GUILTY NY - Fahim Saleh, 33, millionaire tech entrepreneur, dismembered, Manhattan, 15 July 2020 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
As investigators were sifting through the horrific crime scene for clues, TH allegedly decided some rest and relaxation was in order. He rented a loft-like Airbnb just across lower Manhattan.

Surveillance video shows a man identified as TH hopping into cabs for some retail therapy, taking strolls with his curvy mystery pal and picking up the metallic gold helium balloons that he allegedly bought with Fahim’s credit card.

Multiple videos show his gal pal walking with him while carrying a leather tote bag from the pricey APC store on Mercer Street. Credit card records show he personally bought the bag for her. In one video, the woman gets out of an Uber with him and is carrying a shopping bag from Christian Louboutin.

https://nypost.com/2020/07/18/tyrese-haspil-spotted-buying-balloons-after-ceos-murder-sources/

Yeah, I agr
The assumptions on this thread are incredible. It is really fascinating how a murder like this can happen, and then how the legacy of those involved is essentially a story told by the media.

We know very little about Tyrese. We don't really know exactly why he did this, how he felt, what Fahim said to him, etc. I'm not defending him or saying Fahim got what was coming to him - far from it, but IMO Tyrese is not a diabolical serial killer. He was incredibly disorganised and delusional and I think a mental health defense is appropriate. I'd rather he be locked away in treatment for 30 years than in prison for 10 and then released because by then he will be in a gang and have that Rikers education to go on.

This is a fluff portfolio for his promotional work - "personal assistants" are essentially brand managers for people.

I think she may have been the motivator, unknowingly or not. Consider this - Tyrese has built up this persona of being a successful upscale tech ceo PA, he has made high profile friends and now he has a girlfriend. Fahim cut him off, forces him to repay the money, and now Tyrese's reputation and relationships are compromised. He has to continue keeping up appearances for this girl of being rich and successful. He rents the loft, he buys stuff for her - he couldn't keep doing that without access to the credit card.

Meanwhile, Tyrese has virtually no public social media presence, which is bizarre for someone in his position (I'd expect 5000 friends, more or the same instagram connections than Fahim, etc if he was really hustling) - that sounds like someone with bipolar, antisocial or schizophrenia to me - the American Psycho comparison doesn't work because Tyrese has no outward or reported behaviors of a charming sociopath.

Anyway the original point of my post is to watch how much you project onto victims and perps. Research the facts to help form your profile, don't play a movie in your mind.

I agree. It happens a lot in cases discussed online. People tend to project and attribute characteristics onto the victim and perp which may not exist. I do it myself.

As the coronavirus pandemic spread throughout the world, Fahim adapted his company to deliver food and other goods to customers.

A college friend described him to The Times as a generous man who'd used his money to buy his parents a home and a Tesla.

Personal Assistant Reportedly Arrested In Grisly Killing Of Tech Exec Found Dismembered In His Luxury NYC Condo

I've only read good things about this poor man. He always seemed to be helping others.

In my wildest dreams I can't begin to imagine what his sister is going through now. It would be impossible to erase the horrific scene that confronted her.

Yeah, I agr

I agree. It happens a lot in cases discussed online. People tend to project and attribute characteristics onto the victim and perp which may not exist. I do it myself.

yes, speculation & story-telling is what most people are here for! Thanks for the reminder that it’s good to go back to square 1 & play the story out another way, instead of following the first storyline all the way to the end.

Just wanted to add re perp’s SM - some more sophisticated young people have started to recognize what a burden & liability SM has become & starting deleting accounts & stepping back.

This deranged ninja def does not seem to fit the bill of ‘more sophisticated’ but still worth mentioning as a possibility.

Some thoughts:
The assistant was identified as Tyrese Haspil, 21, who handled Saleh's finances and personal matters, according to police. He allegedly owed Saleh tens of thousands of dollars, and was on a repayment plan, a law enforcement official said.
- Somehow LE learned of this, so it must not have been hidden, as just a secret agreement between Fahim and TH. LE was able to reveal this fairly quickly. Fahim must have confided in at least one other person what was happening with TH regarding the embezzlement and repayment agreement.
Fahim Saleh's executive assistant is charged with murder in death of tech entrepreneur - CNN

- I do not know that we actually have MSM confirmation that TH had been fired from his employment with Fahim, do we? I see a headline here that states it, but no confirmation in the text of the article.
Defendant in Tech CEO’s Murder Was Fired for Allegedly Stealing $90,000 from Victim: Report

- Early reporting of Fahim’s sister finding him has changed to his cousin finding him. Either way it is horrific that a family member came upon this terrible scene. It is another example though of how details can change a bit after the first flurry of news articles. I am imagining that the pictures of the distraught young women who were photographed leaving the scene were disputed by those who know the family well and were able to correct the mistaken identity report. From the same
Lawandcrime.com article above:
The suspect apparently Tasered the victim. According to police, the killer fatally stabbed him in the neck and torso, and waited overnight for the body to coagulate before dismembering the corpse in a relatively bloodless scene, but was stopped short before one of Saleh’s sisters apparently interrupted him while checking on her brother.
And then here:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2020/07/17/fahim-saleh-arrest-assistant-murder/
A family member discovered the remains Tuesday when she checked on Saleh after not hearing from him, NYPD Detectives Chief Rodney Harrison said during a news briefing Friday. Harrison said the family member was a cousin, but initial reports said it was Saleh’s sister. Harrison did not take questions or address the discrepancy.

Also, I am not convinced that Fahim did not recognize TH when he got on the private elevator with him. As Fahim’s personal assistant, knowing each other for at least 5 years, I think TH would have been very familiar to Fahim. But given the apparently deteriorated and strained relationship they had at the time of the crime, Fahim may have been very puzzled if not frozen in fear of what in the world TH was doing there dressed as a “ninja”. It is chilling to imagine that.

Okay - here's what I have - and I'll shorten this up a bit too. Update in red.

Update!

Saturday, July 18th:
*Arraignment Hearing (@ am ET) - NY – Fahim Saleh (33) (July 15, 2020, Manhattan) – *Tyrese Devon Haspil (21) taken into custody (7/17/20), charged & arraigned (7/18/20) with 2nd degree intentional murder. Plead not guilty. Held without bond.
The decapitated & dismembered body of a self-made millionaire has been found in his luxury Manhattan apartment by his heartbroken sister, and cops are now hunting for a professional killer who cut up the 33-year-old's corpse with an electric saw. A millionaire tech entrepreneur who moved into his $2 million Lower East Side apartment late last year. Police believe they have surveillance footage of the suspect entering the building on Monday and then using the elevator. Fahim was incapacitated about 1:40pm Monday, 7/13 & sister arrived on Tuesday, 7/14 about 3:30pm. Fahim was tased after getting off the elevator with the killer. Was stabbed repeatedly in the chest (torso) & neck area.
7/15/20 Update: A cold-blooded killer, clad in a ninja outfit, left his victim’s dismembered corpse inside a $2 million Lower East Side condo just moments before the victim’s cousin arrived at the crime scene, a police source indicated Wednesday. The suspect bolted via a staircase as the sister rode the elevator upstairs to visit victim Fahim Saleh, with her impending arrival interrupting the killer’s efforts to scrub the bloody condo clean & dispose of the body. The killer left behind the electric saw used to decapitate the 33-year-old victim and lop off Saleh’s arms and legs, and the source said cleaning materials were also found inside the seventh-floor residence. He was dressed like a ninja, full out, so you can’t even see his face,” the source said. “He clearly knew what he was doing. We think his intent was to get rid of the body parts and go back and clean it up and make it look like nothing happened. He left before he finished.
7/16/20: Police on Thursday identified a person of interest in the death of a tech entrepreneur. They have not publicly named the person of interest.
7/17/20 Update: The NYPD have identified a person of interest described as an ex-worker, a personal assistant of Fahim's. The 21-year-old suspect Tyrese Devon Haspil has not yet been formally charged but is expected to face second degree murder & other offenses. The motive appeared to be a business dispute & the theft of tens of thousands of dollars ($90K). So far, no one is in custody in connection to the crime. Detectives believe that the motive for the killing stemmed from Mr. Saleh having discovered that the assistant had stolen tens of thousands of dollars from him, despite the fact that Mr. Saleh had not reported the man and had set up what amounted to a repayment plan for him to return the money, one of the officials said. Investigators ran a credit-card check and determined that Haspil’s was used to buy the saw and cleaning supplies used after the murder, and that his card was even used to pay for rides to and from the crime scene. Police were able to identify Haspil by anti-felon identification (AFID) cards that were spewed like confetti in Saleh's apartment after Saleh was stunned with a Taser.
7/18/20: Haspil was arrested on Friday, 7/17/20 & was arraigned on Saturday morning in criminal court in Manhattan & charged with 2nd degree murder. Mr. Haspil’s lawyers, Sam Roberts and Neville Mitchell, said their client had pleaded not guilty. Judge Jonathan Svetkey ordered him held without bail. Next hearing date 8/17/20.

Was it FS‘s sister or cousin that went to the apartment and found his dismembered body? I’ve read both.

Good reading when you have time as this helps explain how children can grow up to become
Tyrese when their young lives are involved
with trauma and neglect from "the system".
TH is another example of young children who were lacking in good care, stability, good values,
love and nuturing care as a youngster and some
of what can happen when that doesn't exist.

From what we've read so far it sounds like TH
was bounced around from families and into the foster system.
Interesting comment from the aunt who petitioned the court to put him in foster care, when she said "he was always going to do what he wanted." Sounds like he was also lacking
in discipline as a younger child.
Sadly, there's thousands of THs out there.

Consequences of Child Abuse and Neglect - New Directions in Child Abuse and Neglect Research - NCBI Bookshelf

rbbm
July 19 2020
Prosecutor: Video shows NYC dismemberment suspect buying saw
''Haspil's attorneys said he has had no prior contact with the criminal justice system and that there "is much more to this narrative" than the accusations and his arrest.

"We are in the very earliest stages of ferreting out the truth. The life of this case promises to be long and complex
. As the attorneys for Mr. Haspil, we urge the public to keep an open mind," read a prepared statement from Legal Aid Society attorneys Sam Roberts and Neville Mitchell.

Officers responding to the cousin's 911 call discovered Saleh's clothed torso, bags containing a head and arms and an electric saw in the living room of his apartment on the Lower East Side, police said.''

RSBM. <modsnip> Also, the number of friends that he has on social media in relation to the victim is irrelevant, IMHO, as everyone manages their social media differently. Some people add as many people as possible in order to become influencers, while some people only add people that they truly know. To translate the suspect’s social media friend count as direct evidence of a mental disorder is a huge leap.

Regardless, being diagnosed with a mental disorder does not equate to pleading not guilty by reason of insanity.

If one takes precautionary measures of any sort (in this case, disguising his identity when waiting for and accessing the elevator), they are recognizing that the act is a deviation from socially acceptable behavior; therefore, the likelihood of getting away with the crime due to mental disorder is not likely.

All MOO.

This 100%!! <modsnip>

This was a hateful crime. Whether or not he’s mentally ill doesn’t take away from the fact he came back to dismember a body and fled the scene when the cousin came. He was clearly very aware of what he was doing and not in another reality just going at that saw.

<modsnip>

If the defence chooses to play that mental illness card, how could they explain the fact that he bolted down the stairs so fast?? He knew what he was doing was wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:
Early reporting of Fahim’s sister finding him has changed to his cousin finding him.

Maybe Harrison confirmed it after the Washington post article.

"When Saleh's cousin rang the doorbell to his condo, the assistant was allegedly dismembering his body with an electrical saw and fled, according to a law enforcement official.

The cousin found that Saleh's head, arms and legs had been severed in the living room of the condo, NYPD Chief of Detectives Rodney Harrison told reporters Friday."

Fahim Saleh's executive assistant is charged with murder in death of tech entrepreneur - CNN

Tech C.E.O.’s Former Assistant Charged With His Grisly Murder

I'm inclined to go with cousin. These two papers would do fact checking after Harrison didn't address the discrepancy for the Washington Post.

Last edited:
Tyrese Haspil - personal assistant accused of murdering his tech CEO boss - had 'troubled childhood' | Daily Mail Online

Haspil's aunt, Marjorie Sine, expressed her shock over the stunning allegations against her nephew in an interview with the New York Daily News published Sunday.

Sine said that Haspil was quiet and 'at times annoying' as a child, when he was bounced around between relatives and foster homes.

'I thought [police] made a mistake because he never showed his emotions,' Sine, 52, said of Haspil. 'His behavior, the way he was, he acted nonchalantly. He would do whatever he wanted.'

Haspil allegedly displayed that nonchalance in the days between Saleh's murder and the suspect's arrest, as a series of surveillance videos purportedly showed him strolling around Manhattan's NoHo neighborhood a mile from the crime scene without a care in the world.

Law enforcement sources said Haspil was even seen purchasing a bouquet of birthday balloons he bought with a credit card he'd stolen from Saleh.

'This guy is the new American Psycho, only dumber,' one police source told the New York Post.

As investigators were sifting through the horrific crime scene for clues, TH allegedly decided some rest and relaxation was in order. He rented a loft-like Airbnb just across lower Manhattan.

Surveillance video shows a man identified as TH hopping into cabs for some retail therapy, taking strolls with his curvy mystery pal and picking up the metallic gold helium balloons that he allegedly bought with Fahim’s credit card.

Multiple videos show his gal pal walking with him while carrying a leather tote bag from the pricey APC store on Mercer Street. Credit card records show he personally bought the bag for her. In one video, the woman gets out of an Uber with him and is carrying a shopping bag from Christian Louboutin.

https://nypost.com/2020/07/18/tyrese-haspil-spotted-buying-balloons-after-ceos-murder-sources/
He took his girlfriend shopping with the victims credit card? :eek: Now that's cold. Those red-soled shoes take on a whole new meaning to me now. Moo.

I would just like to say that the revelation that this was not some dramatic hitman kill as speculated but a very dumb TWENTY-ONE-YEAR-OLD who did this over some financial theft that would be VERY easy to figure out, as they did ... well damn. And meanwhile we have an 18-year-old woman arrested nearby for another dismembered body on top of a McDonald's? What is going on with Generation Z this month?

Yes kind of " if I can't enjoy your lifestyle and millions as I'm entitled to, then you can't either"
Rage and revenge
Right. Which is not a mental health defense as some others in this thread would like to argue is fair here. No way will a mental health defense succeed. Everything was too planned and orchestrated, even if very poorly, for this kid to claim he was "caught in a moment of insanity." Moments of insanity don't last for several days while you remain highly functioning in all other respects and demonstrate awareness that your actions are bad and try to hide from being caught. o_O

Right. Which is not a mental health defense as some others in this thread would like to argue is fair here. No way will a mental health defense succeed. Everything was too planned and orchestrated, even if very poorly, for this kid to claim he was "caught in a moment of insanity." Moments of insanity don't last for several days while you remain highly functioning in all other respects and demonstrate awareness that your actions are bad and try to hide from being caught. o_O
I couldn’t agree more! From everything I have read about this guy, including the info from his aunt, he seems to have shown a disregard for rules and disrespect towards his elders (or mentors) since he was a kid. This crime tells me he has a sense of superiority too. Everything about him is screaming APD, IMO. JMO.

Re: the air&B, the shopping of luxury items for the girlfriend....
The girlfriend's birthday was 2 days after the killing...could the need to impress the girlfriend, the need to keep up appearances with her, be part of TH's motivation to do what he did?
You don't know what desperation goes through a killer, especially when they don't have a record of previous violence (as far as we know).

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candace22
Back