GUILTY NY - DM, 6, & FM, 12, Huevelton, 13 August 2014 - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Amish are pragmatic people. I wonder if they will alter the ordnung now so that they take pictures of kids once a year or so at school and just don't view them or print them unless they need them for an emergency. They often allow technology outside the home for the sake of business or safety.

The Amish are pragmatic people. I wonder if they will alter the ordnung now so that they take pictures of kids once a year or so at school and just don't view them or print them unless they need them for an emergency. They often allow technology outside the home for the sake of business or safety.

I would hope that they make changes such as you have suggested.

Happy and a little surprised the girls were found, "Yes Virginia, there is a Santa Claus"!

"F and D were reunited with their parents Thursday evening, reported WWNY TV.

The station said the two girls were abducted by two men, who earlier this evening took them to a home and left them there, telling the girls not to leave.

Instead, the girls went looking for help, and within a short time a nearby homeowner recognized them as the missing girls and brought them home".

http://www.cornwallseawaynews.com/N...-St.-Lawrence-County,-Amish-family-reunited/1

They know where the house is. fingerprints? DNA?

It's my bet that they credit God rather than any rendering of their child for their children's escape. :) I doubt they'll change their convictions based on this kidnapping (though we might wish they'd consider it).

Perps should have to pay search costs. imo

http://www.syracuse.com/news/index.ssf/2014/08/2_amish_girls_feared_abducted_in_ny_found_safe.html
"The search continues for the men who abducted the girls. Investigators still do not have a license plate number, Rain said.

The girls are being questioned by an investigator from the FBI and a sheriff's investigator, said Rain.
"
"I can't wait until they arrest these people, if there's more than one, because I would love an opportunity to prosecute them," she said.

OMG. YESSSSSSSSS...we needed a happy ending on this one. :great: :great: :dance: :dance: :great: :great:

I REALLY hope that they find, arrest, and prosecute them to the FULL extent of the law, because next time, I doubt these perps will make any 'mistakes' and it will end differently. I'm not trying to be a downer, but I hope that they do not get off lightly. It seems to be recurring theme that so many of these predators have previous convictions for kidnapping / attempted kidnapping and then end up murdering. So, I hope you guys have some tight laws in NY state!

I would hope that they make changes such as you have suggested.

I know they installed phones in the New Hope School (the school that replaced the Nickel Mines school)

Since the prohibition on photography is largely about vanity and individuality, if a bishop wanted to alter the ordnung to allow for pictures to be taken and stored for an emergency, I suspect many Amish communities would be ok with that.

I believe the community these girls are from is Swartzentruber Amish, which are one of the more conservative subgroups of the Amish, more so than even the average Old Order Amish, so this idea may not fly with them.

Sounds like a perfectly reasonable solution should an emergency such as this ever arise again. Hopefully it was a once and only!

I am wondering if these creeps just let the girls go? Why would they put them ibn a house and say "dont leave' without tying them up or locking them up? Sounds to me like they were purposely releasing them. Hopefully because of the publicity?

They do need to be caught though. I am sure they wont stop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member