GUILTY NY - DM, 6, & FM, 12, Huevelton, 13 August 2014 - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am so relieved. I live in upstate NY and this is a couple hours north of me. I have followed a couple abductions on this site before and they all have ended very badly, or gone unsolved. I am soooo glad they are ok.

I was thinking of the movie "Without A Trace" with Kate Nelligan

so happy they are safe and thankful these guys were complete idiots.

I hope these little girls weren't harmed physically and thankful they were found alive.

From the link:

"Last night, all day today and into tonight, a massive search effort and investigation was underway, centered in Heuvelton. Authorities believed they were abducted by someone in a small, white, four door car, but Friot reported Thursday night the authorities are looking for a red Dodge Caliber. Additionally, he reports authorities believe one man was wearing a toque."

I missed the change to a red car also.

So, a Toque is a knit beanie basically. Interesting term, I've never heard it. Is that the term the Amish use for it or is it regional?

Canadians use that term. I thought it was universal. Teens wear them all the time. But, I thought toques would be a bit warm this time of year. What do you call the head cover of skiers? We call them toques.

So, a Toque is a knit beanie basically. Interesting term, I've never heard it. Is that the term the Amish use for it or is it regional?

I hadn't heard of it either. Seems it is French, popular term in Canada. Any Canadians here?

I literally just read of this case on CNN, came to WS, looked up the thread and it was changed to FOUND SAFE.

I had visions of this being an Elizabeth and Lyric scenario. Thank-God it wasn't.

Now who took them and why?

So glad these girls escaped home.

I hadn't heard of it either. Seems it is French, popular term in Canada. Any Canadians here?

A toque is a toque, lol.

Yes, we Canadians use the term all the time, the english ones as well.

We all wear our toques in winter, to keep us warm. It's simply another name for a hat. Yes, a knit hat to keep you warm. I would say most Canadians own a toque.

HTH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member