NY - Former President Donald Trump charged with 34 criminal counts of falsifying business records, Apr 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

Interesting that anyone has a comment about validity or scope since the indictments are still under seal.

From the same linked article above:

The exact charges of the indictment are still under seal, but Trump attorney Joe Tacopina said Thursday evening Trump could face more than 30 counts next week when he’s arraigned.

Yes, we're all hoping for that, that Trump will get a fair trial and it won't be a case of political persecution. <modsnip>
I believe that he will get a fair trial AND that his supporters will not believe that, no matter what happens. I am just hoping that no one gets physically hurt or killed by the upcoming protests.

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting that anyone has a comment about validity or scope since the indictments are still under seal.

From the same linked article above:

The exact charges of the indictment are still under seal, but Trump attorney Joe Tacopina said Thursday evening Trump could face more than 30 counts next week when he’s arraigned.
OMG I just had this conversation earlier today!

Trump will attack his indictment on three basic points. Let me rebut them

You’re going to hear these basic criticisms of the charges in the New York investigation – but they don’t stand up to scrutiny. Each has some merit, but ultimately fails.

I believe that he will get a fair trial AND that his supporters will not believe that, no matter what happens. I am just hoping that no one gets physically hurt or killed by the upcoming protests.
"His supporters have amply demonstrated their propensity for violence. But he has also demonstrated his propensity to hype the threat of force."

Correct, correct and absolutely. No matter what happens people will continue to believe the illusion and some may commit crimes in belief of this illusion

One of the details that immediately jumped off the pages of Southern District of New York (SDNY) prosecutors’ Friday sentencing memo for Michael Cohen has to do with “Individual-1,” also known as President Donald Trump.

Prosecutors were pretty open about who Individual-1 was from the start and how he came to “direct” Cohen to commit felonies:

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed>
If some of the charges include felony tax evasion, I think any jury is perfectly capable of considering evidence and delivering a fair verdict.

Surely his supporters are smart enough to know that a protest is not a good idea.

One can hope they will be smart enough to know that a protest is not a good idea. But as we can see, there will be some who think “protests are a great idea.”
I think that protests are a great idea. JMO.

As we saw on Jan 6, the violent “protest” was actually attempted interference with legitimate constitutional government business that would cost Trump re-election. So I can imagine a similar rationale of interfering with Trump’s arraignment could motivate his supporters to protest any and all judicial proceedings against him.
JMO

ETA: Linked quote.

Last edited:
If he's smart he'll ask for a copy of his mugshot so he can monetize it for distribution. May as well make some lemonade, right? He'll make millions.
You say that as a joke .. but

Trump and Stormy Daniels cash in on merchandise after indictment

His campaign sent a fundraising email soon after the charges were reported.

"This Witch Hunt will BACKFIRE MASSIVELY," he said in the email. "With your support, we will write the next great chapter of American history - and 2024 will forever go down as the year we saved our Republic."

The message asked people for money, offering a T-shirt with the words "I stand with Trump" for donations of $47 (£38) or more, which his campaign team claimed were "flying off shelves".

The Trump campaign says it raised more than $4m in the first 24 hours after news of the indictment broke.

Although I'm not trying to make light of this, your comment did actually make me laugh. There sure seems to be a lot of public protesting going on literally right now all over the world, for a wide variety of reasons. MSM outlets are reporting on it as well as social media. So serious question, who decides which "causes" are legit to protest for, and which ones aren't? (just a general sort of food for thought question)

I have no problem with protests on either side of any issue. But the key for me is PEACEFUL protests.
IMO DT has hardly called for peaceful protests. His comments, as I write this, remind me more of an “unleash the hounds” rhetoric. And these comments were made before he was actually indicted.

Squeezed by investigations, Trump escalates violent rhetoric
“Turning to social media late Thursday, Trump escalated already heated attacks toward Bragg, in one case sharing a pair of side-by-side photos: one of the prosecutor, the other with the former president holding a baseball bat. Hours later — just after 1 a.m. on Friday — Trump posted another message to his Truth Social account, warning of a violent backlash if Bragg brings charges. “

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1