Found Deceased NY - Casie Weese, 37, husband says she walked away after they had flat tire, Apalachin, 1 Mar 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Casie Weese, 37, of Glen Aubrey, was last seen leaving a party with her husband at about 1:30 a.m. in Apalachin, a small hamlet west of Binghamton in Tioga County.

After they left the party, their vehicle got a flat tire a short distance away, state police said. Weese was last seen walking away from the vehicle, heading east on Main Street in Apalachin, troopers said.

Weese is 5-foot, 5 inches, and 100 pounds. She has brown hair and brown eyes.

Early Sunday, she was wearing a black and white checkered jacket, jeans and black boots, state police said.

Upstate NY woman disappears after leaving party with husband

New York State Police

Lots of negative posts from random Facebook experts. Daughter is supportive of the father and wants to find Casie.

ETA- Main Street is Appalchian NY is mostly residential. There is one hotel in the area, and 2 bars within a mile, the Terrace Tavern and Ransom Steele Tavern (both open til 2AM).

The Susquehanna River is close by, but separated from Applachian by interstate 86.

Attachments

• map.jpg
    map.jpg
    154.3 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
Was she trying to walk back to the party? The article says after a short distance from leaving the party with her husband, they got a flat tire.

It was very cold here in South Jersey Saturday and especially Saturday night. In NY it was even colder, I'm sure. She maybe wanted to stay warm while he was changing the tire? JMO

Was she intoxicated? What did she say to her husband before she started walking away? Was there an argument at any point in the night? I don't think any of these questions have been answered in MSM, so I am just wondering out loud for now.

Was she intoxicated? What did she say to her husband before she started walking away? Was there an argument at any point in the night? I don't think any of these questions have been answered in MSM, so I am just wondering out loud for now.
Lots of comments on FB, on the NY State Police report. All not verified and frankly some contradictory of others. I hope it's ok to mention this because I think it's important and came from her daughter. Daughter stated that Casie has Muscular Dystrophy. How that plays into her walking away from a flat tire at 2am, not sure. But it's a piece of info about her. JMO

Lots of comments on FB, on the NY State Police report. All not verified and frankly some contradictory of others. I hope it's ok to mention this because I think it's important and came from her daughter. Daughter stated that Casie has Muscular Dystrophy. How that plays into her walking away from a flat tire at 2am, not sure. But it's a piece of info about her. JMO

I am sure every person is different, but what I have seen of MD is that it's a very rough disease. Like you mentioned upthread, this weekend was very cold. I really hope she is okay.

I am sure every person is different, but what I have seen of MD is that it's a very rough disease. Like you mentioned upthread, this weekend was very cold. I really hope she is okay.
There are many types of muscular dytrophies that vary in severity. There are also differences in progression by age and sex. It doesn't necessarily mean that she couldn't walk for many miles in the cold, however, I think there is a reason the daughter mentioned it. The daughter appears to have mentioned it because some had commented that she looked gaunt and perhaps was into drugs. Limb-Girdle MD might leave her looking like that for example.

Last edited:
Weese and her husband were about 20 miles from their home when she went missing. The party was in Apalachin, in the Tioga County town of Owego; their home in Glen Aubrey is a hamlet in the Broome County town of Nanticoke.

State police and family members -- including her husband RW -- have posted on social media asking anyone who has seen or heard from Casie Weese to let them know.

“Casie if u can see this let people know u are ok. love u miss u deeply,” Ronnie Weese wrote on Facebook Sunday afternoon.

An hour later, he wrote this message: “It’s getting dark out and my wife still isn’t around starting to get really worried."

He continued to post messages throughout the night, including “Casie Weese hope u make it home safe tonight love u” and “God please help me I need my wife with me casie come home please. love u.”

Upstate NY woman disappears after leaving party with husband

New York State Police

Lots of negative posts from random Facebook experts. Daughter is supportive of the father and wants to find Casie.

ETA- Main Street is Appalchian NY is mostly residential. There is one hotel in the area, and 2 bars within a mile, the Terrace Tavern and Ransom Steele Tavern (both open til 2AM).

The Susquehanna River is close by, but separated from Applachian by interstate 86.
Link to Casie's post on the New York State Police FB page:

New York State Police

"New York State Police
Yesterday at 9:36 PM ·
Troop C: Have you seen this woman? Casie Weese, age 37 of Glen Aubrey was last seen leaving a party in Apalachin with her husband at approximately 1:30 a.m. Sunday. Their vehicle got a flat tire a short distance away from the party and Weese was last seen walking east on Main Street in Apalachin. Weese is 5'5" and 100 pounds with brown hair and brown eyes. She was wearing a black and white checkered jacket, jeans and black boots. Please call 911 or SP Owego at (607)687-3961 if you've seen her."

upload_2020-3-2_21-57-55.png

The comments on Casie's missing post are getting quite adversarial.

Did I miss this? Who reported her missing? And when?

Link to Casie's post on the New York State Police FB page:

New York State Police

"New York State Police
Yesterday at 9:36 PM ·
Troop C: Have you seen this woman? Casie Weese, age 37 of Glen Aubrey was last seen leaving a party in Apalachin with her husband at approximately 1:30 a.m. Sunday. Their vehicle got a flat tire a short distance away from the party and Weese was last seen walking east on Main Street in Apalachin. Weese is 5'5" and 100 pounds with brown hair and brown eyes. She was wearing a black and white checkered jacket, jeans and black boots. Please call 911 or SP Owego at (607)687-3961 if you've seen her."

View attachment 235822

The comments on Casie's missing post are getting quite adversarial.

IMO, this information should be posted on local LE sites and not the New York State police site. There is no evidence or suspicion that she traveled anywhere. The broad net of the State Police site is just accessing hordes of internet a-holes that will convict the husband on-line, facts unseen. There are over 1000 comments, 99% not useful.

IMO, this information should be posted on local LE sites and not the New York State police site. There is no evidence or suspicion that she traveled anywhere. The broad net of the State Police site is just accessing hordes of internet a-holes that will convict the husband on-line, facts unseen. There are over 1000 comments, 99% not useful.

the troopers are the investigating agency so I don’t see why it wouldn’t be posted on their page. I am sure those types of comments would be on the county sheriffs page too. Jmo

more info:

The couple left the party in their car and started driving east on Main Street. They only traveled a short distance when their car broke down on Main Street from a flat tire, the trooper said.

When state police interviewed Casie’s husband, Ronnie Weese, troopers said they saw a spare tire on the car. They also said Ronnie Weese has been cooperating with the investigation. He told state police how he asked his daughter to call 911 to report her mother missing after she did not return home later Sunday, and how he and Casie had had a disagreement before she walked away hours earlier.

“They had some sort of disagreement and she walked away on foot,” the trooper said.

Casie Weese was last seen walking east on Main Street, away from the car and away from the party they had just left, the trooper said. State police do not know exactly where on Main Street the car broke down, but they believe it may have been just east of a bridge near Apalachin Creek.

State police did not say what the couple was arguing about or whether they had been drinking alcohol at the party before Casie Weese disappeared.

"I can’t speak intellectually to their level of intoxication,” State police Zone 3 Commander Capt. Erik Dauber said.

“We don’t know what her state was,” Dembinska added.

Dembinska said “there’s a lot of speculation” as to why Casie Weese disappeared, but state police are still trying to iron out all the facts.

New York State Forest Rangers will join the search efforts Tuesday morning.

Search continues for missing Upstate New York woman

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhernan1215
Back