GUILTY NY - Evanna Tranberg-Bennett, 12, died, parents failed to get her medical care, 6 Dec 2019 Probation

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
All that nonsense and not one single word about Evanna. I think they are intentionally trying to get people all swept away in their emotional whirlwind, hoping that we'll forget that they killed their daughter through negligence.

MOO.

It makes no sense to me. The DA is investigating and prosecuting a crime. DSS is investigating the welfare of the children. The children's court appointed attorneys represent their interests - as alleged victims of crimes (vis a vis the DA) and as alleged victims of child neglect (vis a vis DSS). Lawyers for witnesses or victims often cooperate with the DA because it is in the interests of their child clients to do so.

I can see where a lay person may be confused or think it inappropriate where the lawyer for a third party is cooperating with the DA if they (incorrectly) think the third party must stay completely neutral. For example, it would be really weird for a defense lawyer to help the prosecution in any case. You wouldn't expect the defense to do any thing beyond professional courtesy or something that was in the interests of their clients to help the prosecution. But a third party does not have that exact adversarial relationship, particularly when the third party's lawyer has reason to believe the defendants may actually be endangering the third party.
I wonder why their attorney isn't explaining the role of the children's attorney(s) to them. From their posts it seems like they believe Ms. Joern is only obligated to fight to get the children returned to their respective parents. If I understand correctly her role is to make sure that the children are protected and must act according to the facts of the case. I'm sure she takes the parents' and children's wishes into consideration but she also has to consider what's in the children's best interests.

Of course right now we don't even know who Mr. Sussman will be representing or whether he'll be involved in both the DSS and the criminal cases.

https://www.childwelfare.gov/pubPDFs/cwandcourts.pdf
How Child Protective Hearings Work — Center for New York City Affairs
Neglect and Abuse | NYCOURTS.GOV

I wonder why their attorney isn't explaining the role of the children's attorney(s) to them. From their posts it seems like they believe Ms. Joern is only obligated to fight to get the children returned to their respective parents. If I understand correctly her role is to make sure that the children are protected and must act according to the facts of the case. I'm sure she takes the parents' and children's wishes into consideration but she also has to consider what's in the children's best interests.

Of course right now we don't even know who Mr. Sussman will be representing or whether he'll be involved in both the DSS and the criminal cases.

https://www.childwelfare.gov/pubPDFs/cwandcourts.pdf
How Child Protective Hearings Work — Center for New York City Affairs
Neglect and Abuse | NYCOURTS.GOV

I imagine he's probably explained it, and told them to stop posting and to remove certain posts specifically .. .they don't listen .. .or turn it into what they want to hear

As I have said before... I have been “watching this” from the beginning... All kinds of posts and have “facts” have changed over the past year. Nothing makes sense about the TB fb writer making accusations and threatening to sue anyone who crosses their path. I’m viscerally and genuinely feeling worried about what happens next. It can’t get worse, right?

As I have said before... I have been “watching this” from the beginning... All kinds of posts and have “facts” have changed over the past year. Nothing makes sense about the TB fb writer making accusations and threatening to sue anyone who crosses their path. I’m viscerally and genuinely feeling worried about what happens next. It can’t get worse, right?

I agree with your worry, having also watched this from the beginning. When people invest so much in being “right,” not “losing” and blaming and threatening others, as if their whole identity/existence is at stake, it’s a recipe for disaster IMO. I hope it doesn’t get worse, but I’m braced for it.
JMO

IMO from an earlier comment re: lifestyle etc **HAD THEY NOT WRITTEN ANYTHING EXCEPT show all the family photos of children & made it nothing more than an online tribute to Evanna & her siblings/nephews/nieces - NO ONE would have questioned ANYTHING-FAR MORE would be supporting but they ONLY are to blame! no one would know the gossip they complained about etc (besides their BFF & work friends).As for their being in the community- Not a photo on instagram/FB & zero community interaction. Even their supporter & his praying GF didn’t know them beforehand! Ms Goat & her kids WS commentator (common used phrase meaning Greatest of All Time?) has seen them all over when not 1 person locally outside of their work/home has ever mentioned them. Even the homeschooler family didn’t know them beforehand.
I also noticed the lack of Evanna being in all the photos of kids playing B/11 yr old sister either. Using fresh eyes... the whole page has never been about Evanna... go just browse photos again. it Isn’t about other kids either as Venuska chose to let them stay in foster care & refused the standard statements for visitation For MONTHS! Seems like preponderance of evidence for arrest of reckless disregard aka manslaughter when they haven’t showed CURRENT regard for their kids EXCEPT to do the opposite of everything to get them back! (how awful was it when they said there was zero they regret at all about any action they did re evanna?!)

Last edited:
IMO can a judge order that they stop publicly discussing the case?
YES THEY CAN and I AM & continue to remain disgusted that he hasn’t! EDIT** Wow... You just helped launch an epiphany for me- My own case (dss never in foster care and not criminal investigation) very early on (2nd month) judge issued a Gag order once the party I accused of “corruption” came— a media frenzy would have ensured: Hence no gag order here as judge knows it’s ridiculous IMO (also why MSM doesn’t care either for Tranberg-Bennett claims)

Last edited:
IMO can a judge order that they stop publicly discussing the case?
Yes, the judge can issue a gag order. Typically, one of the parties would need to request it though. Prosecution is, I'm sure, loving all the changing stories and wouldn't have much incentive to ask. The defense... Well, I've never heard of an attorney asking the court to gag his own clients. The children's attorney could, and probably should since they are insinuating sexual abuse while in the state's care.

Probably no one cares because they aren't getting any media attention.

Yes, the judge can issue a gag order. Typically, one of the parties would need to request it though. Prosecution is, I'm sure, loving all the changing stories and wouldn't have much incentive to ask. The defense... Well, I've never heard of an attorney asking the court to gag his own clients. The children's attorney could, and probably should since they are insinuating sexual abuse while in the state's care.

Probably no one cares because they aren't getting any media attention.
Yes, this case is not receiving national attention and is only known locally because the family has made it that way. There is probably no need for a gag order at this point.

In the end all the evidence will be presented in court. If the children were taken away unjustly, they will be returned to their parents.

People can do their own research if they want to know who was involved in past corruption but it doesn't necessarily mean it happened in this case.

IMO from an earlier comment re: lifestyle etc **HAD THEY NOT WRITTEN ANYTHING EXCEPT show all the family photos of children & made it nothing more than an online tribute to Evanna & her siblings/nephews/nieces - NO ONE would have questioned ANYTHING-FAR MORE would be supporting but they ONLY are to blame! no one would know the gossip they complained about etc (besides their BFF & work friends).As for their being in the community- Not a photo on instagram/FB & zero community interaction. Even their supporter & his praying GF didn’t know them beforehand! Ms Goat & her kids WS commentator (common used phrase meaning Greatest of All Time?) has seen them all over when not 1 person locally outside of their work/home has ever mentioned them. Even the homeschooler family didn’t know them beforehand.
I also noticed the lack of Evanna being in all the photos of kids playing B/11 yr old sister either. Using fresh eyes... the whole page has never been about Evanna... go just browse photos again. it Isn’t about other kids either as Venuska chose to let them stay in foster care & refused the standard statements for visitation For MONTHS! Seems like preponderance of evidence for arrest of reckless disregard aka manslaughter when they haven’t showed CURRENT regard for their kids EXCEPT to do the opposite of everything to get them back! (how awful was it when they said there was zero they regret at all about any action they did re evanna?!)
YES!!!
Bam!!!

If the family is going to post, why not just post on the top? Why do I have to dig around and see if they have buried a new post. They do it all the time...
Lol, how true! It's gotten so bad that they actually posted a comment under one of their posts that was identical to their original post!

Seriously though, I'm with @Moreack and @Lilibet in being a little nervous about the family's deep investment in their battle with DSS and the court. We've seen other cases here where a parent made a poor choice in order to prevent a partner or the state from taking their child.

The family's vitriolic reaction to the grandmother's petition for custody IMO indicates a mindset of "If I can't have them then neither will you." IYKWIM. Hopefully their concern for the children outweighs their compulsive need to "win" a possibly unwinnable war. MOO.

Lol, how true! It's gotten so bad that they actually posted a comment under one of their posts that was identical to their original post!

Seriously though, I'm with @Moreack and @Lilibet in being a little nervous about the family's deep investment in their battle with DSS and the court. We've seen other cases here where a parent made a poor choice in order to prevent a partner or the state from taking their child.

The family's vitriolic reaction to the grandmother's petition for custody IMO indicates a mindset of "If I can't have them then neither will you." IYKWIM. Hopefully their concern for the children outweighs their compulsive need to "win" a possibly unwinnable war. MOO.
I'm still confused as to who the grandparent is. Is it Evanna's grandparent or the other childrens? For some reason I got the idea that it was their son-in-law's mother.

Ugh, now the family is claiming that a 2008 scandal in Pennsylvania involving kickbacks to a judge for assigning juveniles to a specific for-profit institution is solid proof that Columbia county New York government is corrupt. Huh? This even surpasses their straw man argument that one commits child abuse if they don't believe the family's unsubstantiated stories. I hope the court orders psyche evals for the adults as IMO something is very wrong with their thinking. MOO.

Ugh, now the family is claiming that a 2008 scandal in Pennsylvania involving kickbacks to a judge for assigning juveniles to a specific for-profit institution is solid proof that Columbia county New York government is corrupt. Huh? This even surpasses their straw man argument that one commits child abuse if they don't believe the family's unsubstantiated stories. I hope the court orders psyche evals for the adults as IMO something is very wrong with their thinking. MOO.

I agree! And I believe we have two whole weeks to wait for the judges decision and therefore more of these IMO bizarre claims will be added.

I agree! And I believe we have two whole weeks to wait for the judges decision and therefore more of these IMO bizarre claims will be added.
Maybe in some ways that's a good thing as it may attract DSS' attention to possible psychological dysfunction that otherwise might be overlooked.

I know the family keeps saying they're not vegans but there's no evidence whatsoever in their social media that they eat any animal products. In fact they have articles posted on their House of Macrobiotics FB and elsewhere about the health dangers of eating meat, dairy, eggs, etc.

IMO, which is based on scientific studies, a plant-based diet is quite beneficial but needs close attention to nutritional needs. Is it possible that the adults' particular diet/lifestyle choices are impacting their mental health? MOO of course. But given that the well-being of 7 minor children is at stake IMO every aspect should be thoroughly investigated.
The Vegan Brain
How a vegan diet could affect your intelligence

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members