GUILTY NY - Evanna Tranberg-Bennett, 12, died, parents failed to get her medical care, 6 Dec 2019 Probation

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I honestly don't understand how someone who lost a child due to gross neglect can lay their head on the pillow every night and pretend they didn't do anything wrong.
This IMO is an insular and somewhat uneducated family, especially in the sciences. Their perceived victimization by all in authority is deeply ingrained by now and unlikely to change.

Most parents would choose to stay off social media and instead work with DSS/CPS to come up with a safety plan that allows the kids to return home. IOW they'd do whatever it takes to get their kids back. If they feel wronged they can file lawsuits later.

This family has instead chosen to fight the very system that determines the fate of their children. Even worse, they choose to fight it in social media rather than a courtroom. What the heck does that accomplish? IMO nothing. MOO.

This IMO is an insular and somewhat uneducated family, especially in the sciences. Their perceived victimization by all in authority is deeply ingrained by now and unlikely to change.

Most parents would choose to stay off social media and instead work with DSS/CPS to come up with a safety plan that allows the kids to return home. IOW they'd do whatever it takes to get their kids back. If they feel wronged they can file lawsuits later.

This family has instead chosen to fight the very system that determines the fate of their children. Even worse, they choose to fight it in social media rather than a courtroom. What the heck does that accomplish? IMO nothing. MOO.

They may be getting some support from the home schooling anti- vax community. They are not helping their case by putting it on social media where their own words can be used in court. In the criminal case, they would only need one person with some doubt for a mistrial. What are some reasons someone might give them the benefit of a doubt?

There are people who walk around with pneumonia thinking that they have a bad cold or bronchitis. There are reasons for belly bloat like gas or pms. The ankle bloating is more concerning but unless she was complaining about it that might not be as noticeable in the fall/winter when people are not running around barefoot. Everything could have gone downhill quickly due to the pneumonia. There are news stories, every flu season, about parents, who took their kids to the dr. and were sent home with medicine, that did not work.

Their own words may reduce the doubt that any sympathetic juror might have for them in court. It is surprising their lawyer has not insisted on them shutting down their social media. MOO

I honestly don't understand how someone who lost a child due to gross neglect can lay their head on the pillow every night and pretend they didn't do anything wrong.

This is an observation, not a diagnosis, but it is well known that a narcissist cannot and will not ever admit that they did anything wrong (unless it’s manipulative and to their advantage). They lack a sense of accountability for their actions. “They don’t have that card in their deck,” as my dh would say.

These are just a few links discussing this:

Lack of Accountability in Narcissists
7 Things You'll Never See a Narcissist Do

Their own words may reduce the doubt that any sympathetic juror might have for them in court. It is surprising their lawyer has not insisted on them shutting down their social media. MOO
BBM

I suspect he has insisted and has been ignored. He is a very experienced attorney. I wonder when he will quit. Of course, at this point he is only defending the parents, who have not posted on SM apparently. He can claim that the posts on the T-B FB page were not authorized by them, that their daughter is posting without their consent and that the posts do not reflect their viewpoint.
JMO

They are replying in regard to a man being in their home on Dec 3, 2019 and allegedly saw the chest compressions. He replies he lived there.

How many people lived there??

The family is replying to ETB's broken ribs by EMT, they are stating that many public servants in Columbia County have also been taking stearoid hormones. Then they are noting that as a fact.

They state there was an eye witness to EMT reseitating ETB. They respond by listing him by name.

This man claims to be trained in CPR, they will not deny this I formation.

They claim to have called 911 and followed directions to do CPR and yet there was someone in that house that knew CPR.

The family continues to give information about this man. When challenged he states he was actually outside when the EMT did CPR. The family verifies there was a raging storm going on at that moment.

They acknowledge ETB may have had prior kidney damage/failure. And openly discuss her end-stage kidney disease.

I want to add there are posts that have been deleted that would have added quite a bit of information.

They discuss dealing with Evanna.
MOO is it sounds like jealousy issues with Evanna.

For some reason I cannot post the Chatham link. But SillyBilly has it up above.

They may be getting some support from the home schooling anti- vax community. They are not helping their case by putting it on social media where their own words can be used in court. In the criminal case, they would only need one person with some doubt for a mistrial. What are some reasons someone might give them the benefit of a doubt?

There are people who walk around with pneumonia thinking that they have a bad cold or bronchitis. There are reasons for belly bloat like gas or pms. The ankle bloating is more concerning but unless she was complaining about it that might not be as noticeable in the fall/winter when people are not running around barefoot. Everything could have gone downhill quickly due to the pneumonia. There are news stories, every flu season, about parents, who took their kids to the dr. and were sent home with medicine, that did not work.

I get what you're saying and yes, we've seen similar in other trials. Of course they could choose a bench trial or even cut a deal with the DA.

However... the family has never said anything even close that would sound like they innocently missed Evanna's symptoms. In fact they have been claiming the opposite for nearly a year now so I don't see them changing their defense strategy.

Once we sweep away the extraneous garbage in their posts their defense becomes very clear. They claim:

- Evanna choked on a mouthful of sticky, gooey candy.
- The EMTs who responded to their 911 call treated Evanna inappropriately, thus killing her.

IMO that's going to be a tough defense for them. If they played up what you said it probably would help them but they are resistant to anything other than Evanna's death being everyone else's fault but theirs. MOO.

One thing is saying “I was ignorant regarding the symptoms my child was displaying, I was unable to access the severity of her condition and if I had known she was in such a life threatening situation, I would’ve called 911 much earlier”.

And a whole different thing is trying to manipulate the public opinion, to blame DSS, the County, the EMTs, the medical personnel, etc, to see the child is suffering and just ignore it and not ask for adequate medical help in a timely manner.

They only called 911 when it was pretty obvious that Evanna was not breathing. If she was able to hold on for longer, they would’ve just let her suffer even more.

I would like to know what they were doing to help her from the moment she started showing symptoms and complaining up until the point she was dead. They claim they don’t even take aspirin so was this child given any sort of medication to give her some relief? Where they elevating her feet/ankles/legs to help with the swelling? Or did they just pretend nothing was happening and left her to fend for herself?

She was a 12-year-old LITTLE GIRL. The pictures show a tiny girl, skinny, with dark circles around her eyes, pale. Her arms and legs were so skinny, it’s impossible they didn’t notice the swelling and if they didn’t they are 100% neglectful.

As a parent, you have the responsibility to pay attention to your children and their health.

The family has been portraying themselves for almost a year as educated individuals, who eat healthy foods, who are active, who are very concerned with the type of media the children consume but then, they start contradicting themselves about all of that.

I have been going through their posts, and the contradictions in posts they posted on the SAME DAY are clearly there, so I’m curious to see the contradictions comparing the newest post to the first few long posts they shared on their Facebook page.

Oh the calumny! Remember how the family kept saying it was DSS Commissioner Gibson who was responsible for taking Evanna off life support? Well, that just changed. According to the family now it was an ex-employee of the DA's office. Seems like a lot of "facts" have changed recently. And they wonder why we question the posts? MOO.

BBM

I suspect he has insisted and has been ignored. He is a very experienced attorney. I wonder when he will quit. Of course, at this point he is only defending the parents, who have not posted on SM apparently. He can claim that the posts on the T-B FB page were not authorized by them, that their daughter is posting without their consent and that the posts do not reflect their viewpoint.
JMO

Are the parents providing some of the information to the daughter? Could they have obtained a court order that would prevent the daughter from posting? She is not helping them. MOO

Are the parents providing some of the information to the daughter? Could they have obtained a court order that would prevent the daughter from posting? She is not helping them. MOO
It looks like it’s a group effort.

Meaning, I doubt it’s really just the daughter posting there.

Lately I’ve been feeling like it’s actually not Venuska writing those long posts, but she’s acting as the spokesperson for the whole family.

BBM

JMO
I can not imagine that their lawyer is happy about their word vomit on their page...especially when they're naming names and accusing the head of cps of inappropriate behavior with a 12 year old (I imagine has been deleted) and then intimating that he's been alone with their 12 year old and she's acting "funny" ... on the other hand the page is a gift that keeps on giving to the prosecution

LOL the CPR trained guy on Chatham Community Board ... who didn't bother to perform cpr on the child not breathing... is now also threatening to sue anyone that questions him, is saying his life is in danger, and we and this site have been reported to the feds because his comment got deleted .... there is not enough head desk

I can not imagine that their lawyer is happy about their word vomit on their page...especially when they're naming names and accusing the head of cps of inappropriate behavior with a 12 year old (I imagine has been deleted) and then intimating that he's been alone with their 12 year old and she's acting "funny" ... on the other hand the page is a gift that keeps on giving to the prosecution
Believe it or not that post is still up, creepy and calumnious as it is. ;) IMO their attorney either doesn't care what they post or has tried to stop them and can't.

IMO the manslaughter case will be determined mainly by the inaction of Evanna's parents (and family) to seek medical attention. But their social media may also play a role at trial. Remember how the prosecution entered Ross Harris' social media posts into evidence? Could happen here too IMO.

Believe it or not that post is still up, creepy and calumnious as it is. ;) IMO their attorney either doesn't care what they post or has tried to stop them and can't.

IMO the manslaughter case will be determined mainly by the inaction of Evanna's parents (and family) to seek medical attention. But their social media may also play a role at trial. Remember how the prosecution entered Ross Harris' social media posts into evidence? Could happen here too IMO.

lol I didn't even check because it's legally actionable ...so I figured that...I assumed they... sorry I used common sense .. my bad

looking at the posts, the way they talk about this poor child, even the pictures... no one seemed to have time for her or just like her much... my heart just breaks for her... not to mention these kids seem so isolated .. one of the neighbors was saying that when anyone would walk outside the family would go in, they wouldn't talk to anyone ... it almost seems cultish

lol I didn't even check because it's legally actionable ...so I figured that...I assumed they... sorry I used common sense .. my bad

looking at the posts, the way they talk about this poor child, even the pictures... no one seemed to have time for her or just like her much... my heart just breaks for her... not to mention these kids seem so isolated .. one of the neighbors was saying that when anyone would walk outside the family would go in, they wouldn't talk to anyone ... it almost seems cultish

I agree, IMO the family displays some cult like behaviors. Including the cocooning the family from any outside influences ( Medical doctors) . Cult's have leaders, and IMO it was 'Papa' who was the ultimate authority and permission granter to go outside the protected walls of the family to seek assistance elsewhere. IMO, they all failed Evanna...but 'Papa' has some splainin' to do

I agree, IMO the family displays some cult like behaviors. Including the cocooning the family from any outside influences ( Medical doctors) . Cult's have leaders, and IMO it was 'Papa' who was the ultimate authority and permission granter to go outside the protected walls of the family to seek assistance elsewhere. IMO, they all failed Evanna...but 'Papa' has some splainin' to do

Yeah it seems like Papa is the leader and mama and adult sisters are the enforcers ... odd dynamic there

<modsnip>... now the family is claiming that anyone who doesn't believe their bs is promoting the abuse and slapping of their children. Seriously? Are they plugging for an insanity defense?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member