GUILTY NY - Ex-President Donald Trump, charged with 34 criminal counts of falsifying business records, Apr 2023, Trial 25 Mar 2024 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
3m ago

Trump says 'I'm an innocent man' after guilty verdict​

Donald Trump has been speaking to reporters after the jury found him guilty on all 34 counts.

“This was a disgrace,” the former president said.

This was a rigged trial by a conflicted judge who was corrupt. It’s a rigged trial, a disgrace.

'This is long from over'​

Trump says he will "keep fighting until the end".

The former president also lashes out at the court process, claiming he was unfairly treated.

"This is long from over," he says, before walking away without answering any questions.

Trump says verdict is a 'disgrace'​

1717104539845.jpeg
BBCCopyright: BBC

Donald Trump has emerged from court and is speaking to media.

He starts by saying: "This was a disgrace, this was a rigged trial".

I also hope that they all stay safe.

As for staying anonymous I wouldn't be surprised if at least one of them goes public and writes a book about this trial. JMO.
Maybe in like thirty years.

I also hope they keep anonymous unless they choose to go public. I feel like the little amount of info already out about them should be the hard limit of info given. I think tech savvy people could find out who they are easier than we may think. Let’s not give them any more clues!

3m ago

Trump says 'I'm an innocent man' after guilty verdict​

Donald Trump has been speaking to reporters after the jury found him guilty on all 34 counts.

“This was a disgrace,” the former president said.

Whatever. Talk to the hand, felon.

Imo.

Maybe in like thirty years.

I also hope they keep anonymous unless they choose to go public. I feel like the little amount of info already out about them should be the hard limit of info given. I think tech savvy people could find out who they are easier than we may think. Let’s not give them any more clues!
Thirty years to write a book? Sorry I disagree. JMO.

Those jurors are now going to make millions telling their story, I bet they already have interviews lined up.
I would continue to remain anonymous for the foreseeable future. There are extreme people with extreme views out there who could want to or try to do them real harm. Look at the death threats Merchan has been getting - Can you imagine what they would face?

Analysis

A devastating outcome, whatever Trump says​

Gary O'Donoghue
Senior North America correspondent

1717104613204.jpeg
ReutersCopyright: Reuters

Whatever Donald Trump says, this is a devastating outcome for the former president.

It's one thing being controversial and provocative, it's quite another being a convicted criminal.

There are of course upsides to this outcome; it will further invigorate his supporters and make them even more angry than they already are; it will also, if the past is a prologue, help the former president raise money, not just for his mounting legal fees but also for his campaign for president.

The downside is that in some of those key swing states in the Midwest and the Sun Belt, there are voters who will be unhappy about supporting a candidate with a criminal record and it doesn't take many of them to affect the outcome in some very tight contests.

BBM

3m ago

'The real verdict is going to be November 5,': Trump rails against 'rigged' trial​

Donald Trump, speaking to the cameras as he left the courtroom, said the “real verdict is going to be November 5 by the people”, referring to the presidential election.

This was a rigged, disgraceful trial. The real verdict is going to be November 5, by the people. They know what happened here, and everybody knows what happened here.
The convicted former US president said he is a “very innocent” man who is “fighting for our country” and “fighting for our constitution”.

“Our whole country is being rigged right now,” Trump claimed, blaming it on the Biden administration who he said wanted to “wound or hurt a political opponent”.

We’ll keep fighting. We’ll fight till the end, and we’ll win because our country’s gone to hell.
“This is long from over,” he concluded before leaving.

Analysis

A devastating outcome, whatever Trump says​

Gary O'Donoghue
Senior North America correspondent

View attachment 506908
ReutersCopyright: Reuters

Whatever Donald Trump says, this is a devastating outcome for the former president.

It's one thing being controversial and provocative, it's quite another being a convicted criminal.

There are of course upsides to this outcome; it will further invigorate his supporters and make them even more angry than they already are; it will also, if the past is a prologue, help the former president raise money, not just for his mounting legal fees but also for his campaign for president.

The downside is that in some of those key swing states in the Midwest and the Sun Belt, there are voters who will be unhappy about supporting a candidate with a criminal record and it doesn't take many of them to affect the outcome in some very tight contests.

BBM
I know I'm a little wet behind the ears, but can a convicted felon run for president? Honest question.

2m ago

Biden-Harris campaign: 'No one is above the law'​

The Biden-Harris campaign has said that the verdict shows that “no one is above the law”.

A statement from the campaign reads:

Donald Trump has always mistakenly believed he would never face consequences for breaking the law for his own personal gain. But today’s verdict does not change the fact that the American people face a simple reality. There is still only one way to keep Donald Trump out of the Oval Office: at the ballot box. Convicted felon or not, Trump will be the Republican nominee for president.
The threat Trump poses to our democracy has never been greater. He is running an increasingly unhinged campaign of revenge and retribution, pledging to be a dictator ‘on day one’ and calling for our Constitution to be ‘terminated’ so he can regain and keep power. A second Trump term means chaos, ripping away Americans’ freedoms and fomenting political violence – and the American people will reject it this November.

House speaker Mike Johnson says a 'shameful day in American history'​

Mike Johnson, the Republican speaker of the House, has also responded to the verdict, describing it as a “shameful day in American history”.

Johnson’s full statement reads:

Today is a shameful day in American history. Democrats cheered as they convicted the leader of the opposing party on ridiculous charges, predicated on the testimony of a disbarred, convicted felon. This was a purely political exercise, not a legal one.
The weaponization of our justice system has been a hallmark of the Biden Administration, and the decision today is further evidence that Democrats will stop at nothing to silence dissent and crush their political opponents.
The American people rightfully see this is lawfare, and they know it is—and dangerous. President Trump will rightfully appeal this absurd verdict—and he WILL WIN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper