GUILTY NY - Ex-President Donald Trump, charged with 34 criminal counts of falsifying business records, Apr 2023, Trial 25 Mar 2024 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

The moment former President Donald Trump was found guilty​

Kayla Epstein
Reporting from court

After several minutes of almost unbearable silence, the court officer’s voice rang out loud and clear though the courtroom.

She asked the jury to read the verdict. And in a steady, even tone, the foreman began.

As the wave of guilty verdicts washed over Donald Trump, he sat motionless at the defence table.

At each “guilty,” he did not flinch or react physically.

For those watcing on, it felt like the air had turned to stone.

I would continue to remain anonymous for the foreseeable future. There are extreme people with extreme views out there who could want to or try to do them real harm. Look at the death threats Merchan has been getting - Can you imagine what they would face?
I think it would be also be ethical to not try to cash in on this trial. We will see. JMO.

I expect it to be a movie or streaming series, it's a money maker. The jurors will be compensated. Personally I wish that it weren't going to happen. JMO

According to Sky News:

"If guilty, sentencing will come four to six weeks after the verdict.

He faces up to four years in prison, although legal experts expect the former president to avoid jail time."

I think it would be also be ethical to not try to cash in on this trial. We will see. JMO.
agree about the ethical consideration, but I always tend to believe that. It makes me uncomfortable when jurors go on to later profit from performing their civic duty.

In murder trials I do like to hear what jurors have to say afterwards via interviews, but in this instance, I hope they quietly go on with their lives and leave this chapter behind them.

Trump fundraising email asks: 'Is this the end of America?'​

1717105298165.jpeg
BBCCopyright: BBC

Within a few minutes of being convicted, Donald Trump's Truth Social account was posting fundraising requests.

"I AM A POLITICAL PRISONER," the post says, repeating a common accusation from Trump.

"If you can afford to help me FIGHT BACK at this pivotal moment, please DONATE!" the link reads.

His campaign has also sent out an email, which asks "Is this the end of America?"

"I was just convicted in a RIGGED political Witch Hunt trial: I DID NOTHING WRONG!"
The email also asks for campaign donations: "But with your support at this moment in history, WE WILL WIN BACK THE WHITE HOUSE AND MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!"

2m ago

Trump claims to be a 'political prisoner' as he fundraises off of verdict​

Donald Trump’s campaign was quick to fundraise off the back of the guilty verdict, sending out an email to supporters within minutes of the news.

The email headline reads:

BREAKING FROM TRUMP: I AM A POLITICAL PRISONER!
It goes on to ask the recipient if “this is the end of America?” before saying that Trump has been convicted “in a RIGGED political Witch Hunt trial: I DID NOTHING WRONG!”

The fundraising email continues:

They’ve raided my home, arrested me, took my mugshot, AND NOW THEY’VE JUST CONVICTED ME!
But with your support at this moment in history, WE WILL WIN BACK THE WHITE HOUSE AND MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!

TRUMP: this was a rigged disgraceful trial the real verdict wil be November 5th

very reminisent of his speech back when he lost the office of president - rinse lather repeat rigged
I’m not sure he is capable of telling the truth or following laws. He has been excoriating the Judge all day. Calling him corrupt. He is so stupid. I’m embarrassed I have friends who voted for him last time.

House speaker Mike Johnson says a 'shameful day in American history'​

Mike Johnson, the Republican speaker of the House, has also responded to the verdict, describing it as a “shameful day in American history”.

Johnson’s full statement reads:

Hey Mike, why do you hate the jurors so much?

I will not speak on the matter of the jurors who have done their duty in this case. But IIUC the former president, now convicted, has used events surrounding this case and trial to raise money on his behalf? MOO

April 30, 2024 politico article by Jessica Piper and Lisa Kashinsky entitled: "Trump quickly funds off judge's contempt ruling in hush money case":

ETA: see also post 766 just entered above.

Last edited:

Trump fundraising email asks: 'Is this the end of America?'​

View attachment 506912
BBCCopyright: BBC

Within a few minutes of being convicted, Donald Trump's Truth Social account was posting fundraising requests.

"I AM A POLITICAL PRISONER," the post says, repeating a common accusation from Trump.

"If you can afford to help me FIGHT BACK at this pivotal moment, please DONATE!" the link reads.

His campaign has also sent out an email, which asks "Is this the end of America?"

"I was just convicted in a RIGGED political Witch Hunt trial: I DID NOTHING WRONG!"
The email also asks for campaign donations: "But with your support at this moment in history, WE WILL WIN BACK THE WHITE HOUSE AND MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!"

2m ago

Trump claims to be a 'political prisoner' as he fundraises off of verdict​

Donald Trump’s campaign was quick to fundraise off the back of the guilty verdict, sending out an email to supporters within minutes of the news.

The email headline reads:

It goes on to ask the recipient if “this is the end of America?” before saying that Trump has been convicted “in a RIGGED political Witch Hunt trial: I DID NOTHING WRONG!”

The fundraising email continues:

Always grifting.

The funny thing is that you know his fundraising team already had the "guilty" post ready to ask for cash long before the actual verdicts were read.

Imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member