GUILTY NY - Ex-President Donald Trump, charged with 34 criminal counts of falsifying business records, Apr 2023, Trial 25 Mar 2024 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

Judge denies motion to acquit charges​

Madeline Halpert
Reporting from court

Todd Blanche, Trump's lead lawyer, tells Justice Merchan there is "no reason that the court should allow the verdict" because of Michael Cohen's testimony.

He says "perjury was committed" - claiming Cohen lied on the stand.

Justice Merchan then denies their motion to move for an acquittal of charges.

Sentencing date set for 11 July​

Judge Juan Merchan sets sentencing for July 11 at 10am ET.

Trump lawyer Todd Blanche had asked Merchan that sentencing be set for mid or late July, because his lawyers now have to pivot to pre-trial hearings in Donald Trump’s other criminal case, the classified documents case in Florida.

Trump will be sentenced on 11 July​

Madeline Halpert
Reporting from court

Both teams of lawyers have approached the bench.

Donald Trump continues to sit still with his lips pursed at the defence table alone.
Trump's team is requesting a date of mid to late July for sentencing because of a conflict with another court hearing in Florida.

Prosecutors do not object.

Sentencing will take place on 11 July at 10:00 local time (15:00 BST) and the court will order a probation report for Trump, Merchan says.

TRUMP: this was a rigged disgraceful trial the real verdict wil be November 5th

very reminisent of his speech back when he lost the office of president - rinse lather repeat rigged

Indeed. Can we take a moment to recognize these ordinary people tasked with such a historic decision. I hope they will remain safe and anonymous.
I also hope that they all stay safe.

As for staying anonymous I wouldn't be surprised if at least one of them goes public and writes a book about this trial. JMO.

Finally after all his acts of corruption, he is being held accountable for his actions!!
I love that he had to stand at attention as the guilty verdict was read,----
He can bloviate and rant and rave all he wants--- he has been deemed guilty!!!

Trump criminal trial VERDICT:The jury finds the defendant GUILTY on the first count.The remaining counts are being recited.
Count 2: GUILTYCount 3: GUILTYCount 4: GUILTYCount 5: GUILTYCount 6: GUILTYCount 7: GUILTYCount 8: GUILTYCount 9: GUILTYCount 10: GUILTY

:D:D:D:D:D:D

Today is a great day in the history of verdicts. Within an hour of another, two horrible cult leaders convicted on all counts.

It's a verdictapalooza!

Finally after all his acts of corruption, he is being held accountable for his actions!!
I love that he had to stand at attention as the guilty verdict was read,----
He can bloviate and rant and rave all he wants--- he has been deemed guilty!!!"

"Bloviate" is such a perfect description. Thank you for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unique sky 6793