GUILTY NY - Evanna Tranberg-Bennett, 12, died, parents failed to get her medical care, 6 Dec 2019 Probation

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO, from the story posted by the family here last year, and on FB that poor Evanna passed out in the parlor ...while the adults flitted about finding a ride and snow storms. Someone, IMO finally noticed that she wasn't doing too well...and realized that calling 911 was in order. In the meantime, I posit that Evanna's breathing went agonal.

From Google:
Agonal breathing or agonal gasps are the last reflexes of the dying brain. They are generally viewed as a sign of death, and can happen after the heart has stopped beating.

Also

Should you start CPR with agonal breathing?
Gasping, or agonal respiration, is an indicator of cardiac arrest. When these irregular breathing patterns occur, it's a sign that the victim's brain is still alive and that you must begin uninterrupted chest compressions or CPR immediately. If you do so, the person as a much higher chance of surviving.Jan 6, 2020

What You Need to Know About Agonal Breathing

IMO, Evanna was actively dying in the parlor, well before EMS was called, (and somebody may have thought giving her some candy might help perk her up a bit too)

All of this is MOO.
Yes, it's sometimes called the "death rattle." This is what I think they heard.

Last edited:
They will never be successful blaming the resuscitation efforts for her death. The fact is that if CPR is needed, the person is already gone. Less than 10% of people who need CPR actually make it out of the hospital... Over 90% die at the scene or later in the hospital. The person performing CPR cannot kill someone who is, in essence, already dead.

The medical record from the EMT's will have quite the narrative to read..

ETA: And if you notice, the TB family probably has a copy of that, but we haven't seen that posted on FB have we? Only their alarming and defaming accusations of the EMT's.

!? Question-
The Tranberg-Bennett family has repeated in nearly every comment/post anywhere their claim of an Autopsy Diagram being “altered” stating a point showing EMT “crushing chest/punctured lung/broken rib” has been removed. Is there any relevance at all when the Autopsy never details resuscitation efforts contributed to death? Where do they come up with such a statement? Is it just another tactic to try to refocus Public Opinion (their obvious #1 need) away from any actual slip-ups of parts of documents they shared & MSM news describing cause of death taken from “Court Documents”?
I think the reason they keep pointing that out is because they say DSS originally claimed the broken ribs and crushed chest were due to child abuse, and tried to include that in their petition.

They are more determined to prove DSS wrong than to discuss the medical issues Evanna had that they didn't seek treatment for. It's just a way to distract from the real issues.

It is my understanding that vigorous cpr can cause spontaneous breathing in those persons who are not breathing.

The 911 call center worker would have instructed the caller to check the airway. If choking was suspected, a heimlich maneuver would be instructed. In fairness to the parent or adult performing the cpr, it is stressful and I'm sure the environment was chaotic with obviously upset people tryingv to relay instructions to the person doing the compressions. I've witnessed too many attempts to revive persons beyond help and this has included a well run attempt in the ER concerning a suspected overdose.. I've been trained in Cpr many times and never done any except the heimlich on a choking friend. If choking was mentioned, the 911 call center tapes will reflect this. I'd be certain that this recording will be entered as evidence at the criminal trial.. Also, having worked at a call center, you would be surprised the level of background sound and conversations that are picked up. That may or may not be helpful to the family or the prosecution. Any scene condition updates will be relayed to the inbound ems workers too. This will also appear on a recording from the dispatch location. Just my experience, opinion etc.

It is my understanding that vigorous cpr can cause spontaneous breathing in those persons who are not breathing.

The 911 call center worker would have instructed the caller to check the airway. If choking was suspected, a heimlich maneuver would be instructed. In fairness to the parent or adult performing the cpr, it is stressful and I'm sure the environment was chaotic with obviously upset people tryingv to relay instructions to the person doing the compressions. I've witnessed too many attempts to revive persons beyond help and this has included a well run attempt in the ER concerning a suspected overdose.. I've been trained in Cpr many times and never done any except the heimlich on a choking friend. If choking was mentioned, the 911 call center tapes will reflect this. I'd be certain that this recording will be entered as evidence at the criminal trial.. Also, having worked at a call center, you would be surprised the level of background sound and conversations that are picked up. That may or may not be helpful to the family or the prosecution. Any scene condition updates will be relayed to the inbound ems workers too. This will also appear on a recording from the dispatch location. Just my experience, opinion etc.
Thank you for that information! Oddly, none of the family's posts have ever mentioned the Heimlich maneuver or even anything that would describe such a technique. What they said was "they" dislodged the candy while performing CPR and knew it was the candy because they could taste it when doing rescue breaths.

It seems like the closer one looks the more confounding the narrative becomes.

IMO many people in this thread have very false assumptions about the family being "closed off" or like a "cult" in that they are isolated and don't talk to people outside of their family, or that they only talk to people of a similar lifestyle to theirs.

Not just my opinion-- I'm a local. There's nothing in it for me to be posting this, as I'm not personally friends with the family; it's just a small town area so I tend to see them around. They are actually very social and engage with the community frequently, have lots of friends, are very friendly to those around them. I can say with certainty they definitely do NOT just stick to talking to people who lead a similar lifestyle or are home schooled or whatever.

IMO, a well-rounded opinion of the circumstances surrounding this case would take into account the political and social dynamics in the county. There are plenty of rumors and accusations (both online and within the local community) surrounding the DA Czajka. IMO this is due to a combination of: 1) mudslinging by opponents in past runs for the DA's office, Eugene Keeler being apparently a major contributor, 2) disgruntled locals who have found themselves in the hot seat in Czajka's court and are now motivated to spread conspiracy theories about him, and 3) MOO - potentially actual corrupt behavior by the DA and his administration. Possibly the rumors are unfounded, but there are some mentions in MSM. Also here. Users of this forum have probably come across Jeffrey Yeh and his social media outlets, which helps to inform a picture of the atmosphere of anti-authoritarian vigilantism that is a palpable reality in the area and has to be considered as part of the larger picture. This is not to justify any actions or statements by the family, simply to provide background for some of the distrust of local government. Clearly certain people in the family could very well still be personally held accountable, and that is playing out in court currently.

Also worth mentioning is the culture prevalent in the community surrounding natural foods, holistic living and iconoclasm. For example, the Hawthorne Valley farms/Waldorf school/community is a major force in the area. My point is that the family's supposed unconventionality isn't that out of the ordinary if you take into context the local cultural circumstances. Almost reminds me of the cultures in some of the more isolated small towns in California, if anybody here is familiar. IMO

It is sad, that while I am sifting through the posts on the TB Family page, as well as some of the comments on the local Community page that the subject all too often IMO, turns political and full of conspiracy theories. Forgotten again, is Evanna.

It is sad, that while I am sifting through the posts on the TB Family page, as well as some of the comments on the local Community page that the subject all too often IMO, turns political and full of conspiracy theories. Forgotten again, is Evanna.

yep, I wish they’d just take off the tin foil hats, log off the computer, and focus on mourning Evanna and ensuring the well being of the other minor children. But instead, they waste their time babbling on Facebook about how the world is conspiring against them. As if they are important enough for anyone, let alone half of the local government, to care enough about them to go to such great lengths to conjure up some big scandal just to destroy the Tranberg Bennett adults. Narcissism at its finest.

IMO many people in this thread have very false assumptions about the family being "closed off" or like a "cult" in that they are isolated and don't talk to people outside of their family, or that they only talk to people of a similar lifestyle to theirs.

Not just my opinion-- I'm a local. There's nothing in it for me to be posting this, as I'm not personally friends with the family; it's just a small town area so I tend to see them around. They are actually very social and engage with the community frequently, have lots of friends, are very friendly to those around them. I can say with certainty they definitely do NOT just stick to talking to people who lead a similar lifestyle or are home schooled or whatever.

IMO, a well-rounded opinion of the circumstances surrounding this case would take into account the political and social dynamics in the county. There are plenty of rumors and accusations (both online and within the local community) surrounding the DA Czajka. IMO this is due to a combination of: 1) mudslinging by opponents in past runs for the DA's office, Eugene Keeler being apparently a major contributor, 2) disgruntled locals who have found themselves in the hot seat in Czajka's court and are now motivated to spread conspiracy theories about him, and 3) MOO - potentially actual corrupt behavior by the DA and his administration. Possibly the rumors are unfounded, but there are some mentions in MSM. Also here. Users of this forum have probably come across Jeffrey Yeh and his social media outlets, which helps to inform a picture of the atmosphere of anti-authoritarian vigilantism that is a palpable reality in the area and has to be considered as part of the larger picture. This is not to justify any actions or statements by the family, simply to provide background for some of the distrust of local government. Clearly certain people in the family could very well still be personally held accountable, and that is playing out in court currently.

Also worth mentioning is the culture prevalent in the community surrounding natural foods, holistic living and iconoclasm. For example, the Hawthorne Valley farms/Waldorf school/community is a major force in the area. My point is that the family's supposed unconventionality isn't that out of the ordinary if you take into context the local cultural circumstances. Almost reminds me of the cultures in some of the more isolated small towns in California, if anybody here is familiar. IMO

Thank you for the local input, it is very interesting. I actually don't find anything about their lifestyle all that out of the ordinary. In my own house we only eat whole foods from local farms, grow a lot of our own food, don't use any plastics, avoid artificial fragrance, and we plan to homeschool.

The only criticism I really have is that when a child is sick, the reasonable thing to do is to take the child to the doctor. If Evanna was taken to a doctor when she showed signs of pneumonia, she might be alive today. If Evanna was taken to the doctor when her legs were swollen and weeping, she might be alive today. The texts on the TB page clearly show members of the family discussing her declining condition and one person even says it was a life or death issue. The TB page now says that it was about a completely different issue but res ipsa loquitur (the thing speaks for itself) in my opinion.

No one would be discussing this family if their daughter didn't die. Healthy 12 year olds don't just die from strokes and pneumonia and kidney disease. Was it negligent to fail to get medical care in that situation? The jury will decide. But that's the issue here.

I too am a county resident although I'm pretty far from the Austerlitz area. Yes there's certainly an undercurrent of some folks who feel aggrieved by the current DA and his role as former family court judge.
It is true that there's also a great many diverse groups who would be looked upon by some as eclectic or unusual. The county is a mix of all types and classes.
There may certainly be some level of corruption present as anywhere else. Some of those with the anti authoritarian attitude seem to let this cloud their better judgment when looking at the same information that others see differently. The logic that the DA was bad to me, therefore all action by the DA is inherently wrong and malicious. It does not help that another very high profile case in the past 5 months had the possible appearance of favoritism or impropriety in its treatment of certain suspects. As others have pointed out, a quick and careless investigation in any case will lead to a quick acquittal.
Finally, the issue of the placenta being saved. It is not uncommon for some people to plant this organ with a tree that is planted in the child's honor. This us not unlike the scattering of cremated remains in the same manner to honor the deceased. I seem to remember one of the TB posts mentioning a placenta being found in the course if the nvestigation and someone explaining this as the reason. To me, this is a completely plausible explanation. It may be the only thing they have ever written that I actually and sincerely believe. Imo etc.. It may also partially explain the whole fetus thing. I'd imagine this to be a shocker if you've never heard of it.

Thank you for giving us a peek into your community and for your views on the Tranberg family. It's helpful to hear from a slightly different perspective. Unfortunately the jarring style of writing on the family's blog does little to soften the perception some of us have towards them.

We can only post based on what we see and read and so far we see the family refusing to consider their own poor choices and instead play into the rumors of corruption you speak of and accuse everyone of conspiring against them with no self-editing. Their constant screaming about "calumny" IMO makes them look ignorant and hostile.

It all boils down to the fact that they had a sick child whose symptoms grew progressively worse and instead of seeking medical help they wasted precious time making "arrangements." They were more focused on Steve's illness than Evanna's. They denigrated Evanna - even after her death - using words one rarely hears or reads from people who have lost a young child.

If they had done what the majority of parents would do which is err on the side of caution and seek medical help at once when Evanna's legs and ankles first swelled up she might well be alive today. And IMO until they understand that medical professionals actually do know more than they do the remaining minor children should not go back to that house.

Sorry for jumping all over you :oops: I'm angry at the family, not you and I do appreciate you showing us another side of this case.

why is there never any mention of the other children removed? am I correct in remembering there are 3 others that allegedly belong to Mom & Poppa TB not to be returned?
Believe me, no one has forgotten the other little ones. But because they are minors we have to tread carefully and remember not to name them. Their safety and well being are on all of our minds.

Evanna is beyond worrying about being discussed by strangers but the remaining kids are still alive and vulnerable to our words.

Another post up on the TB page, from what I gather didn't go too well at all at the hearing today for the family. I sense extreme hostility from their comment. Also they said there is another hearing tomorrow. Additional (frequent) commenter posted some court room views as he claimed he was present in court, and called as a witness. Interesting

why is there never any mention of the other children removed? am I correct in remembering there are 3 others that allegedly belong to Mom & Poppa TB not to be returned?[/QUOTe
Thank you for bringing this up. It seems from the posts there were nearly a dozen children who also lived in the home who were removed. If my child was removed, I'd move mountains to be reunited. I'd sign any paper, agree to any condition. Something is seriously wrong here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BanPokies1