GUILTY NY - DM, 6, & FM, 12, Huevelton, 13 August 2014 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No arrest? This didn't sound like perps who are too wise and will be evading LE for too long.

I thought it was odd too. Was he Amish as well ? maybe he didn't have a phone and maybe if he was Amish he wanted to contact the parents before LE.

I assumed that he brought them back in a car...totally an assumption based on the distance and that nothing different was reported. Are there Amish that drive cars but disagree with phones?

Just found out the amazing news of the girls safe return!! Happy Dance!!!

I assumed that he brought them back in a car...totally an assumption based on the distance and that nothing different was reported. Are there Amish that drive cars but disagree with phones?

Good point. I think if he was Amish and didn't have a phone - you are right in that he wouldn't have a car. I didn't think about the distance . I don't know why he wouldn't call police but maybe the girls were upset and urged him to just bring them home. I personally would have called police for fear the perps were following them.

He may have reacted differently than I by wanting to get out of the area in case the perps came looking and figured the girls local police would be close by when he dropped them off.

I think we will hear something today. They may be questioning the owner of the house and others but I agree - I think an arrest will be easy with his one .....hopefully.

I am so glad they were released. This one made my heart hurt. I grew to love the Amish people in Elkhart, IN. I too wish they would have pics taken and maybe put them in sealed boxes at their churches.

I am so glad they were released. This one made my heart hurt. I grew to love the Amish people in Elkhart, IN. I too wish they would have pics taken and maybe put them in sealed boxes at their churches.
I lived in Elkhart for a year when I was a child, we used to love it when the horse and buggies passed by our house.

Maybe he's Mennonite. I know they drive, but it stills seems odd that someone would drive them home instead of calling 911.

http://www.syracuse.com/news/index....uction_case_authorities_mum_this_morning.html

"HEUVELTON, N.Y. -- The St. Lawrence County sheriff was expected to hold a 9 a.m. news conference to provide an update about the investigation of the abduction of two Amish girls, but that has not happened yet.

It's unclear when, or if, a news conference will be held.

Investigators seem fatigued, but intense as they came and went from the command center set up at a fire station.

Syracuse.com reporter Dave Tobin and photographer Ellen Blalock are in Heuvelton. They will provide a report as soon as new details are available".

I wish that they would definitively put out BOLOs for the exact cars they are looking for. I am driving that direction on the back roads today and would be able to look out for the cars.

I think the guy who took them back to their house is not Amish or Mennonite; this article refers to him as an a small engine repairman. I did a little Googling and he has a snowmobile repair place as well as a Facebook page.

Is it wrong that I laughed out loud when I read the hair cutting, Amish bishop's name is Mullet?! :giggle:

LOL! Did not notice that name, should have worn my "thinking tuque"!

"We have the sheriff's department and the FBI speaking with the young ladies," Rain said, while noting that the Amish are a "very private people."
"I can't wait until they arrest these people, if there's more than one, because I would love an opportunity to prosecute them," she said.
After the initial interviews with investigators, the girls were being examined at a local hospital, WWNY said.

[...]

Word of the girls' return came shortly after about 200 people attended a prayer vigil at Cornerstone Wesleyan Church in nearby Heuvelton. They sang "Amazing Grace" and "This Little Light of Mine," read psalms and called children to the altar for a round of prayers.
Dot Simmons, a member of the congregation and neighbor of the Miller family, said despair turned to joy when she returned home from the vigil to word that the girls were safe.
She and her husband got a call saying that police scanner calls were reporting the unexpected outcome and they drove next door to find an ambulance and one of the Millers' older sons sharing the good news.
At the nearby police command post, authorities weren't releasing any information, but the subdued atmosphere had given way to law enforcement officers exchanging smiles and high-fives.
There was "a great sense of elation" among dozens of firefighters, emergency personnel and police officials over the girls' safe return, reports WWNY. One called it a "miracle."

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/missing-amish-girls-found-alive-authorities-say/

Still smiling this morning over this happy news. Can you imagine the elation that LE must feel, going from planned dive teams and canine searches to suddenly hearing about those two little gals wet and cold in their Amish bonnets and dresses, knocking on someone's door to help them get home?

I think we will hear something today. They may be questioning the owner of the house and others but I agree - I think an arrest will be easy with his one .....hopefully.

It should be very easy to find these guys. If the girls were held a couple doors down from JS' house, they should be able to say which house.

Why didnt he he call the police, if not at his home, en route? Why didn't he drive to the nearest police station?

Maybe he's Mennonite. I know they drive, but it stills seems odd that someone would drive them home instead of calling 911.

Maybe he didn't want LE to descend on his house and tip off the perps that could see it from their house? Just guessing out loud. Or maybe the girls, in their naivety, thought they could get a ride home , end of story and no more fuss.

Still smiling this morning over this happy news. Can you imagine the elation that LE must feel, going from planned dive teams and canine searches to suddenly hearing about those two little gals wet and cold in their Amish bonnets and dresses, knocking on someone's door to help them get home?

Thank you for that article!

Is is there a mistake? It says the girls were dropped off by two men.

eta: Nevermind. I see my
mistake!

Interesting article; not the same one being circulated. Gives some different details and a bit more of the background of the Amish community there, and neighbors' responses to the abduction.

The search ran into problems early on because there was no picture of D or F; photography is forbidden in the Old Order Amish community. The police persuaded the family to work with an artist who spoke their language, Pennsylvania Dutch, and the family agreed to the release of a sketch of the older daughter.
[...]
When the family discovered that the girls were missing, it had to go to the house of a neighbor — a person they referred to as “English,” meaning not Amish — and ask someone to call 911.

The police said they got that call shortly after 7 p.m. Wednesday.

But even after the call for help went out, the authorities were delayed in distributing a wide-scale alert because the county government’s email system was down, Ms. Rain said.
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/08/15/n...ials-hunt-for-2-missing-amish-girls.html?_r=0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966