Deceased/Not Found NY - Etan Patz, 6, New York, 25 May 1979 #1 *P. Hernandez guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if part of the reason they didn't dig up the cellar floor was BECAUSE Miller was so cooperative.

Snipped

New York (CNN) -- Investigators discovered a possible blood stain Saturday on a concrete wall while tearing apart a basement in their search for clues in the case of Etan Patz, a 6-year-old who disappeared more than three decades ago, a law enforcement source told CNN.

Snipped

Late Thursday, authorities set up a grid in the basement and planned to rip up the concrete floor. They also took out part of the back wall of the basement, an unoccupied area beneath what was once a restaurant.

The floor was "newly poured" at the time the boy disappeared, according to another law enforcement source.

Updated: 12:12 PM EDT, Sun April 22, 2012

http://www.cnn.com/2012/04/22/justice/new-york-patz-probe/?hpt=hp_t1

BBM

It is possible. But why would Etan be in the workshop when he was on the way to the bus for school? Miller knew he was on the way to school so it wouldn't make sense to take him into the workshop just to tinker around with the machinery, imo.

I posted that theory earlier. Ramos (or a different predator) lures the child in, Miller catches him, they argue and while the altercation is happening the child was fatally injured by machinery. IMO

Etan Patz: Modern Forensics Help Authorities Reinvestigate Disappearance 33 Years Ago

Snipped

Investigators likely used ground-penetrating radar at the scene to look below the surface of concrete and drywall, he [Kobilinsky] said.

Snipped

The technology is so sophisticated it is even able to detect voids in areas where a body temporarily may have been hidden, Kobilinsky said.

"If a body has been moved, that means the ground has been disturbed. A discontinuity can be picked up. It tells you this is a place worth looking at," he said.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/etan-patz-...-investigators/story?id=16186694#.T5RAJ45ivs0

I keep thinking about the graffiti Stan Patz found in the neighborhood a few months after Etan vanished, as described in After Etan: I MISS ETAN PATZ

I hope he comes home soon.

But it seems odd that no other neighborhood kids have come forward to accuse Miller of anything over the years. It seems that if a handyman is a twisted pedophile, and is capable of killing a little 6 yr old and burying him in the basement, that he would have more victims in the past 30 years.

Maybe he killed them all, but are there many kids in the surrounding area missing?

Respectfully BBM

One possible explanation may be that:

In the decades after the Patz disappearance, Miller bounced around the country, landing in East Orange, N.J., Colorado, Massachusetts and Florida, records show.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...tan-patz-case-article-1.1064895#ixzz1snFNZmUn

Good, thorough - it mentions Johnny Gosch and Jacob Wetterling - AP article about the effect of the Patz case on parents and children of the time.

After NYC boy vanished, era of anxiety was born
NEW YORK — A generation of sheltered American children grew up in the shadow of anxiety that fell over this country one day in 1979, when a little boy with a charming grin vanished from a Manhattan street corner.

They never knew his name or saw that angelic-looking face. But their parents would never forget it.

For some, their caution was simply a result of what they read in news reports. Others, including Jim Stratton, had an immediate and very personal reason to be afraid.

"It sent a chill through everybody," said Stratton, 73, whose son was in the same neighborhood play group as Etan Patz, the 6-year-old who never boarded his school bus on May 25, 1979. "You could not leave your child for a minute. Anywhere. It was like a dark cloud had come over the neighborhood."
---
the rest at Atlanta Journal-Consitution link above

There was Jacob Wetterling, abducted and killed by a masked gunman in 1989 while riding his bicycle home from a convenience store in St. Joseph, Minn.
http://www.ajc.com/news/nation-world/after-nyc-boy-vanished-1423748.html
I thought there was no evidence that Jacob was killed??? He hasn't been found yet, maybe just an error in reporting?

I do hope they find Etan, so many people need closure to a mystery haunting us for over 30 decades! It will be eerie though if he is, because it means all these decades he was a block away from home...

There was Jacob Wetterling, abducted and killed by a masked gunman in 1989 while riding his bicycle home from a convenience store in St. Joseph, Minn.
I thought there was no evidence that Jacob was killed??? He hasn't been found yet, maybe just an error in reporting?

I do hope they find Etan, so many people need closure to a mystery haunting us for over 30 decades! It will be eerie though if he is, because it means all these decades he was a block away from home...
Good catch. I read right by that. And you're right. Probably there was a juxtaposition of fact when the article was edited. That can happen when editing copy down from a larger article via computer - a copy and paste faux pas. Carelessness.

Respectfully BBM

One possible explanation may be that:

In the decades after the Patz disappearance, Miller bounced around the country, landing in East Orange, N.J., Colorado, Massachusetts and Florida, records show.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...tan-patz-case-article-1.1064895#ixzz1snFNZmUn

wow. I wonder if they are coordinating with other cold case detectives in those areas?

In my opinion, IF Miller was responsible for Etan's death,then he was not the last child to die at his hands.

I saw that too. There has never been any evidence that Jacob was killed, as far as I know. On the other hand, there isn't any evidence that he is still alive, either, you know? His is one of those cases that has stuck with me, the one that our parents reminded us about when we wanted to stay out after dark or go places alone.

Not sure what this might mean:

Search for Etan Patz put on hold
FBI: Search suspended for 'operational reasons'
NEW YORK (CNN) - The search for Etan Patz, a 6-year-old New York boy who disappeared more than three decades ago, was suspended Sunday for "operational reasons," an FBI spokesman said.

"I don't want to get into what those reasons were," Peter Donald said. "We'll be back in the morning.
---
more on the stain of interest:
FBI agents, assisted by the New York Police Department, discovered the stain by spraying the chemical luminol, said the law enforcement source who has been briefed on the investigation.

The chemical can indicate the presence of blood, but is not always conclusive, according to the source. At this time, the stain is described only as an area of interest.
---
more at the click2houston.com link above

FBI agents, assisted by the New York Police Department, discovered the stain by spraying the chemical luminol, said the law enforcement source who has been briefed on the investigation.

I'd strongly advise people not to get their hopes up over a luminol test. Luminol reacts with anything that has iron or copper in its make up, and the list of things found on the average basement wall which would cause a positive reaction is probably as long as my arm.

Hopefully, the operational reasons for suspending the search in the basement involve tests with more specific chemicals which can distinguish between blood and other substances. Hoping that this family can get the answers they deserve after such a long nightmare, and bring Etan home.

From that link, which is a CNN story by the way:

"Around 2 p.m. Sunday, investigators searching a basement in Manhattan's SoHo neighborhood abruptly folded up a tent they had erected to shield them from a nasty rainstorm.

Moments later, two large New York Police Department vans rolled in, obstructing most of the view of the scene. Through a small break between the vehicles, photographers were able to catch a glimpse of something being loaded into the side of an unmarked blue van."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlanta_2_Philly