GUILTY NY - Evanna Tranberg-Bennett, 12, died, parents failed to get her medical care, 6 Dec 2019 Probation

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I also thought about their finances. The house was probably 2k-4K monthly rental. They talked about being in talks to buy it before this happened in their early Facebook posts. They don’t seem poor, but at the same time they have a go fund me page up. And I can’t imagine they would have all these court appointed lawyer issues if they could afford decent representation. No mention of anyone’s jobs in any of their FB posts that I am aware of.

*edit, you can still see the go fund me page if you google it but it is no longer active if you click on it, that is a recent development. Their goal was something in the order of $23k and they had raised 3-4K so far

Yeah, I also thought about their finances. The house was probably 2k-4K monthly rental. They talked about being in talks to buy it before this happened in their early Facebook posts. They don’t seem poor, but at the same time they have a go fund me page up. And I can’t imagine they would have all these court appointed lawyer issues if they could afford decent representation. No mention of anyone’s jobs in any of their FB posts that I am aware of.

*edit, you can still see the go fund me page if you google it but it is no longer active if you click on it, that is a recent development. Their goal was something in the order of $23k and they had raised 3-4K so far

Finances... yes, I'm curious, too.

I just saw realtor/gallery pics of the interior... I love Victorian homes and the Catskills. 'Just don't want to imagine what was going on in this lovely setting :(

Absolutely nothing about this family is humorous, and I despise roaming around on FB, but I did notice the family photo where father/grandfather SB appeared in the Napoleon portrait stance. 'Dunno if he displaying a Napoleon Complex or attempting a salute to the town of Austerlitz.

Étrange (imo)
According to the family it was supposed to be a joke holiday card for 2017 to show their displeasure of Tenji's mother, grandmother to his 2 kids. They were upset over her defamation of them and because she was jealous of their new beautiful home. Steve's Napoleon pose was part of the joke. They decided not to use the photo.
This article says there are 16 people living at the house. Five more summoned to court for death of child - Mid Hudson News

Who are the 16? I get 15 based on the people named. Am I missing someone that we know of?

SB HT
VTB PTB STB TTB
RT
Evanna
3 minor children of SB/HT
4 minor children of VTB
The article noted that the 16 count included Evanna prior to her death. The reporter didn't make it super clear.

Wow! I just looked at the yesterday and it was still up. The original ask was around 65k then reduced to 37k. Now it says "No campaign found" which is unusual. I wonder if someone reported it because of all the charges?

According to the family it was supposed to be a joke holiday card for 2017 to show their displeasure of Tenji's mother, grandmother to his 2 kids. They were upset over her defamation of them and because she was jealous of their new beautiful home. Steve's Napoleon pose was part of the joke. They decided not to use the photo.

The article noted that the 16 count included Evanna prior to her death. The reporter didn't make it super clear.

Thanks for the info regarding the photo.

This sad case has been new to me... I still can't exactly figure out who's who :(

From the link:
Steven and Heidi also have three remaining minor children. Venuska, the oldest daughter, has four children of her own, two children with Ryan Torres and two with Tenji Kushi, of Massachusetts. With the exception of Kushi, all of the adults and children resided in the Tranberg-Bennett home in Austerlitz in Columbia County. A total of 16 people resided in the residence until the 12-year-old died.

16 people lived in the house? Oh my. 5 bedrooms and 2.5 bathrooms according to online real estate pages. No way would I want that many people living with me with only 2 and a half baths and not much privacy. I guess people can adjust to most anything. MOO.

That many people living in the house seems “normal” to me. Especially since they are all family. There are a lot of red flags here but that isn’t one of them to me. I’ve been watching “this” from the beginning. What hits me most is an adult family member being the spokes person. And the huge changes in facts from the beginning. JMO.

That many people living in the house seems “normal” to me. Especially since they are all family. There are a lot of red flags here but that isn’t one of them to me. I’ve been watching “this” from the beginning. What hits me most is an adult family member being the spokes person. And the huge changes in facts from the beginning. JMO.
Nothing wrong with living at home and not moving out. Actually, it has become more and more usual for children to just keep living in the parents’ home and not move out as soon as they graduate or get a job. I just thought it was interesting that one of the adult daughters already had a family of her own and was still living there, and then, none of the other adult daughters apparently moved out either. I guess nobody bats an eye when it’s one child staying, but when it’s ALL of them, it may be odd for a lot of people. Again, if they’re staying because they want to, good for them...

IMO, when Evanna first died a family member posted about the similarities between what the uncle was ill with and what Evanna’s symptoms were. And also that she had leg and belly swelling. IIRC, there was no mention of candy, but that the family had called a friend or someone to drive the girl to the hospital in a snowstorm. Then she collapsed so they called 911. Then all of that information disappeared. I’m sure someone has screenshots? As I already wrote this is MOO.

ETA: screenshots from the original thread from here last year. Or the original posts from the FB page. Both put the family under water.

What mother/father doesn’t do what children’s service’s asks for to get their children back?!

Last edited:
IMO, when Evanna first died a family member posted about the similarities between what the uncle was ill with and what Evanna’s symptoms were. And also that she had leg and belly swelling. IIRC, there was no mention of candy, but that the family had called a friend or someone to drive the girl to the hospital in a snowstorm. Then she collapsed so they called 911. Then all of that information disappeared. I’m sure someone has screenshots? As I already wrote this is MOO.

ETA: screenshots from the original thread from here last year. Or the original posts from the FB page. Both put the family under water.

What mother/father doesn’t do what children’s service’s asks for to get their children back?!
I really need to take a day off and go through their Facebook page and the posts on the original thread, but it’s SO much stuff to go through. I don’t remember a lot of it, just the general idea that bits and pieces of the story changed and that some stuff was totally contradicting.

I really need to take a day off and go through their Facebook page and the posts on the original thread, but it’s SO much stuff to go through. I don’t remember a lot of it, just the general idea that bits and pieces of the story changed and that some stuff was totally contradicting.

I have trouble getting through the lengthy stream-of-consciousness FB posts without wanting to scream, so I hope you have more patience than I do! :confused: Your assignment (should you choose to accept it, since it’s Mission Impossible) is to take detailed notes (but not TOO detailed) and work up a summary of the major events and contradictions and all the custody issues as a cheat sheet for us all. Or just skip all that and focus on the poor child who died. :(

I have trouble getting through the lengthy stream-of-consciousness FB posts without wanting to scream, so I hope you have more patience than I do! :confused: Your assignment (should you choose to accept it, since it’s Mission Impossible) is to take detailed notes (but not TOO detailed) and work up a summary of the major events and contradictions and all the custody issues as a cheat sheet for us all. Or just skip all that and focus on the poor child who died. :(
Oh man, those posts... I’ve had to do a lot of reading in a academic setting through the years, but never in my life I felt so tortured reading anything like I do reading their posts.
In the beginning I was trying really hard to understand what actually happened to Evanna, but then this poor girl ended up being lost in all of this mess. Same thing with the children that are in foster care, they also got lost and everything became about the adults and how they thought they were wronged, and their allegations of fraud, corruption and abuse of power. It became all about the parents and they put so much effort into trying to make it seem like they were right that they seemed to forget about those kids.
It really bothers me how they never answer any questions, never. Whenever they replied here, they would never acknowledge the question, it would just be another exercise of dumping accusations and rambling about a lot of things that had nothing to do with what was being asked.

Oh man, those posts... I’ve had to do a lot of reading in a academic setting through the years, but never in my life I felt so tortured reading anything like I do reading their posts.
In the beginning I was trying really hard to understand what actually happened to Evanna, but then this poor girl ended up being lost in all of this mess. Same thing with the children that are in foster care, they also got lost and everything became about the adults and how they thought they were wronged, and their allegations of fraud, corruption and abuse of power. It became all about the parents and they put so much effort into trying to make it seem like they were right that they seemed to forget about those kids.
It really bothers me how they never answer any questions, never. Whenever they replied here, they would never acknowledge the question, it would just be another exercise of dumping accusations and rambling about a lot of things that had nothing to do with what was being asked.

You nailed it!

There are occupancy limits on rental homes. I have a vague recollection of a formula: # of bedrooms x 2 + 1. So they would be way over. I wonder if their landlord was aware.

O.K. call me a nut cause I am. I've read through the entire thread. Also articles. Not in depth as you all have. Thank you. A ways back I mentioned in a post it seems more about these people bucking the system than about their child dying.

My offbeat question any indication these people were "Preppers". Ya know twenty hundred cases of ready to eat food in that Victorian basement? Anti police? No offense to "Preps". I know some, and it falls in line with that lifestyle. TIA

O.K. call me a nut cause I am. I've read through the entire thread. Also articles. Not in depth as you all have. Thank you. A ways back I mentioned in a post it seems more about these people bucking the system than about their child dying.

My offbeat question any indication these people were "Preppers". Ya know twenty hundred cases of ready to eat food in that Victorian basement? Anti police? No offense to "Preps". I know some, and it falls in line with that lifestyle. TIA
I agree with you. I've also thought that they probably consider themselves sovereign citizens. I've meant to ask if anybody else gets that vibe.

Sovereign citizen movement - Wikipedia

That’s an interesting question. Personally, I haven’t gotten a prepper vibe from them. I’ve certainly gotten an anti-authority, paranoid feeling, but more in a counterculture (hippy), natural lifestyle sense. Their home had sort of a commune feel. I can imagine them preferring natural medicine, and being suspicious of conventional medicine (especially with their MA experience) which could explain the delay in seeking medical help for Evanna. We did the back-to-the-land thing in the late ‘60’s and ‘70’s so I can relate to that lifestyle and attitude, although it’s not how we live now.
JMO

I agree with you. I've also thought that they probably consider themselves sovereign citizens. I've meant to ask if anybody else gets that vibe.

I’m not getting a Sovereign Citizen vibe from them by any overt actions, but I’d have to go back and read the posts with that in mind. One thing that might tie in is that it seems they didn’t have a car to take Evanna to the hospital. That seems odd to me. The Wikipedia article you linked says that some “take steps to revoke and rescind their U.S. citizenship and reassert their de jure common-law state citizen status. This involves removing one's self from federal jurisdiction and relinquishing any evidence of consent to U.S. citizenship, such as a Social Security number, driver's license, car registration, use of ZIP codes, marriage license, voter registration, and birth certificate. Also included is refusal to pay state and federal income taxes because citizens not under U.S. jurisdiction are not required to pay them.”

I’m not sure this family has done this, but it’s an interesting idea and might explain why they are so resistant to DSS if they don’t feel they fall under their authority.

I’m not getting a Sovereign Citizen vibe from them by any overt actions, but I’d have to go back and read the posts with that in mind. One thing that might tie in is that it seems they didn’t have a car to take Evanna to the hospital. That seems odd to me. The Wikipedia article you linked says that some “take steps to revoke and rescind their U.S. citizenship and reassert their de jure common-law state citizen status. This involves removing one's self from federal jurisdiction and relinquishing any evidence of consent to U.S. citizenship, such as a Social Security number, driver's license, car registration, use of ZIP codes, marriage license, voter registration, and birth certificate. Also included is refusal to pay state and federal income taxes because citizens not under U.S. jurisdiction are not required to pay them.”

I’m not sure this family has done this, but it’s an interesting idea and might explain why they are so resistant to DSS if they don’t feel they fall under their authority.

Purely MOO. Nothing overt, I just feel an undercurrent somewhere. Nothing militant, just an undercurrent of anti-government feeling on the part of the family. And Filly's prepper post . . . I hadn't thought of that, but now that she mentioned it . . . maybe that.

Just a feeling of something different, something wrong.

MOO, etc.

I don't think the family are preppers nor do I think they believe they live an alternative lifestyle. In fact they strongly deny any such thing and assert that they live a healthy lifestyle and no more. It seems to be a sore spot for them.

Assertions aside though, there definitely are some indicators IMO that they live off the beaten path. For one thing they ranted about being forced to get Social Security numbers for the kids, which I find very odd.

And about the car... Venuska said they had to arrange for a second car as all they had access to was a van that didn't have a license (I think). IMO that was likely the Kushi Institute van that they have for sale on their House of Macrobiotics FB page.

I don't remember where the second car came from - it's somewhere in the mountain o' posts. But the implication was that it wasn't readily available. They must have a car - I believe one of the sisters works at a food coop. Where was it that day?

So yeah, regardless of their protests the family clearly IMO live an unconventional lifestyle - they even eschew much Western medicine, including things like aspirin or tylenol. Despite their claims there is no indication that they actually eat any meat or dairy. I haven't even seen fish in their copious photos but I have seen posts about how food that isn't 100% plant-based is toxic to the body.

But IMO they they don't fall under the usual categories. MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Her Orangeness