NY - Former President Donald Trump charged with 34 criminal counts of falsifying business records, Apr 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

Man arrested outside the Lower Manhattan courthouse

Victoria Ebner
Police appeared to arrest a man who had been yelling in the area near the courthouse around 3:30pm.

Multiple officers surrounded the area, handcuffing the man and leading him away from the scene.

"He was harassing everybody," an observer audibly yelled to the police.

Trump adds new attorney to legal team

Hallie Jackson, Vaughn Hillyard and Adam Reiss
Trump's latest legal filings reveal that he has added lawyer Todd Blanche to his legal team.

"I have been asked to represent Trump in the recently charged DA case, and after much thought and consideration, I have decided it is the best thing for me to do and an opportunity I should not pass up," said Blanche, who previously represented former Trump associate Paul Manafort.

His former firm, New York-based Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft, confirmed that he resigned.

A biography from the firm's website that has been removed described him as representing clients who faced "grand jury subpoenas, criminal charges, regulatory inquiries and actions, and internal investigations." He spent nine years as a prosecutor in the U.S. Attorney's office for the Southern District of New York.

Plea deal no jail time?

But trump can't admit guilt, hummm....

Even if convicted at trial, he might not face any jail time at all for the kind of crimes that have been talked about. More likely only a fine. So people who are hoping he would be locked up, may be disappointed. We'll have to wait for the charges of course though.

Media and tourists flock to Trump Tower

It’s orderly chaos near Trump Tower in New York, where Donald Trump will stay on the eve of his court appearance.

While police have blocked off pedestrian traffic on the pavements that immediately surround the building with barricades, the nearby area is heaving with curious onlookers and press.

Several tourists have stopped to take pictures of the spectacle and a few protesters are out with Trump 2024 signs, making it extremely hard to walk around.

But street traffic is moving down Fifth Avenue and the New York Police Department says they are aiming to keep street closures and disruptions to a minimum.

There are live feeds on his motorcade, on way to Trump Tower I think. It's giving OJ Ford Bronco vibes.

I see what you mean. Lol

New York mayor issues firm warning to protesters​

New York Mayor Eric Adams has a message for those hoping to protest Donald Trump's arraignment: "control yoursleves". Speaking at a press conference with police the mayor said while there are no specific threats against the city, the city is prepared, and encourages anyone planning to protest to do so peacefully."While there may be some rabble rousers thinking about coming to our city tomorrow our message is clear and simple: control yourselves. New York City is our home, not a playground for your misplaced anger," the mayor said.

He also had a specific message for Republican Congresswoman Marjorie Taylor Greene, who has announced she will lead a protest outside the courthouse.

"While you’re in town, be on your best behaviour," he said.

I don't recall ever even hearing about a protest AGAINST a grand jury indictment for a crime. There have been peaceful protests against wars, in favor of women's rights, gay rights, etc. but protesting against a decision made by a grand jury about a felony crime is a new one for me.

Here is a live feed outside trump towers. Not much going on except traffic:

Trump slips into Trump Tower

Kayla Epstein
Trump’s arrival was so fluid and under the radar that few actually realised he’d arrived.

Police never shut down the bustling intersection around Trump Tower.

City buses and the usual traffic continued to surge by.

Meanwhile, Trump's detail surreptitiously deposited him at his skyscraper, where a few skilled professional photographers captured his entrance.

1680554753436.png
Trump arriving at Trump Tower

Last edited:

Susan Miller, a 35-year New York City resident, said she thinks Trump is innocent and that she has “disdain” for Bragg.

“I’m here to complain about my DA,” the downtown Manhattan dweller said. “They’re letting criminals loose, tons of crime and they’re going after a totally innocent man.”

I’m not sure how false that outrage is. Some of it is from people that think this is politically motivated. The poll linked throughout this thread shows 76% of Americans think politics played at least some part. That 76% makes up more than just Conservatives imo.

IMO, more specific -

It's false outrage when no one has seen the 30-some charges, let alone the facts.

I'll counter that polling that question (is it politically motivated?) - in advance of folks understanding the charges - is itself politically motivated. lol.

Finally, this investigation into past misappropriation of Trump campaign funds began long before Trump announced his 2024 candidacy ... not because of it. The Cohen investigation led to Individual-1. Those who weren't expecting eventual charges for Individual-1 (once he lost the cover of the Presidency) perhaps weren't paying attention, or were invested in another narrative.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members