NY NY - Craig Frear, 17, Scotia, 27 June 2004

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

sniped from the above article

How does a popular, athletic 17-year-old with red hair and dimples and plans to attend college and become a teacher appear to just fall off the face of the earth?

There's no indication Craig has been using his Social Security number, no suggestion he's living under an assumed name and no physical evidence to point toward foul play, an accident or suicide.

Here are the facts we do know: On the day of his disappearance, Craig's mother had gone to see him at Price Chopper, where he held a part-time job. She was surprised to find her son wasn't there. He had stopped showing up to work, she was told, and when she called Craig to ask why, he promised he'd be home to talk about it. But instead, he went to the Cambridge Manor apartment of a girl he'd been seeing. He left her apartment around 2 p.m. Two children reported seeing Craig walk toward the woods, leaving his car behind. When he spotted them, he lifted his finger to his mouth, as if to say, "Shhh." Twelve hours later, after his family frantically searched the village, he was reported missing.

Two children reported seeing Craig walk toward the woods, leaving his car behind. When he spotted them, he lifted his finger to his mouth, as if to say, "Shhh."

This gives me the chills...
I think he either took his own life or started a new life somewhere else. Possibly suicide though.

This gives me the chills...
I think he either took his own life or started a new life somewhere else. Possibly suicide though.

I just keep thinking that if he committed suicide they would have found his remains by now. Why would he tell them "Shhh"? Does anyone know if the kids said he had anything with him? I wonder if he knew someone was back there possibly waiting for him?

Craig Frear
images

Police schedule canine search for man missing for a decade -

Read More at: http://www.cbs6albany.com/news/feat...-canine-search-man-missing-decade-15421.shtml

how did he just vanish? he was 17 wouldnt he have taken his car where ever he wanted to start over? also if he would have went to another place to start over on the train wouldnt he have been caught on camera at any point?

this case is fustrating because there isnt enough information and some people are hiding information.

Bumping for Craig. I really hope he DID take off for a new life - but I fear that he is dead, somewhere in those woods.

I agree, Simply Caustic. I do believe Craig is deceased and somewhere in the woods sadly.

Wouldn't he be skeletal by now? It's been 10 years. The article says very decomposed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would think he would be skeletal by now but someone on FB suggested maybe the sediment helped to preserve the body somehow. Anyone know if that would be possible?

Snipped from above article:

The family of Craig Frear is asking that volunteers continue to search areas near Cambridge Manor, the railroad tracks and public lands in Scotia, Glenville and Rotterdam Junction, as well as their own properties. Frear was last seen wearing blue jeans, a white T-shirt, sneakers and a gold chain with a Saint Christopher medal.

Anyone with information is asked to call State Police at 783-3210 or 630-1700.

http://www.dailygazette.com/news/2014/nov/07/police-hope-identify-body-found-glenville-today/

The proximity had them thinking of Craig, he said, but the passage of so much time, as well as the numerous previous searches in that area that turned up nothing, make it unlikely the remains are those of his brother, Frear said. He did not know for certain, though, if the culvert had ever been checked.

“The family is together,” he said, “and we’re praying and hoping.

“We don’t even know, honest to God, what we’re praying for. If it’s not my brother, then it’s somebody else’s family member.”

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cassie.ryan18
Back