GUILTY NY - DM, 6, & FM, 12, Huevelton, 13 August 2014 - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What springs to mind for me is Fred and Rosemary West...

Bearing in mind the news of NV's psychology work, I wonder if they were looking for victims who had never been exposed to any of the sexualisation through the media that "modern" children get. These two girl would have been about as "pure" as you can find...

I have no doubt it was for the same reason other perps kidnap young children and there is nothing benign about it. These creeps hopefully will go away for a long long time. They wanted innocent kids, probably made it more exciting for them.

The one worry i have is if they will be able to charge sexual assault bc parents may have refused an exam. On the other hand they may have been waiting to pick up a camera or something and the girls got lucky

I am proud of the parents who went immediately to the English" house to call police or have them called for them so quickly, it seems there was no waiting for a meeting with the bishop etc. Some ultraorthadox amish don't believe in the "English" system of justice.

I have to agree. The quote by the sheriff saying they saved young children from "future abuse" is very telling, IMO.

this makes me wonder if there have been prior attempts...

Or if signs in the home indicated sinister behaviors...

I wonder if this couple were surprised at the instant and thorough response of LE and MSM... So they let these poor girls go?

Just some thoughts...

Breaking News
@BreakingNews

@BreakingNews: Officials: 2 people arrested in Amish missing girls case in St. Lawrence County, NY; press conference set for 8am ET Saturday - @NBCNews

According to his FB, they started their relationship Nov 2012

maybe they "met" (somewhere, somehow) in Nov. 2012.... And moved in together sometime in 2013?

I guess this means the three kids reportedly living at the home have mother(s) other than NV?

The mother(s) must be devastated!!!

JMO

Asking if one was a principal.... He is a nurse, don't know her occupation. But may be worth looking into. Perhaps just someone with the same name? Haven't checked it out. Only saw on his FB that he was working in a wound healing and saw him a scrub top. Otherwise, I just started looking into the case as someone posted it on another case I'm following.

I believe the question referred to the principal (movie character) in the movie "Matilda"...

I think the question was not a serious one... And was meant not to be very complimentary...

JMO...

So sad for the three children of this man (though also good that they are removed from this household). I hope there is good family for them to live with and that they, too, can recover from this.

The manhunt is over. Notice the tired, worn out expressions.

Being a fugitive is draining work. Time for the blame game to begin.

The two suspects, Stephen Howells II, 39, and Nicole Vaisey, 25, were taken into custody and each face two counts of first-degree kidnapping, St. Lawrence County District Attorney Mary Rain said.

Attachments

• amish3.jpg
    amish3.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 277
Nicole V has an abandoned twitter account, she follows Mariska Hargitay and then on her Facebook page the only tv show she has listed under her likes is Law and Order SVU. I know that I'm grasping at straws here, but maybe they had evil intentions and then had second thoughts?

I noticed that the Law & Order episode she posted as liking had to do w/ a missing boy -- and some question about his paternity.

I'm guessing religious and/or political. The FBs of the suspects, and most of their immediate friends and family, have many religious and right-winged posting. Some more vulgar ones as well. My speculation is that the male suspect was wronged on some way recently and this was the payback. NV is 25, he is 39. We see age differences like this a LOT when manipulation is involved.

Actually, in SH's postings, I saw a bit of a blend of both right-wing and left-wing. He does seem to have strong opinions, but not cookie-cutter. I agree about the big age difference with him and NV, and she may have been manipulated into his scheme. On the other hand, she's a really smart, educated young woman with a psychology degree, so she may have possibly been the manipulator in this case. I know I'm going to get boo'd on this one, but I've noticed that a number of people who choose this major seem to be emotionally suffering -- as if they're trying to self-analyze.

What stuck out to me more about SH than his politics or religion is that his children seem to be a high priority for him. I can't wonder if he has full custody or just the every other weekend kind of deal. In which case, he may have felt that his acreage and horses and pool deserved full-time children.

Asking if one was a principal.... He is a nurse, don't know her occupation. But may be worth looking into. Perhaps just someone with the same name? Haven't checked it out. Only saw on his FB that he was working in a wound healing and saw him a scrub top. Otherwise, I just started looking into the case as someone posted it on another case I'm following.

Something that caught me eye on one of his FB postings is that he shared a posting from "one of his former students"

It would appear that since the arraignment was for "intent to physically or sexually abuse", That, I imagine, would be their intent. I am glad they made it safely home. This could have ended very badly.

True -- and the fact that they apparently weren't fed while in captivity (the guy who took them home said he gave them watermelon, and they ate it in 30 seconds) doesn't seem to indicate these creeps were overly concerned about the welfare of the children. I just wonder if they were kidnapped because they were Amish, or if it were just convenient (out at the stand by the road, adults in the barn)?

True -- and the fact that they apparently weren't fed while in captivity (the guy who took them home said he gave them watermelon, and they ate it in 30 seconds) doesn't seem to indicate these creeps were overly concerned about the welfare of the children. I just wonder if they were kidnapped because they were Amish, or if it were just convenient (out at the stand by the road, adults in the barn)?

I thought it was odd the couple that rescued the girls and fed them, returned them to their community instead of calling the cops. Maybe that's just the way they roll around there, I don't like the cops being around either.

I'd have fed them some steak and potatoes though, given 'em a welcome home meal to remember.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member