NY - Former President Donald Trump charged with 34 criminal counts of falsifying business records, Apr 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

New York Consolidated Laws, Criminal Procedure Law - CPL § 30.10 Timeliness of prosecutions;  periods of limitation​

(c) A prosecution for a misdemeanor must be commenced within two years after the commission thereof;

(d) A prosecution for any misdemeanor set forth in the tax law or chapter forty-six of the administrative code of the city of New York must be commenced within three years after the commission thereof.

Looks like the statute of limitations is up. JMO.

Campaign expenses are tax deductible. Will we learn tomorrow that T made a tax claim for hush money expenses? No matter how much folks support T, I can't imagine that many people would approve.
I thought the hush money did not come from campaign funds. JMO.

As here, not if he falsely reported it.
So if he used campaign funds to pay the hush money and reported it properly it would have been legal?

Is paying hush money a legitimate campaign expenditure?

I'm trying to figure out what laws may have been broken by President Trump and it's confusing me. JMO.

I agree that FL will not extradite him, so in a sense, he can flout NY court orders, I suppose. And yeah, he won't have anyone's backs. Strange days indeed. It's really going to test our system and redefine some areas of states' rights, I suppose.
The only way he'd have anyone's backs is with a hand on them to push them under the bus.

New York Consolidated Laws, Criminal Procedure Law - CPL § 30.10 Timeliness of prosecutions;  periods of limitation​

(c) A prosecution for a misdemeanor must be commenced within two years after the commission thereof;

(d) A prosecution for any misdemeanor set forth in the tax law or chapter forty-six of the administrative code of the city of New York must be commenced within three years after the commission thereof.

I'm gonna wait to see what the charges are. It's not as if the DA doesn't know the laws and rules.

I would guess that they know them even better than those of us here on WS! ;)

So your saying that paying Stormy Daniels was illegal. Okay, thanks.

Not exactly; what's illegal is the manner in which the personal expense - the payment to SD - was covered-up and then recorded as either business or campaign expenses.

This SD payment is a personal expense. Paying SD to keep an affair confidential is not illegal.

But, personal expenses are not permitted as a tax deduction nor as a campaign finance expense.

Had Trump used his personal bank account, written a check, paid SD via check or cash for this personal expense ... and never reported it as a business expense nor a campaign expense, then this mess would not be happening.

Last edited:

now do fraud.
I'll add that you can knock me over with a feather if the GJ spent their session considering misdemeanors.

Last edited:
I'm gonna wait to see what the charges are. It's not as if the DA doesn't know the laws and rules.

I agree. Guessing doesn't work. But, I will add that there are a lot, a lot of people who got clarification on things like voting after a felonies who had been given the wrong information and were found guilty of voting when they should not (implication is that we are personally responsible for our actions). I think the most important thing that we can focus on before the charges are revealed is that Mr. Trump can sometimes play fast and loose in his speaking about issues --grab them....., saying something and then having a lawyer say not technically a lie because it was not under oath (Atty. Tacopina last week). Some of this mess would probably have been decreased if he did not do those actions. Tomorrow will be interesting. We will see the charges and, then, if Mr. Trump can be reined in, he will keep his comments short when he returns to FL, which is the smartest thing a defendant can do.

Coverage in The Sydney Morning Herald, an Australian newspaper.

New York: Donald Trump arrived in New York to face criminal charges in a hush money probe that will make him the first former US president to enter a courtroom as both a defendant and political candidate seeking re-election for the White House.

The 76-year-old’s plane arrived at LaGuardia airport at about 1.30pm New York-time after departing from Florida. Trump was expected to arrive at Trump Tower in Manhattan by mid-afternoon, in what will the biggest security stress-test since the January 6 Capitol attack in 2021.

“MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!” the president posted on his Truth Social platform as his plane took off in Florida. “WITCH HUNT, as our once great Country is going to HELL!

It's my understanding paying SD via campaign funds would violate campaign finance law.
(Because it's a personal expense.)

We don't know if that's is one of the charges; maybe we'll know tomorrow.

edited to add:
Also, paying SD via Trump company funds and processing it as a biz expense - would cause a similar problem w/ tax law.
I think his bigger crime is being a co-conspirator with Cohen and not reporting the $$$ provided by the publisher of the National Enquirer. iirc, he was one of the last witnesses before the grand jury.

Yep. We wait to see. What I see so far doesn't impress me much. JMO.

now do fraud.
I'll add that you can knock me over with a feather if the GJ spent their session considering misdemeanors.
So the Grand Jury only looked at felonies and not at any misdemeanors?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member