GUILTY NY - DM, 6, & FM, 12, Huevelton, 13 August 2014 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
(duh, sometimes I am soooo stupid----earlier I said maybe a neighbor or witness described the red car---well duh, maybe the girls gave them a description too :blushing:)

Yeah I would not assume they are unharmed just because they were at home so quickly.
The guy who found them returned them home... and odds are they would not have an exam anyway.
So I don't think we will really know what happened in this case. :twocents:

I think these abductors are local and young. I still feel like the lack of a struggle or screaming by the girls when they were first abducted may indicate they knew them. At first, it seemed like a well thought out plan but the twist of events makes me wonder if it really was.

The most important thing in all this isn't the fact that we can go to bed tonight with a smile on our face, but those 2 angels can as well, safe and sound in their own beds :loveyou:

Well when I heard toque...I pictures a chef's hat!! figured maybe someone forgot to take it off from work! the ski caps that you all are describing are often worn by teenagers in the summer in my area. Are there any nearby colleges? this whole thing sounds like some sort of sick prank or mean spirited attack on the Amish.

and just a piece of info on the family...from an article...13 children!!!!

"The girls are among the youngest of Mand B Miller's 13 children, who range in age from 1 to 21 years, Simmons said."

...and so much for not being up late. i slept a bit but my adrenaline must be high from all the excitement

wow 13 kids!!

there's some interesting possible info downstairs re: one of the perps

This was a pretty strange incident that resulted in jail time..

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/...ger-amish-beard-cutting-attack_n_1863467.html
bbm.

"CLEVELAND (RNS) Law officers testified Wednesday (Sept. 5) about the chaotic and bizarre scene they discovered the night of Oct. 4, 2011, when they arrived at the Holmes County, Ohio, home of Raymond Hershberger, a 79-year-old Amish bishop.

The officers recalled that clumps of gray hair lay on a rocking chair and on the floor of the living room, and a crowd of people were crying and yelling in Pennsylvania Dutch, their first language.

Hershberger's son, Levi, told the officers that "Some guys broke in and gave Grandpa a bad haircut," a Sheriff's Department detective said.

The testimony opened the second week of the hate-crime trial of Amish bishop Samuel Mullet Sr. and 15 of his followers. They are accused of conspiracy and kidnapping in what prosecutors describe as hair-cutting attacks on nine religious enemies and estranged family members."

Is it wrong that I laughed out loud when I read the hair cutting, Amish bishop's name is Mullet?! :giggle:

I am reading up on Rumspringa (link below )....could the two males have been Amish going thru Rumspringa?

"Some Amish, particularly boys, may acquire a driver’s license and a vehicle during this time, which they might park at their parents’ home."

http://amishamerica.com/what-is-rumspringa/

I'm probably wrong but maybe it was some sort of dare and they never intended to physically harm them. That would explain leaving the girls alone and just telling them not to leave assuming they would anyway. But unless they were disguised surely they knew they could be identified unless they came over from Canada, thus the toques. (Won't elaborate on those, lol!, as I see while I was out running errands you have covered that pretty thoroughly.) And plus, after all the toque references in the media, I feel pretty safe in saying he took that off by now and put it in a drawer. :laughing:

(duh, sometimes I am soooo stupid----earlier I said maybe a neighbor or witness described the red car---well duh, maybe the girls gave them a description too :blushing:)

LOL - don't feel badly. I was annoyed thinking the original witness must need glasses if s/he thought a red car we white....until sillybilly mentioned the possibility of two cars.

What fantastic news! I am so happy for their family.

As soon as I got up this morning, I came here, found safe. Brill!

I hope the girls got a good look at these men, and they get what they deserve.
See miracles can happen,

Welcome home girls! *advertiser censored*

Oh my goodness, this is the BEST news to wake up to!!!
I did not have a good feeling about this, so glad I was wrong.

my post last night seems to be gone not sure if it was so late and I didn't post correctly or what....
but I did a lot of reading on the topic of Rumspringa. It is quite fascinating and while most adolescents come of age without decadent behavior - there are some pretty wild ones (which the media gravitates towards). Anyway , here is one of the articles I read and I believe the two boys pictures are wearing toques(?).

my theory is that perhaps the abductors were Amish and maybe their judgement was impaired and they later panicked.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2014/04/23/gospel-singing-kidnapping/8042195/

sorry if this is repetitive - I didn't see my post. there is also another article that is up thread about how some boys get cars....

I am hoping this was abduction was part of Rumspringa and lack of good judgement - and no physical harm was done.

Does anyone else find it odd that the guy drove them home when they showed up at his house? First thing I am doing is calling the police and no way do I take the girls anywhere as it would cast huge suspicion on myself.

This is wonderful news! I was really concerned for these girls.

I'm sorta Canadian. It's toooooooook, like booooooot.

Yeah, but considering how eastern Canadians pronounce "house" -- I'm thinking toque could have different pronunciation depending on which side of the border one is on. And btw, it's been cool the past 2 days here in upstate NY (and probably even cooler up there where the abduction happened), so a toque would be comfortable -- my son just went out in his hoodie.

I'm so pleased the girls have been found. :)

I was surprised to read this...

Merriam Webster told me personally that toque rhymes with bloke...

soo... Maybe Merriam Webster should talk to some Canadians....? :D

:canada:

..because bloke is a word I use daily. :D British slang for man/guy. And the pronunciation they suggest for toque is exactly how I was reading it in my head, although it appears that's wrong!

Does anyone else find it odd that the guy drove them home when they showed up at his house? First thing I am doing is calling the police and no way do I take the girls anywhere as it would cast huge suspicion on myself.

Maybe he doesn't have a phone - could be someone local who's not quite so strict Amish, but eschews phones?

I thought it was odd too. Was he Amish as well ? maybe he didn't have a phone and maybe if he was Amish he wanted to contact the parents before LE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966