GUILTY NY - Fahim Saleh, 33, millionaire tech entrepreneur, dismembered, Manhattan, 15 July 2020 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The ninja description has me confused. Especially since the first report I read stated that the suspect was dressed in a suit. Maybe they meant that since the suspect was dressed in a manner that covered everything, and possibly head to toe in black, that it was "ninja" like?

Also, unless I missed it, was his head taken or does anyone know if all body parts remained?

I'm guessing the killer had something like gym bags or travel bags to take the parts when they left.

How awful. What a sight for his sister to have to discover.

OK I get the financial motive but WHY dismember the body. What does this say to criminal profilers?

Possibly two things:

1. Murderer is not very bright and simply thinks that no body means no evidence. No evidence then means no crime. No crime then means no prison time.... .

2. The murderer had a dual motive. In addition to the financial dispute, there is a great deal of personal animosity towards the victim. He then wants to further insult the victim (total destruction and will not even be given a proper burial).

The ninja description has me confused. Especially since the first report I read stated that the suspect was dressed in a suit. Maybe they meant that since the suspect was dressed in a manner that covered everything, and possibly head to toe in black, that it was "ninja" like?

Also, unless I missed it, was his head taken or does anyone know if all body parts remained?

I'm guessing the killer had something like gym bags or travel bags to take the parts when they left.

How awful. What a sight for his sister to have to discover.

I would feel mighty uncomfortable with the fact that the elevator goes straight into the apartments. You never know who else lives in the building, nor whether residents have guests who could be iffy. Was there no security guard in the lobby? Do residents have a key to the building...and if so, how did this killer get in?
I assume the killer got out through the stairs, fire escape? I wonder if he had a vehicle parked, and if there's surveillance video.
Does the building have an underground garage? If so, how accessed?

"A man dressed in all black -- who, according to police, is suspected to be Saleh's assailant -- is seen in the video entering the elevator with him, according to the official. The elevator in Saleh's building goes straight into the apartment units there, the source said."

Fahim Saleh, 33-year-old CEO of Gokada, found dismembered in a New York apartment - CNN

And if the camera caught him collapsing wasn't anyone watching? Wouldn't security go or send someone to assist him?
That’s what I thought. In a 2.2mill $ apartment the least they can have is security checking cctv.
I am suprised the perp has got into the building in the first place. Also, how did he know the sister Was coming up via the lift? Did he get a warning? Or was it solely due to she pressed the buzzer and he fled just incase she would come up?
But if the timeline is accurate, he had over 24hours to murder, dismember and clean up, why was he only in the middle of it after so much time had already passed? It’s all very strange. Lots of questions.

That's incredibly odd if he had the 24 hours -- which has me thinking the person was trying to either gain information from him or was looking for something. Definitely not that professional for sure.

That's incredibly odd if he had the 24 hours -- which has me thinking the person was trying to either gain information from him or was looking for something. Definitely not that professional for sure.
Since there was very little blood, maybe the killer waited for rigor mortis to take effect? Ugh, I don't know. I'd think there would still be a lot of blood if dismembered immediately after killed.

Since there was very little blood, maybe the killer waited for rigor mortis to take effect? Ugh, I don't know. I'd think there would still be a lot of blood if dismembered immediately after killed.
Wow you could be right about that! A “professional” would sure know that too, and would explain the lack of blood found at the scene. Nonetheless It’s still extremely risky, the perp waiting in the victims own apartment for 24 hours plus with his dead body. It’s very strange indeed.

found this:
Do corpses bleed?
For one thing, the dead normally can't bleed for very long. Livor mortis, when blood settles to the lowest part of the body, begins soon after death, and the blood is “set” within about six hours, says A.J. Scudiere, a forensic scientist

Murdered Manhattan tech millionaire was being sued over PrankDial app | Daily Mail Online

Interesting tidbit:

At the time of his death, he was being sued by a former prison guard turned criminal who was jailed for using his app PrankDial to secretly record and listen to employees' phone calls.

He founded the app in 2015.

The app let Kirk Eady, the former deputy director of Hudson County Correctional Facility, place a call between two employees without them knowing he was behind it, then listen to whatever they said.

He listened to their complaints about him and about their jobs then retaliated against them in the workplace, according to prosecutors.

He was jailed for 15 months and in 2017, sued Saleh for fraud, claiming the app made him think what he was doing was legal.

It might depend on their profession where all this was done on purpose. If he was alive during much of this it sounds like what was done to Kiki Camarena who was an undercover DEA agent who was tortured by drug lords over about 30 hours with him being given drugs to keep him awake during torture. The drug lords knew exactly what they were doing and their motive was for a drug raid that shut down a major operation with them pinning him as the rat. I'm not in any way suggesting Saleh was in the drug business, just that things like this can be planned by monied interests as part of a professional operation.

Body of Fahim Saleh found dismembered in multi-million dollar condo in New York City
''A woman, who says she is best friends with the victim, said police found the body inside the $2.4 million condo after a neighbor heard screaming and "loud noises" on Monday.

She said the neighbor called the victim's sister who checked on him and found his dismembered body in his condo.

His limbs and head were stuffed in bags in the living room.''

''Inside the man's living room, sources say it appeared the killer worked hard to cover their tracks, but was perhaps interrupted or got spooked before getting rid of the evidence''.

So hypothetically, the guy mentioned above wanted revenge. This attack has “personal” written all over it.

Now, the question is if he did it himself, or if he hired someone to do it. Killing this man wouldn’t magically win his lawsuit against him, and I’m confident he’s smart enough to know that.

So if you want revenge that badly, wouldn’t you do it yourself?

But, wouldn’t Saleh recognize him in the elevator?

Thoughts?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back