NY NY - Ellery, Rte 17, WhtFem 30-37, UP15489 193UFNY, GSW, poss from Canada or Europe, note, clothes, Dec'83

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
In France, a size 40 is considered medium.

36 is small and 34 is XS (34 in adults is circa a 12yo size in children).

Searched for older missing cases in Germany on duwirstvermisst but could not find anything useful so far.

Searched for older missing cases in Germany on duwirstvermisst but could not find anything useful so far.

Haven't heard anything from Italy yet.

Is there any TV program in Netherlands for missing persons ? (similar to Chi l'ha visto)
Any charity about missing persons in Netherlands ?

What did German charities say about this case ?

Everything about this points to a professional hit to me. I shy away from fantastic theories, but the words "spy" and "espionage" come to mind.

Haven't heard anything from Italy yet.

Is there any TV program in Netherlands for missing persons ? (similar to Chi l'ha visto)
Any charity about missing persons in Netherlands ?

What did German charities say about this case ?

There was a fantastic tv programm about missing persons, but it stopped because of "the money thing" they had a wonderful database which how can I say that; "missing, missing" people. They work together with police now and handed all their files. The files are sadly enough no more availibly on Internet, they closed that too. Everything is checked/is going to be checked again. In the last couple of months the amount of missing people in het police database is growing and growing with help of this files and also the efforts of the Dutch police to find them. Although Im sure there are still missing persons besite the official channels. I know some crimes where no body was found and at least one of them is not on the policesite (maybe a familywish?) We also have a few private missing persons sites on facebook, but they are recent and don't have old missing cases, and also you can not Always be sure of the professionality or integrity so Im relying on the policesite and do checks.

About the German's. I just checked the site. Did not have contact with them.(got a tip about the older cases site of a facebook charity lady)

Just to let you know. I'm new on this, a kind of shy to call out, Im more of an analyst on the background and have to learn more....

The Dutch show is Opsporing Verzocht. http://opsporingverzocht.avrotros.nl. I can contact the program if you want. I am also the member of several Dutch/Belgian missing people groups. I can also contact them.

Opsporing verzocht is not about missing people. It's about al kind of crimes (from robbery to homecide) where they ask the public for help.

We also had Spoorloos, searching for people who lost a family member, searching for their roots (mostly by adoption) it stopped in 2010.

A while we had a wonderful programm trying to find the identity of a couple of "our" Dutch UID's with succes sometimes (hardbreaking), but sadly enough that also stopped.

http://www.uitzendinggemist.net/programmas/338-Vermist.html trough this link we can see all the missing persons programs of the programm "vermist". I could try to get in touch with Jaap Jongbloed, he did this programm and I can not imagine that his heart is still not with this people. I would remember everyone.....like all of us...it gets to your haert.....

Opsporing verzocht is not about missing people. It's about al kind of crimes (from robbery to homecide) where they ask the public for help.

We also had Spoorloos, searching for people who lost a family member, searching for their roots (mostly by adoption) it stopped in 2010.

A while we had a wonderful programm trying to find the identity of a couple of "our" Dutch UID's with succes sometimes (hardbreaking), but sadly enough that also stopped.

http://www.uitzendinggemist.net/programmas/338-Vermist.html trough this link we can see all the missing persons programs of the programm "vermist". I could try to get in touch with Jaap Jongbloed, he did this programm and I can not imagine that his heart is still not with this people. I would remember everyone.....like all of us...it gets to your haert.....

The Program Spoorloos seems to be running again.

Not to be disrespectful, but I realy checked everything there is on this sites....and I could not find anybody matching this Ellery UID lady.
They might not display very old cases on their website. 1983 is considered a very old case.

So, it might worth a shot contacting them

There was a fantastic tv programm about missing persons, but it stopped because of "the money thing" they had a wonderful database which how can I say that; "missing, missing" people. They work together with police now and handed all their files. The files are sadly enough no more availibly on Internet, they closed that too. Everything is checked/is going to be checked again. In the last couple of months the amount of missing people in het police database is growing and growing with help of this files and also the efforts of the Dutch police to find them. Although Im sure there are still missing persons besite the official channels. I know some crimes where no body was found and at least one of them is not on the policesite (maybe a familywish?) We also have a few private missing persons sites on facebook, but they are recent and don't have old missing cases, and also you can not Always be sure of the professionality or integrity so Im relying on the policesite and do checks.

About the German's. I just checked the site. Did not have contact with them.(got a tip about the older cases site of a facebook charity lady)

Just to let you know. I'm new on this, a kind of shy to call out, Im more of an analyst on the background and have to learn more....

You can start by going on the Doe Network, then check in their links. You can be sure that the associations they link are real charities about missing persons.
http://www.doenetwork.org/resources.php

They might not display very old cases on their website. 1983 is considered a very old case.

So, it might worth a shot contacting them

I will do that...but first contact Kaylaraowls...because it does not feel good if she/he is a contact and they will be maybe enoyed if more people ask the same questions.... hahaha Giucy....your not the kind of person waiting around....as I recall you are small...as we say in Dutch "klein maar dapper" and thats a compliment!

I am not the on point person of this case. Anyone can contact whomever they want to, but if we post who we are contacting here it should avoid anyone contacting the same people.

You are correct, Bit of Hope, I knew that "Spoorloos" had stopped by the time I had moved from the Netherlands, but I thought if opsporing verzocht was still running they might be interested in the case. For some reason I thought there was another program called Vermist en Gezocht but when I googled it, it came up the program I posted. :) In any case, I think that having the case shown on Dutch, Belgian, and German television might be helpful if she is originally from Europe.

She is quite short for a person from those countries. I only ran into adults that size (which is my size) in Limburg, NL and even then, most of them were elderly.

I will do that...but first contact Kaylaraowls...because it does not feel good if she/he is a contact and they will be maybe enoyed if more people ask the same questions....
This is the very reason why we dispatch whom contacts whom in this thread : otherwise, a umpteenth number of people will contact them asking the same questions.
If "X contact Z and Y contact S", each person who had news from Z and S can post the answers here, thus avoiding doing the same task over and over because of miscommunication.

hahaha Giucy....your not the kind of person waiting around....
Mom tells me the very same thing. My GP told me that it's very ADHD (which I was diagnosed with) ;)

as I recall you are small...
Yup ! 1,52m for 43-46 kilos.
In the US, it's called petite, a French word meaning short, small ;)

as we say in Dutch "klein maar dapper" and thats a compliment!
How do you translate it into English ?

She is quite short for a person from those countries. I only ran into adults that size (which is my size) in Limburg, NL and even then, most of them were elderly.
Such petite size is quite widespread in Mediterranean, North African and South American countries. Quite rare in Northern countries.
What might explain it is the food : more protein and fat in the North while more fruits, veggies and cereals in the South. Add epigenetic, possible growth retardation by an invisible disability, and you have plenty of hypothesis to work on !

Myself, I am of North African descent on my mother side, with also ancestry in Spain and Italy. But my family is of French citizenship.

So, the person can be of Southern ancestry but of Dutch, Belgian or German citizenship. Let not mix up between citizenship and ancestry, because we'd be getting dead leads ! :(

Ok, I found some possible matches. But every darn time, there is something quite off.

1) http://www.doenetwork.org/cases-int/714dfdeu.html
Pros :
age is a close match (born 1955 => 28yo, can be accounted in a margin)
eyes and hair
nose is quite a match

Cons :
no mole on her lip. However, was 15 when she went missing => could have appeared years after her being missing
her built. However, could had got thinner with age and could had been fully grown up later than average
No info on height and weight
No info about circumstances : everything is possible

2) http://www.doenetwork.org/cases-int/1085dfirl.html
Quite a good facial match. Circumstances reasonably fit.
Height is off by 6cm and eyes are off

I think that for height and weight, we must add +5 for the maximum and substract -5 for the minimum.
On missing people reports, height and weight are declarative : unless LE gets medical record with weight, let assume that the reporter said "She was about 1,55m and 45kg, Sir" : so, if height and weight are off by 5cm or 2in, but the match seems strong, don't be afraid of it.

This is the very reason why we dispatch whom contacts whom in this thread : otherwise, a umpteenth number of people will contact them asking the same questions.
If "X contact Z and Y contact S", each person who had news from Z and S can post the answers here, thus avoiding doing the same task over and over because of miscommunication.

Mom tells me the very same thing. My GP told me that it's very ADHD (which I was diagnosed with) ;)

Yup ! 1,52m for 43-46 kilos.
In the US, it's called petite, a French word meaning short, small ;)

How do you translate it into English ?

Small but brave

I am not the on point person of this case. Anyone can contact whomever they want to, but if we post who we are contacting here it should avoid anyone contacting the same people.

You are correct, Bit of Hope, I knew that "Spoorloos" had stopped by the time I had moved from the Netherlands, but I thought if opsporing verzocht was still running they might be interested in the case. For some reason I thought there was another program called Vermist en Gezocht but when I googled it, it came up the program I posted. :) In any case, I think that having the case shown on Dutch, Belgian, and German television might be helpful if she is originally from Europe.

Some stats https://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lichaamslengte#Wereldwijd At the historical stats they show the length in de mid 1900. Sadly no stats for woman in particular. But you can see people were a lot smaller than today. I guess you can recognize the names of the country's. Considering this list you could say she is small but not abnormal.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
detconan
Back