GUILTY NY - Evanna Tranberg-Bennett, 12, died, parents failed to get her medical care, 6 Dec 2019 Probation

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why are they absolutely not able to own up to their mistakes?! Why are their egos more important than a young girl with her whole life ahead of her? And also more important than the lives of the other children involved ? Rhetoric questions, I know, but it drives me mad...

Last edited:
It's a fairly common "craze". Goes along with preppers which they may be with all the emphasis on growing and preserving food. But no birth certificates, social security #'s drivers licenses or car registrations for these people. It causes huge problems when kids want to leave when they're of age. The brainwashing doesn't always work! But this family seems to have cornered the market on it.

You nailed it. With great sadness we have one of these "preppers" in my family. Let me tell you "Big Daddy" is in charge. End game.

Oddly even the poor dog tries to flee. Three seperate"sister wives" finally came to their senses and got out. He now has no access to his offspring born at home. Grow their food. Not him! The women still there. Always out driving around while educated women pay for everything.

Ohhhhh ring your.loved ones cell? He picks up! It's his abode. You must whisper in the house. You want to speak with your loved one? They call you if they go to the store.

Narcissistic, a come from nothing con and loyalty and allegiance to the family is number one. After cop bashing, government mistrust, right to bear arms, and yup drives a old model cop car from.an auction.

Imagine from birth being brainwashed like that? Makes me sick!

Why are they absolutely not able to own up to their mistakes?! Why are their egos more important than a young girl with her whole life ahead of her? And also more important than the lives of the other children involved ? Rhetoric questions, I know, but it drives me mad...

Unfortunately that train has left the station IMO. At this point they've been charged with manslaughter so outside of a plea agreement if they were to admit they neglected to get Evanna medical help in a timely manner they'd essentially be admitting guilt.

IMO the time for them to fess up would have been during the first week of December, 2019. But that was never going to happen anyway as their flawed belief system doesn't leave room for reflection on their actions. MOO.

Looks like the radio silence is real, no more posts on any of their pages, with the exception of the links still existing on VTBs IG. Honestly it’s a bit of relief to me. IMO it had become grotesque and was just an unhelpful spectacle. I hope justice can’t be served and will look forward to press releases.

JMO tho, it is interesting that they were unable to keep their silence as a requirement to visit their children but suddenly they are now. An interesting bit of hypocrisy that their own freedom is more important than having custody or visitation of their children. MOO.

Looks like the radio silence is real, no more posts on any of their pages, with the exception of the links still existing on VTBs IG. Honestly it’s a bit of relief to me. IMO it had become grotesque and was just an unhelpful spectacle. I hope justice can’t be served and will look forward to press releases.

JMO tho, it is interesting that they were unable to keep their silence as a requirement to visit their children but suddenly they are now. An interesting bit of hypocrisy that their own freedom is more important than having custody or visitation of their children. MOO.
it started about 2 weeks after the hearing ...bet it was court ordered

At least they are not disrespecting Evanna publicly anymore. All that talk, the blaming everyone but themselves, the descriptions they made of Evanna, all of it was so cruel and disrespectful. I would never guess they were talking about a 12-year-old girl that died.

At least they are not disrespecting Evanna publicly anymore. All that talk, the blaming everyone but themselves, the descriptions they made of Evanna, all of it was so cruel and disrespectful. I would never guess they were talking about a 12-year-old girl that died.
Boy, I couldn't have said it any better!

I can't believe the "parody" Facebook pages that are set up related to this case. I hope the people who make them know they are not helping the prosecution at all and will just give the defense actual evidence for a change of venue request. I know this family is terrible but actually contacting them to troll them and interfere in their lives is extremely unprofessional and unhelpful. It is one thing to discuss the case on a forum, it's another thing entirely to spend your time contacting them and trying to interfere with the case.

I can't believe the "parody" Facebook pages that are set up related to this case. I hope the people who make them know they are not helping the prosecution at all and will just give the defense actual evidence for a change of venue request. I know this family is terrible but actually contacting them to troll them and interfere in their lives is extremely unprofessional and unhelpful. It is one thing to discuss the case on a forum, it's another thing entirely to spend your time contacting them and trying to interfere with the case.
Are you able to share what FB pages you are referring to? Is the family requesting a change of venue? Has a trial date been set?

Are you able to share what FB pages you are referring to? Is the family requesting a change of venue? Has a trial date been set?
No, I don't think a trial date has been set yet and it's too early to know if the defense will ask for a change of venue.

They might, though, since so many details have been exposed and so many accusations have been made on FB. They can argue that the family has already been found guilty in the court of public opinion.

Going by some of the earliest posts by the family, they seem to have been condemned from the very beginning. They posted screenshots of commenters calling them murderers and accusing them of all kinds of things.

Imo

Last edited:
This sad story made the local news last December shortly after Evanna's death. IMO, it was not a story at that time to be shared country-wide, as there was no dramatic murder or a suspect at large. It was a local thing. It only became a more widespread story after the TB family ( Venuska here at the time) began their strange attempts to sway public opinion via social media.

They immediately shouted their self glorifying innocence and accused the EMT's of Evanna's death. More accusations of others followed. Their own nonsense created the spiral of negative public opinion that it is today. The family's non stop BS drove me batty, and I am halfway across the country. Locals in the area too, from what I have seen. The family went on a local Community chat board and created a sh** storm. That was purposeful! IMO

If a change of Venue is called for, so be it. As long as their own words can and will be used against them.

This sad story made the local news last December shortly after Evanna's death. IMO, it was not a story at that time to be shared country-wide, as there was no dramatic murder or a suspect at large. It was a local thing. It only became a more widespread story after the TB family ( Venuska here at the time) began their strange attempts to sway public opinion via social media.

They immediately shouted their self glorifying innocence and accused the EMT's of Evanna's death. More accusations of others followed. Their own nonsense created the spiral of negative public opinion that it is today. The family's non stop BS drove me batty, and I am halfway across the country. Locals in the area too, from what I have seen. The family went on a local Community chat board and created a sh** storm. That was purposeful! IMO

If a change of Venue is called for, so be it. As long as their own words can and will be used against them.
I was just over checking on another case (Maliyah Bass) and I see that a search warrant was executed for that couple's FB and other social media. It's not all that unusual in cases these days. IMO the TB family has really dug themselves into a big hole with all their posts, not just on their own FB but also the many posts on other pages.

7 plead guilty in Columbia County case after girl's death (Albany Times Union)

7 plead guilty in Columbia County case after girl's death

HUDSON – Seven people from Austerlitz pleaded guilty Wednesday in Columbia County Court to endangering the welfare of a child in relation to the death of a 12-year-old girl who died while suffering from kidney failure and pneumonia, the Columbia County District Attorney’s Office said.

The girl's parents, Steven Bennett and Heidi Tranberg-Bennett, along with other family members Venuska Tranberg-Bennett, Svenia Tranberg-Bennett, Petrevena Tranberg-Bennett, Tevania Tranberg-Bennett and Ryan Torres pleaded guilty to the misdemeanor charge before Judge Richard Koweek, District Attorney Paul Czajka said.

“All of the defendants admitted they were responsible for the care of the child at all relevant times; that they all became aware of her illness and progressive symptoms, including, ultimately, swelling of her feet, legs and abdomen; and that they did not timely contact emergency personnel or take the child to a doctor or hospital,” according to a statement issued by Czajka.

The seven defendants are to be sentenced in February.

What's chilling now is that single misdemeanor charge for this horrendous crime. Read up, and I believe one will see I indicated that Columbia County is a strange yet predictable place. One could see this coming. D. A. Cjazka....well. I have nothing good to say so I'll keep my peace.
n.b.
I think more people aren't posting after seeing the Times Union piece above because they are absolutely dumbfounded by this turn of events.

Last edited:
What's chilling now is that single misdemeanor charge for this horrendous crime. Read up, and I believe one will see I indicated that Columbia County is a strange yet predictable place. One could see this coming. D. A. Cjazka....well. I have nothing good to say so I'll keep my peace.
n.b.
I think more people aren't posting after seeing the Times Union piece above because they are absolutely dumbfounded by this turn of events.

It is disgusting.

I was just over checking on another case (Maliyah Bass) and I see that a search warrant was executed for that couple's FB and other social media. It's not all that unusual in cases these days. IMO the TB family has really dug themselves into a big hole with all their posts, not just on their own FB but also the many posts on other pages.
They have dug the hole deep in that Community it certainly seems, no matter the criminal case outcome.

Wow! Misdemeanor?
Not the best outcome certainly but at least they had to admit that they were at fault. And it's quite interesting to see all the adults in the house held responsible for the care and safety of the younger kids - we don't often see that in cases here where a child is harmed or dies, usually only the parents or primary caregivers are charged.

I hope the kids are not released to the parents until they agree to a monitored safety plan which includes parenting and nutrition classes. And I know it sounds mean but I also hope the community doesn't excuse their behavior too quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BanPokies1