NY - Ex-President Donald Trump, charged with 34 criminal counts of falsifying business records, Apr 2023, Trial 25 Mar 2024 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, it appears you may have missed the letter from Cohen's attorney to the FEC. In that letter, the attorney representing Cohen says Cohen made the hush payment of his own accord without Trump knowing. The letter you cited from the FEC was written more than three years after Cohen informed the FEC via his attorney that the hush payment was his decision. Solely. We know by the time the letter you cite was written that Cohen was already in trouble with the law, which could be why he changed his story. That has yet to be determined but it will come up, I suspect. MOO

Did Cohen lie? Obviously, because all the stories he told cannot be factual.

Will Trump's taxes come into this?

Who knows? Maybe. I'm not sure if they'd actually be relevant since tax returns wouldn't reflect hush money payments. They would--Schedule C--list a cumulative amount for legal expenses, which the reimbursed hush money amount would likely be included in. That would be taxes for the year, 2017, the year the payments were reimbursed.

As far as Trump's signature on the checks, MOO, but I'd hazard a guess they're stamps. Signature stamps are quite common. I didn't see copies of those checks, but we know they exist.

I still see no path to a conviction here. Only time will tell, but based on what's out there now, that's my guess as to the way it will go.

And the audio chat between Trump and Cohen discussing hushing her up has been posted and linked for yu here today too.

Perhaps you should take some time to read people's responses.

We already know Cohen initially lied (to protect Trump), was charged, convicted and jailed.

They've got sgned cheques, they've got Trump & Cohen discussing the plot on tape and now, they've got his taxes. That stuff IS out there now for those who choose not to ignore those facts.

I was just looking through Trump's Truth Social and it does look like he is refraining from attacking the judge and DA. He is still whining about the case and ranting and raving about anything as usual, but he is not mentioning them anymore which is good.

Maybe the judge or the reality of the situation got through to him, he has never been in this position before, where he is not in control. He did behave like a normal person at the arraignment. And his new lawyer Todd Blanche is apparently a serious and good attorney with the right experience for this case, iow not one of the lightweights he's been using lately. That's good too because wouldn't want anyone to be able to blame bad lawyering if he loses.

I was just looking through Trump's Truth Social and it does look like he is refraining from attacking the judge and DA. He is still whining about the case and ranting and raving about anything as usual, but he is not mentioning them anymore which is good.

Maybe the judge or the reality of the situation got through to him, he has never been in this position before, where he is not in control. He did behave like a normal person at the arraignment. And his new lawyer Todd Blanche is apparently a serious and good attorney with the right experience for this case, iow not one of the lightweights he's been using lately. That's good too because wouldn't want anyone to be able to blame bad lawyering if he loses.
That's his M.O. isn't it? Use hateful rhetoric to fire up his cult and then step aside and let them fire off all the threats of violence at the DA and the Judge? Pulled from the playbook of Jan. 6th.

ADMIN NOTE:

Questioning or challenging moderation on the public thread is not allowed and is subject to an automatic Time Out.

Mods or Admin should not have to publicly explain every action that is taken or decision that is made, but here's one:

The decision to not allow Washington Times as a source was not based on left vs right, or positioning of right/center vs left/center. It is notes like this that resulted in the decision:

Although the Washington Times has an extreme right editorial bias, they report straight news with a much lower bias. Therefore, we rate them right-center biased overall. We also rate them Questionable and factually mixed due to poor sourcing, holding editorial positions contrary to scientific consensus, and numerous failed fact checks.

Reasoning: Numerous Failed Fact Checks, Poor Sourcing, Lack of Transparency
Bias Rating: RIGHT-CENTER
Factual Reporting: MIXED
Press Freedom Rating: MOSTLY FREE
Media Type: Newspaper
Traffic/Popularity: High Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: LOW CREDIBILITY

We try to moderate in as unbiased a fashion as possible. And NO, how we make a decision on one publication does not automatically carry over to how we review other publications. It is not based on Mod or Admin bias; it is based on the individual publication and is not a willy-nilly, cookie cutter method of making such determinations.

Hope that clarifies. Any other concerns in that regard, Report to ask your question.

Sillybilly
WS Administrator

This is well known, Trump always aspired to be accepted by Manhattan elite society but was only seen as an example of the crassness of the nouveau riche.
The New Yorkers being interviewed on the streets supporting him, his NY base voters, are exactly the people he has tried to separate himself from his entire life.

This is well known, Trump always aspired to be accepted by Manhattan elite society but was only seen as an example of the crassness of the nouveau riche.
The New Yorkers being interviewed on the streets supporting him, his NY base voters, are exactly the people he has tried to separate himself from his entire life.
He hasn't requested Queens, for a change of venue, gee, I wonder why? LOL

Former President Trump released a dramatic campaign video on Friday, featuring footage of his widely watched arrest this week over hush money payments and again cast himself as a victim of investigators.

In the 56-second ad, posted to Donald Trump Jr.'s Twitter page and emailed to supporters by the campaign, sleek footage of the former president traveling to court is played over cinematic music and Trump's voiceover.

Russia's “merchant of death”- international arms dealer Viktor Bout— offered Donald Trump asylum in Russia saying that he believes the former president's life is in danger if he remains in the United States. In an interview on a Russian state-TV channel, Viktor Bout said that he had sent a telegram to Donald Trump warning him of threat to his life and urging him to flee to Russia.

Viktor Bout, a convicted Russian arms dealer, said, “The legal process which has now begun in New York won't just end in Donald Trump being convicted and barred from the [2024] election.”

“Most likely he will simply be eliminated there. Therefore, I think it's in the best interests of all of humanity and primarily all of the American people to invite Donald Trump here, to Russia, to give him security and protection here so that he leads this uprising against the globalists and, most importantly, does not allow the elimination of the American people,” he added.

Former President Trump released a dramatic campaign video on Friday, featuring footage of his widely watched arrest this week over hush money payments and again cast himself as a victim of investigators.

In the 56-second ad, posted to Donald Trump Jr.'s Twitter page and emailed to supporters by the campaign, sleek footage of the former president traveling to court is played over cinematic music and Trump's voiceover.
Par for the course. :rolleyes:

Russia's “merchant of death”- international arms dealer Viktor Bout— offered Donald Trump asylum in Russia saying that he believes the former president's life is in danger if he remains in the United States. In an interview on a Russian state-TV channel, Viktor Bout said that he had sent a telegram to Donald Trump warning him of threat to his life and urging him to flee to Russia.

Viktor Bout, a convicted Russian arms dealer, said, “The legal process which has now begun in New York won't just end in Donald Trump being convicted and barred from the [2024] election.”

“Most likely he will simply be eliminated there. Therefore, I think it's in the best interests of all of humanity and primarily all of the American people to invite Donald Trump here, to Russia, to give him security and protection here so that he leads this uprising against the globalists and, most importantly, does not allow the elimination of the American people,” he added.
I think he should go-

APR 7, 2023
An April 4 Facebook post (direct link, archived link) from Eric Trump makes a claim about Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg.

"Alvin Bragg has shut down the entire city, called up 38,000 NYPD police officers, closed down FDR Drive and is spending an estimated $200 million of city funds, all for a $130,000 NDA," reads the post. "I never thought I would see this corruption in the United States."

The post generated over 700 shares in less than a week. Former President Donald Trump shared a similar post on Truth Social, which generated over 50,000 likes.

[...]

Our rating: False​

The post misrepresents both what happened and Bragg’s role in city operations. Bragg did not order New York City to be shut down, and that didn't happen. The New York Police Department did close a part of FDR Drive, but this was not on Bragg’s order. Bragg does not oversee the NYPD and has no authority to call up officers. There's no proof the $200 million figure is correct.

[...]

Fabien Levy, press secretary for New York City Mayor Eric Adams, told USA TODAY that “both Trumps completely fabricated these numbers without any actual information.”

[...]

GOP Senator Lindsey Graham fought back tears while begging Fox News viewers to donate money to Donald Trump’s 2024 presidential campaign following his arrest.

During an emotional appearance on Sean Hannity’s eponymous program Hannity on Tuesday night, the South Carolina senator begged viewers to donate money to Trump’s campaign to ensure the United States does “not become a banana republic.”

“We got one last chance here to straighten this out,” Graham said in an appearance on “Hannity,” adding, “2024 is the most important election in my lifetime. America is literally at stake as we know it.”

“Please help President Trump,” he continued. “If you can afford 5 or 10 bucks, if you can’t afford a dollar, fine. Just pray. Make sure you vote as early as you can in your state. Don’t risk anything anymore. Vote as soon as you can. Pray for this country, pray for this president, and if you got any money to give, give it.”

Video:

South Carolina Senator Lindsey Graham addressed the public requests for donations during his press conference.

Trump "has spent millions of dollars defending against every kind of lawsuit on demand, all kinds of criminal investigations, and I think from a Republican point of view, that if you believe in President Trump, you should take some of the burden off of him" by donating, Graham said, per The State.

George Ajjan, an international political strategist, told Newsweek that Graham's public pleas will have little effect on Trump's case. "Unfortunately for Republicans, the tempest in a teapot surrounding Bragg's indictment of the former president exposes the extent to which conservative ideology continues to take a back seat to Trump's personal considerations," Ajjan said.

"Conservatives rightfully cite the 9th and 10th Amendments as a means of preventing big city liberals from ramming a woke agenda down the throats of their kids. But the inverse also applies—Manhattanites elected their own district attorney without the input of red states."

He added, "Lindsay Graham ought to wipe away his tears and move to New York to run against Bragg to avenge Trump, but until then, it's put up or shut up."

APR 7, 2023
An April 4 Facebook post (direct link, archived link) from Eric Trump makes a claim about Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg.

"Alvin Bragg has shut down the entire city, called up 38,000 NYPD police officers, closed down FDR Drive and is spending an estimated $200 million of city funds, all for a $130,000 NDA," reads the post. "I never thought I would see this corruption in the United States."

The post generated over 700 shares in less than a week. Former President Donald Trump shared a similar post on Truth Social, which generated over 50,000 likes.

[...]

Our rating: False​

The post misrepresents both what happened and Bragg’s role in city operations. Bragg did not order New York City to be shut down, and that didn't happen. The New York Police Department did close a part of FDR Drive, but this was not on Bragg’s order. Bragg does not oversee the NYPD and has no authority to call up officers. There's no proof the $200 million figure is correct.

[...]

Fabien Levy, press secretary for New York City Mayor Eric Adams, told USA TODAY that “both Trumps completely fabricated these numbers without any actual information.”

[...]
Trump and his family just make up whatever lie they feel like making and his cult followers believe it. SMH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1