GUILTY NY - DM, 6, & FM, 12, Huevelton, 13 August 2014 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Wow. This case is beyond weird. I feel like I need to process it. The last 3 cases I've followed have started with seemingly normal people doing evil things.

The posters who suggested drugs were stolen from work. Spot on! IMO.

If NVs lawyer is going with this "poor me/slave" defense, I really hope the prosecutor will bring in BDSM experts.

something tells me NV's history of activity on Fetlife will help the prosecutor in this case...

I imagine (but don't know) that she announced/advertised her choice of being a subservient (sorry... Don't know correct term)...

JMO...

One of the psych courses at Mercyhurst is Psych 253 "Drugs and Human Behavior" which studies "psychopharmacology" -- including effects of stimulants, depressants, opioids, etc.

Good catch, Abigail....:thumb:

SH waived the preliminary hearing and it seems NV and lawyer haven't decided if she will also waive that right. What is the benefit of waiving that hearing??

What a great question, Inthedetails! So glad you asked. I had no idea what the benefits might be to skip the preliminary hearing - and there are a few. Avoiding publicity of nasty details before trial would be a HUGE factor for SH, imho. Hopefully, in the end, it won't matter and he will never be free to harm another child ever again.

http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/when-does-sense-waive-the-preliminary-hearing.html

What a great question, Inthedetails! So glad you asked. I had no idea what the benefits might be to skip the preliminary hearing - and there are a few. Avoiding publicity of nasty details before trial would be a HUGE factor for SH, imho. Hopefully, in the end, it won't matter and he will never be free to harm another child ever again.

http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/when-does-sense-waive-the-preliminary-hearing.html

Muchas gracias! (That's not Pennsylvania Dutch, lol!)

nice article about response of St. Lawrence County Amish to help from "English," and also indicates their willingness to cooperate with and assist law enforcement.
http://www.watertowndailytimes.com/article/20140820/NEWS05/140829952

Levi Zook, an Amish farmer of Connor Road, Potsdam, said the response from outsiders was almost overwhelming.
“We were grateful with how protective the English people were toward the Amish,” Mr. Zook said. “It was amazing how people responded. In some ways we feel safer.”

His brother, Jacob Zook, 33, of Buckton Road, Winthrop, said he was impressed with the local, state and federal law agencies who worked together to find the girls.
“I’m pretty proud of our local law system, how they got in, got on the case and got something done,” he said. “I think they need a big thank you.”
The brothers said neighbors also were helpful in providing updates as the kidnapping situation unfolded. Without telephones or TVs, the Amish often rely on others to provide them with information during emergencies.

Mose Yoder, Route 11B, Potsdam, said one of his neighbors is a member of the Hopkinton Fire Department who volunteered in the search.
“Everybody was upset, Amish and English together. We all realized it could happen to anybody,” said Mr. Yoder, 36. “I had a lot of people stopping at the farm stand to let me know what was happening.”

St. Lawrence County Sheriff Kevin M. Wells said many Amish are providing police with leads to follow as the investigation continues.

I guess they updated the article and it changed the link? Here's the puppy lure article
http://www.watertowndailytimes.com/article/20140819/NEWS05/140818870

Also, more from NV's lawyer: "“She was the submissive one,” Mr. Riendeau said. “I am currently researching on what happens when prisoners of war go through enhanced interrogation. What torture has done to her personality to determine just how compliant she was. Was it really voluntary? Can you really give consent to be tortured?” he said."

Can one consent to be tortured? Well, isn't that what she was doing when she advertised herself on Fetlife?

NV's lawyer is stretching this way too far! btw there's an interesting comment on this article, if it can be believed.......bragging!?

Remember way back when I mentioned the animal sedatives being familiar because of Karla Homolka? Please, please, please, LE , attorneys, anyone who will listen - DO NOT fall for her sob story. DO NOT go soft on this woman. I beg you.

May we just print out your post and enlarged it about 1,000 times and send it to LE and attorneys please? I want to throw up every time I think about her walking free. She killed her own sister. No remorse. And those other beautiful young girls tortured and killed too. I think even death is too good for that monster.

Several of my ancestors were Pennsylvania Dutch. What I've been told is that they were German people who had left Germany and moved to the Netherlands before coming to America. Because they came on a Dutch ship, people here assumed they were Dutch (and the Deutsche just seemed to confirm it for those who knew no German or Dutch.) The Pennsylvania Dutch language is a cross between German and Dutch. MOO since I have no links for it.

Thank you for posting this. I have been told since I was knee-high to a grasshopper that my great-grandmother with Dutch-German. I never asked what this meant ancestor-wise and have always wondered. You have answered my question. Thank you again.

Poor Jaycee! I wish she and Elizabeth Smart could both visit with the girls - though if the girls don't speak English I don't know how much support they could offer them.

You are so correct in how horrible of conditions Jaycee had to live in. Elizabeth's abductor was homeless, IIRC, but one look at him and you knew he was nasty and had serious mental issues. Not sure about AH's abductor's prison and torture chamber, but I'm sure it showed "issues".

I believe the older sister does speak English. The younger is probably due to start learning around age 8.

Those little girls are heroes IMO. No telling how many little ones were saved by their courage. I pray that they will be blessed beyond understanding.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pitbladdo
Back