GUILTY NY - Fahim Saleh, 33, millionaire tech entrepreneur, dismembered, Manhattan, 15 July 2020 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This also reminds me of the Derman's (?) in the Carolinas where the husband was decapitated in his garage and the head is missing. The wife was drowned. JMO This is very personal in my opinion, I think he was tortured for hours before he was killed.

It does happen, like this is what was done to an undercover DEA agent where he was tortured by a cartel leader for 30 hours because he cost the cartel a lot of money:
Kiki was held at 881 Lope de Vega in Guadalajara; this house was owned by Rafael Caro Quintero. Kiki was held against his will at this location for about three days. During this time Kiki was subjected to numerous torture techniques for over 30 hours. Quintero and others brutally assaulted Kiki over and over again. They crushed his skull, jaw, nose, and cheekbones by beating him with a combination of fists and a tire iron. They broke his ribs with numerous assaults to his mid-section. They were so brutal in their attack that they even drilled a hole in his head, and if that was not enough, they also tortured him with a cattle prod.

The torture that Kiki Camarena underwent was so intense that he passed out from the pain and almost died a few times during these torture sessions. Quintero was such a psychopath about the tortures that he ordered a cartel doctor to keep Kiki alive. “At that point, he administered lidocaine into his heart to keep him alert and awake during the torture,” (Jeunesse). Due to his numerous wounds from the torture, eventually Kiki could no longer be kept alive, and he died on February 9th, 1985.
Red Ribbon Week, Kiki, Camareno, Drugs, Killing, Torture, Trauma, Mexico | Danielle Rousseau

Nigeria is famous for it's corruption and Bangladesh also has problems with organized crime, so all it would take is some psycho organized crime leader who blamed Saleh for costing him money or who felt financially threatened by him. This for instance seems threatening in Nigeria:
A spokesman for the ruling party, All Progressives Congress, Joe Igbokwe hinted at the ban in a Facebook post on August 2019: “Instead of partnering with govt on BRT, you invested “5.3 million dollars” in okada business and expect that Lagos state will allow you jeopardise its muliti-billion (sic) naira mass transit investments.”
In Lagos, Gokada and MAX.ng riders take to the streets to protest “okada ban” | TechCabal
Now Saleh won't be allowed to jeopardise large mass transit investments and others in the Lagos okada business can take it as a warning.

Yeah, that's true. Of course it happens. Cartels and mobs do have their signature vendetta techniques and they kill certain way to make a point. But generally speaking, business gone wrong killings aren't conducted in such a fashion. If someone just wants another person dead, they don't usually cut them to pieces and torture them. It is rather uncommon.

It does happen, like this is what was done to an undercover DEA agent where he was tortured by a cartel leader for 30 hours because he cost the cartel a lot of money:
Kiki was held at 881 Lope de Vega in Guadalajara; this house was owned by Rafael Caro Quintero. Kiki was held against his will at this location for about three days. During this time Kiki was subjected to numerous torture techniques for over 30 hours. Quintero and others brutally assaulted Kiki over and over again. They crushed his skull, jaw, nose, and cheekbones by beating him with a combination of fists and a tire iron. They broke his ribs with numerous assaults to his mid-section. They were so brutal in their attack that they even drilled a hole in his head, and if that was not enough, they also tortured him with a cattle prod.

The torture that Kiki Camarena underwent was so intense that he passed out from the pain and almost died a few times during these torture sessions. Quintero was such a psychopath about the tortures that he ordered a cartel doctor to keep Kiki alive. “At that point, he administered lidocaine into his heart to keep him alert and awake during the torture,” (Jeunesse). Due to his numerous wounds from the torture, eventually Kiki could no longer be kept alive, and he died on February 9th, 1985.
Red Ribbon Week, Kiki, Camareno, Drugs, Killing, Torture, Trauma, Mexico | Danielle Rousseau

Nigeria is famous for it's corruption and Bangladesh also has problems with organized crime, so all it would take is some psycho organized crime leader who blamed Saleh for costing him money or who felt financially threatened by him. This for instance seems threatening in Nigeria:
A spokesman for the ruling party, All Progressives Congress, Joe Igbokwe hinted at the ban in a Facebook post on August 2019: “Instead of partnering with govt on BRT, you invested “5.3 million dollars” in okada business and expect that Lagos state will allow you jeopardise its muliti-billion (sic) naira mass transit investments.”
In Lagos, Gokada and MAX.ng riders take to the streets to protest “okada ban” | TechCabal
Now Saleh won't be allowed to jeopardise large mass transit investments and others in the Lagos okada business can take it as a warning.

Also, it it was a hit, why follow him to his apartment? The chance of leaving behind witnesses as well as being caught on CCTV are astronomically high that way. Why not to just follow him at night, ambush him and then kill him? He was murdered at the most obvious location with the highest potential for the killer to leave clues behind. It's an apartment. It's a small space and the perfect place to fail hiding evidence in such a horrific crime.
I'm more inclined to believe something happened in the moment and the man who followed Fahim to the elevator attacked him.

Last edited:
May 24 2019 by Fahim Saleh
How to Start a Motorcycle Ridesharing Company in Nigeria

''I needed a name. Names always came easy to me. Okada.. okada.. okada.. Gokada.. ok that was easy. Now I needed a team. Was I really going to Nigeria, a country where I knew basically no one and set up shop alone? I didn’t have time to live in Nigeria for a while as I had in Bangladesh and network to find people. I had to use my online network. So I made this faithful post on LinkedIn:

1*xF65osLBjK3Ti6MOH50iEQ.png

1*xF65osLBjK3Ti6MOH50iEQ.png

''At first, not many responses. Comment here and there. Some tags from my friends. But then something started happening. The post skyrocketed in popularity but not for the reason you would expect. I asked that team members be educated abroad, a combination of what investors wanted and a more worldly view I believed the person would have. Nigerians didn’t like that.''
1*QIVe7sf4FQJVHXtmLj9v_Q.png

1*IVjbq91kq-aM5bqtoDDGlA.png

1*IVjbq91kq-aM5bqtoDDGlA.png

I was thinking about taking the post down until I realized this bad PR had a side effect — exposure. Although I received a lot of hate, I also reached more people that were receptive to my message.''

Well it's also possible that the dismemberment was carried out in order to dispose of him in an easier fashion. Any dismemberment was carried out after after the killing, at last 6 hours after since there was so little blood. He may have been murdered quickly, ...though the screams and noise are concerning.
Is there an incinerator chute in that building?

Wondering if someone as busy as FS might use dating sites like Tinder or possibly, Adam2Adam?
If the elevators go to the individual apartments, you might expect that Fahim would get out right away unless he was expecting to meet with someone.
speculation, imo.

To me it Sounds like he was tasered as he left the lift. Then he may have come round, possibly found himself tied up and that’s when the screaming happened. Do we know what day/time his neighbours heard these screams? He was seen leaving the elevator with the masked assailant at 1.30pm Monday afternoon. Apparently a neighbour contacted his sister after hearing screams (why not police?) and then she goes round on Tuesday at 3.30pm and finds him. I’m trying to workout when exactly these screams were heard. It just seems like such a long time in between. It’s not only extremely risky to hang about that long but what’s the purpose of doing so? If it’s a hit he would be in and out as fast as possible surely?

Well it's also possible that the dismemberment was carried out in order to dispose of him in an easier fashion. Any dismemberment was carried out after after the killing, at last 6 hours after since there was so little blood. He may have been murdered quickly, ...though the screams and noise are concerning.
Is there an incinerator chute in that building?

Right. So far it seems no one heard anything which makes me think that he was knocked unconscious or already dead before he was dismembered.

Why dismember him and then leave his body in the apartment if the killer had an intent to carry it elsewhere? This makes me think that the killing might have occurred in the moment rather than Fahim being specifically targeted. Also, why would the killer risk coming back to the apartment?

To me it Sounds like he was tasered as he left the lift. Then he may have come round, possibly found himself tied up and that’s when the screaming happened. Do we know what day/time his neighbours heard these screams? He was seen leaving the elevator with the masked assailant at 1.30pm Monday afternoon. Apparently a neighbour contacted his sister after hearing screams (why not police?) and then she goes round on Tuesday at 3.30pm and finds him. I’m trying to workout when exactly these screams were heard. It just seems like such a long time in between. It’s not only extremely risky to hang about that long but what’s the purpose of doing so? If it’s a hit he would be in and out as fast as possible surely?

Every article I have read so far hasn't mentioned screams. Are you sure?

Well, if that is the case, the killing potentially being a hit seems more unlikely.

Wondering if someone as busy as FS might use dating sites like Tinder or possibly, Adam2Adam?
If the elevators go to the individual apartments, you might expect that Fahim would get out right away unless he was expecting to meet with someone.
speculation, imo.

Right, exactly what I though also. Especially now with the virus when our social lives have pretty much been shattered, it seems plausible that he could do that if he was looking for a partner/ hookup.

Right. So far it seems no one heard anything which makes me think that he was knocked unconscious or already dead before he was dismembered.

Why dismember him and then leave his body in the apartment if the killer had an intent to carry it elsewhere? This makes me think that the killing might have occurred in the moment rather than Fahim being specifically targeted. Also, why would the killer risk coming back to the apartment?
I think the killer did intend to dispose of the remains, but was interrupted by the sister arriving, thus his quick escape. There were also signs of a preliminary clean up apparently.
I also think the murder was premeditated because of the saw, which I think he brought in the suitcase he was carrying.
The more I think about it, the more I believe he intended to throw those bags into the garbage chute...maybe...likely the apartments had individual chutes. That garbage in the hold either could have been incinerated right there, or be taken away the next day or whenever.

I think the killer did intend to dispose of the remains, but was interrupted by the sister arriving, thus his quick escape. There were also signs of a preliminary clean up apparently.
I also think the murder was premeditated because of the saw, which I think he brought in the suitcase he was carrying.
The more I think about it, the more I believe he intended to throw those bags into the garbage chute...likely the apartments had individual chutes. That garbage in the hold either could have been incinerated right there, or be taken away the next day or whenever.

do we know how the murderer escaped?

Every article I have read so far hasn't mentioned screams. Are you sure?

Well, if that is the case, the killing potentially being a hit seems more unlikely.
In this article it says his neighbours heard screams, which prompted his sister to try and contact him.

One of Saleh's friends told NBC that: "One of the neighbors heard screaming and very loud noises when this happened. I don't know why the neighbors didn't call the cops."

Who are Fahim Saleh’s sisters, Rif Saleh and Ruby Bashir, and which sister found him ‘decapitated’?

also here;
Body of Fahim Saleh found dismembered in multi-million dollar condo in New York City

Last edited:
do we know how the murderer escaped?
There was a separate egress in the apartment.....to the stairs. He may have gone out through the fire escape. What floor is this apartment on, does anyone know?
I also wonder about a vehicle, I expect LE is checking video surveillance.

eta...I also wonder if he left the suitcase.

There was a separate egress in the apartment.....to the stairs. He may have gone out through the fire escape. What floor is this apartment on, does anyone know?
I also wonder about a vehicle, I expect LE is checking video surveillance.

His apartment is on the 7th floor.
I'm hoping they will recover surveillance footage soon. It is NYC after all.

This also reminds me of the Derman's (?) in the Carolinas where the husband was decapitated in his garage and the head is missing. The wife was drowned. JMO This is very personal in my opinion, I think he was tortured for hours before he was killed.

Yep. But it was in Georgia, not the Carolinas. I feel like this case (not the Dermond case) is both business and personal.

Yeah, that's true. Of course it happens. Cartels and mobs do have their signature vendetta techniques and they kill certain way to make a point. But generally speaking, business gone wrong killings aren't conducted in such a fashion. If someone just wants another person dead, they don't usually cut them to pieces and torture them. It is rather uncommon.

Yet according to MSM the NYPD is saying this crime was financial in nature related to a business deal:
A senior NYPD official leading the investigation confirmed to NBC New York on Wednesday that the motive appeared to be financial in nature, the result of a bad business deal.
Sources: Beheaded, Dismembered Tech Entrepreneur Found in Luxe NYC Apartment

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back