NY - Captured, escaped convicted killers, David Sweat & Richard Matt, Dannemora #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Glad to read that the 'dishonor block' has been closed.

Of course these allegations need to be investigated but maybe Prisoners are just pizzed all their perks are gone.

Matt did respond to the orders: by aiming his rifle at an agent, prob the one who shot him dead.

No one can dispute whether or not Matt aimed the gun. CNN Ashleigh Banfield just read that same statement, but left out the part where it was said he was found lying down. Why spin? JMO Please REPORT the story, don't CREATE it. GRRRR

Sooo if he was laying down behind a tree, maybe he wasn't even alive at the time, since he didn't respond to their orders. Hmmm...Hmm...

I've played allot of paintball and can't tell you how many players I've sniped from a similar ambush position. I don't think anyone would walk up close enough to determine his health at the time.

Of course these allegations need to be investigated but maybe Prisoners are just pizzed all their perks are gone.

One thing we can guarantee. The inmates AND some of the COs are really pizzed off. Perks are gone.

Some are pizzed at Tilly. Some at Palmer. Some at Matt + Sweat. Some at all of them.

-No more rigging electric to their cells
-No more hamburger dinners hand delivered to cells
-No more Heroin for whoever was enjoying that
-No more simple polite bed checks where flashlight doesnt go at them while sleeping.

One thing we can guarantee. The inmates AND some of the COs are really pizzed off. Perks are gone.

Some are pizzed at Tilly. Some at Palmer. Some at Matt + Sweat. Some at all of them.

-No more rigging electric to their cells
-No more hamburger dinners hand delivered to cells
-No more Heroin for whoever was enjoying that
-No more simple polite bed checks where flashlight doesnt go at them while sleeping.

I hear ya. Kinda makes it sound like Prison now :jail:

I hear ya. Kinda makes it sound like Prison now :jail:

LOL Yeah, like it should have been all along.

You can just imagine the tension now at that prison. And especially the tension between guards and prisoners. Its going to take a long time before things settle down.

Lets hope there is not a prison riot or something.

A few bad apples in the crowd causing chaos for everyone.

<snip>

The agents on the team, known as BORTAC, entered the woods at 3:45 p.m.

"One of the agents came up on an individual who was lying down behind a fallen tree," Border Patrol spokesman Kris Grogan wrote Thursday in an email to the Burlington Free Press.

"Agents verbally ordered the individual to put his hands up. An agent observed the individual fail to comply with the verbal commands and aim what was determined to be a 20-gauge shotgun at him. The agent discharged his service-issued M-4, striking the individual, who died at the scene."

http://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/.../border-patrol-killing-richard-matt/29617141/

Both shootings of the inmates/escapees were justified

"The M4 has selective fire options including semi-automatic and three-round burst (like the M16A2 and M16A4), while the M4A1 has the capability to fire fully automatic instead of three-round burst (like the M16A1 and M16A3)." https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/M4_carbine

There's the three shots to the head. JMO

Should Joyce be charged with attempted murder? my opinion is HELL YA!

If there is indeed a heroin addiction problem in that clink, they have a bunch of withdrawal cases to deal with. ICK. JMO

Perhaps cameras thru all Prisons would help as well. People behave better when they know they are being watched. Speaking to the staff that is. It does protect the staff as well as a prisoner from say an abuse allegation etc. etc. No more sleeping on the job, passing food, paintings, sex. Oh and lights on 24/7. How many of us have fallen asleep with a light on. I survived LOL

Sooo if he was laying down behind a tree, maybe he wasn't even alive at the time, since he didn't respond to their orders. Hmmm...Hmm...
Cause of death, according to the preliminary autopsy, was severe skull fractures and brain injury due to gunshot wounds to the head.

He also reportedly coughed, which gave away his location, prior to being shot.

So happy no innocents were harmed in this. I caught briefly on CNN of the changes now in place at the Prison. Ya know the one's that should have been enforced prior and avoided this whole mess. If I find a link I will post.

Yeah, Cuomo and Annucci would like the general public to believe they put these 'changes' in place lol. Truth is, and not just in Clinton, these 'changes' were always in place, until the past few years when Cuomo ordered cut backs due to budget.

In fact, a week before this escape, there were 50+ inmates fighting in the yard, Cuomo denied request for lock down and prison wide frisk. BTW, he also stopped cat-walk duty years ago.

Yes the cough thanks for that reminder Greater Than. I do remember also a report LE could smell alcohol. Sounds like he was in rough shape. He had already fired a shot at that camper. I wonder if he was sick,drunk and just wanted to end it. Thankfully nobody was hurt. Nobody innocent that is.

Actually, Matt was sentenced 25 - life. Sweat, sentenced to life. If NYS had the death penalty, Sweat would have been sentenced to death for killing a cop.

Also, there will always be discrepancy, never will you learn the details. Least not for next few decades.

Yes, Matt was sentenced 25 to life. But given the haniousness of his crime, it's probably safe to assume he would have never been paroled. He was a lifer IMO.

At the time Sweat murdered the cop, NYS did indeed have the death penalty. Because he did not want to risk a trial with the possibility of being sentenced to death, he agreed to plead guilty in order to receive a life sentence.

Honor block inmates, with the exception of Matt and Sweat, were already pissed off before the escape, hence the fighting in the yard a week before. Cuomo and Annucci denied a lock down and a prison wide frisk. JMO, of course.

And maybe pissing them off by taking luxuries away is one of the tactics being used to get them to talk. I don't doubt that those perks are gone for good regardless, but the inmates may not know that.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back