NY NY - Ellery, Rte 17, WhtFem 30-37, UP15489 193UFNY, GSW, poss from Canada or Europe, note, clothes, Dec'83

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Wow thanks carbuff for all of info sounds really interesting!

One thing that caught my eye in this link with a photo of June's Daughter and June's sister. They Both have raised moles on their faces. (I believe raised moles are hereditary)
I know it's Not mentioned on her missing profile if she had raised moles or not But I thought it was interesting because the UID had raised moles on her face. Unfortunately her photos are not clear enough to tell if she had raised moles either.

Another thing I noticed on the missing profile it says clothing unknown but then in one of your links it says the daughter remembers the clothing she wore. So that made me think maybe June had raised mole but just was not mentioned like the clothing she was wearing.

Below is the link with the photos
Missing woman's daughter wants closure

I gathered from another article that I didn't post that LE might not agree with some of the daughter's recollections.

I think she's a very very likely candidate and ought to be followed up on.

I found an old email about this UP I'd sent to NamUs in Dec. 2016 when the DNA status was:

Sample available-not yet submitted.

Does anyone happen to know if the status had changed before they removed DNA from NamUs? This is the most recent info I have.

I found an old email about this UP I'd sent to NamUs in Dec. 2016 when the DNA status was:

Sample available-not yet submitted.

Does anyone happen to know if the status had changed before they removed DNA from NamUs? This is the most recent info I have.

"This case was added last year to the FBI’s CODIS DNA database and the U.S. Justice Department’s missing person’s NamUs database, after a larger police department in Erie, Penn., re-analyzed the three-decade-old evidence. Despite using the more advanced forensic testing available today, police were still unable to match Jane Doe to any missing persons’ reports or fingerprints in Canada, the U.S. or internationally."
Mysterious New York cold case with Vancouver connection 'almost frozen', police say

Thanks, CCJD. Ironically, my email was sent 2 days after to the last update on that article, so NamUs didn't reflect the update to CODIS yet. I always double checked before I hit send. Of course, I didn't think to check before they removed DNA status info to see if it had changed. Had I known, I probably would have gone through and made note of it with all my pet cases.

Interesting!

My only issue: no idea how to explain the gap between missing and time of death. If she went missing for 5 years while traveling, how could she wear such expensive clothing and be so well cared? How could she get such good dental care while being transiant for 5 years?
Transient lifestyle for 5 years leaves marks on the body the autopsy would had picked up.
I can not reconciliate a transiant lifestyle with an autopsy showing no evidence of such lifestyle for 5 years. IMO, based on this issue, it's not a match

Interesting!

My only issue: no idea how to explain the gap between missing and time of death. If she went missing for 5 years while traveling, how could she wear such expensive clothing and be so well cared? How could she get such good dental care while being transiant for 5 years?
Transient lifestyle for 5 years leaves marks on the body the autopsy would had picked up.
I can not reconciliate a transiant lifestyle with an autopsy showing no evidence of such lifestyle for 5 years. IMO, based on this issue, it's not a match

There are degrees of transience. She wouldn't have to have been living on the street. Perhaps she took minimum wage jobs or worked as a nanny or maid.

Welcome to Ws Margaret_holland, nice to have you here!
The missing person you referenced has been suggested several times on Ws. could not find a thread for her so started one.
Interesting that she apparently gave birth in Canada after she was reported missing.
Brussels (Belgium) Anna Agnes Maria Neeft, 28, 22 July 1982

This is not correct info. On the Dutch Police site there is a little bit different (but more accurate) story.
Ansje was pregnant when she disappeared with her 4-year old son from Brussels. She had given birth in august 1982 in England to a second son. After that nothing has been heard of her and her children. She is possibly staying in England or in Canada.

Anna Agnes Maria Neeft

And how can she get good dental care with a minimum wage job ?
That's my question

There are more options than we usually think of. Many areas offer dental clinics for low-income people. (There's one in my small town this weekend.) Dental schools often provide dental care at a reduced rate so their students can practice. Private practice dentists will sometimes give reduced rates or negotiate a payment plan for care. I've been told that people in upstate New York and New England often go into Canada for dental and medical care, but I don't know whether that's actually possible.

Interesting!

Maybe she was a well paid prostitute during that time period. And all of the posts about dental care of other members. But actually I believe the detective in charge searching in Europe, Canada en USA for a possible match and didn't find any lead. Don't know when they did the search. Still new missing persons are added, going into "the system". This woman most likely fell into or between the cracks.

Thought I'd bring this case back up since it's been on my mind! I lived in the Ellery area at the time and am still somewhat local. The road where she was dropped is unusually desolate for a divided highway, and was moreso in the 80s--she definitely isn't the only body found along there (the gossip is that the Buffalo mob uses the county as a dumping ground). If you were driving down from Canada, you'd probably take 90 South, which meets 17 just outside of Erie PA. Rte 17 is also the most direct route from Erie to NY.

Thought I'd bring this case back up since it's been on my mind! I lived in the Ellery area at the time and am still somewhat local. The road where she was dropped is unusually desolate for a divided highway, and was moreso in the 80s--she definitely isn't the only body found along there (the gossip is that the Buffalo mob uses the county as a dumping ground). If you were driving down from Canada, you'd probably take 90 South, which meets 17 just outside of Erie PA. Rte 17 is also the most direct route from Erie to NY.

The Buffalo mob is an intriguing angle, originated from Italië. They used women in the drug trafficking, wine and roses imported containing drugs. Flying into Canada and then traveling over the border.

Also, for those wondering, that area of New York in the 80s definitely used area code+7 digit phone numbers. Some old people remembered their exchanges, but they were long gone.

Is there any way you could trace back the numbers found on the note?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia
Back