feel for his son in the worst way. I don't think the death was wrongful but if he was my father I would probably feel like losing him was not justified. What a burden to have as a child, adult or otherwise.

Hi all! It has been a long time since I've been on the site but this case was intriguing and I really hope to hear more details. My thoughts:
1) they needed hacksaw blades so evidently they already had the hacksaw probably from the tool box. Once the blade on it became dull, they needed to get more of them
2) I could be wrong but it seems like I remember reading that she wanted to hire them to kill husband - her idea completely.
3) call me naive but I think Matt was evil beyond redemption (drugs, alcohol and a bad temper don't go well together). And I honestly think he derived some sort of enjoyment in killing. I don't think Sweat was mean-spirited. I believe he just wanted out of prison and to disappear. Not that he wouldn't shoot someone in a panic if he was confronted and felt he might get shot - again.
Just some random thoughts I had regarding the case.

“He said he made it up to the roof of the prison and got shot in the shoulder,” he said. “He pulled down his shirt and showed us the bullet wound. This guy has bullet holes on his body.
He’s been shot like nine times. It’s like they can’t kill him.”

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...ichard-matt-genius-criminal-article-1.2254781

If I had read that as an officer I'd be awfully nervous about one bullet being enough. :twocents:
I really hope this isn't going to lead to a wrongful death lawsuit...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
saiyasofya