NY - Former President Donald Trump charged with 34 criminal counts of falsifying business records, Apr 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for the link. So, the judge rejected scientific evidence that may have decided the case. That's truly unfortunate.
I think it's more likely that the federal judge saw through Trump's typical delaying tactics. It's very clear in the article. Carroll's legal team has sought DNA from Trump for years, with Trump refusing. Only now that the case looks headed for trial rather than summary dismissal does he respond with the offer. If he truly believed he was innocent, why didn't he offer up the DNA to prove her claims false back in 2019 when the memoir was first published?

I am not a Trump supporter. In fact, I left the Republican Party when he was nominated. Yet, I don't know how I feel about this. He has done so many horrible things and has yet to be held account. I don't know if these charges will stick.

Regardless, there's no joy. It's a sad day that we've had a president who is charged as a criminal.

Sure she does and I've got a bridge to sell you lol.
E. Jean Carrol not only saved the dress but had it tested for DNA. Trump has been ordered to submit a DNA sample in the case but he has so far failed to do so.

Carroll, 79, has sued Trump for defamation and for rape, saying Trump turned a friendly encounter at a luxury Manhattan department store in late 1995 or early 1996 into a violent rape.
Kaplan, though, said Carroll decided to proceed to trial without a protracted battle over DNA evidence after Trump's repeated refusals to provide a sample.

“There is no DNA evidence in this case, and none will be introduced at trial,” Kaplan wrote.

I think it's more likely that the federal judge saw through Trump's typical delaying tactics. It's very clear in the article. Carroll's legal team has sought DNA from Trump for years, with Trump refusing. Only now that the case looks headed for trial rather than summary dismissal does he respond with the offer. If he truly believed he was innocent, why didn't he offer up the DNA to prove her claims false back in 2019 when the memoir was first published?
The article says, " (Judge) Kaplan said lawyers for Trump and Carroll had more than three years to make DNA an issue in the case and both chose not to do so."
And then, "The judge also noted that the report did not find evidence of sperm cells and that reopening the dispute would raise a “complicated new subject into this case that both sides elected not to pursue over a period of years”."

I'm not sure what to make of this

From 2020:

At least 18 women have accused Donald Trump of varying inappropriate behavior, including allegations of sexual harassment or sexual assault. All but two came forward with their accusations before or during his first bid for the White House.

Last edited:
So, does that mean no Cohen phone recordings concerning Daniels?

Why is a phone recording concerning Daniels important? There is a money trail which leads back to DT.

In 2019, the NY Times got hold of copies of 6 of the 11 repayments. Weisselberg had suggested that Cohen submit an invoice monthly for the repayments. I would say that means there was every intention to put the repayments 'through the books', claiming them (fraudulently) as a business expense.

The first repayment checks were from the account called Donald J Trump - Revokable Trust Account. Weisselberg then suggested they switch accounts for the payments. The later checks were from the account called Donald J Trump. Addresses on both types of check are 725 5th Avenue, New York.

This is hilarious as it appears immediately after another member of this group posted a long list of ongoing investigations into the former President. All being pursued by his opposing political party. This list doesn't even include the two impeachment attempts. Now, there's precedents. IMO I can see a number of investigations opening up on former and current high ranking government officials by District Attorneys across the country. Let the games begin.
Signed, an Independent Voter

RBBM.

The DOJ? The state of Georgia? "Opposing political parties"? I do not think the facts are as you think they are.

I am not a Trump supporter. In fact, I left the Republican Party when he was nominated. Yet, I don't know how I feel about this. He has done so many horrible things and has yet to be held account. I don't know if these charges will stick.

Regardless, there's no joy. It's a sad day that we've had a president who is charged as a criminal.
Yes. Now that he will be in the criminal court system, his attorneys can file all sorts of defense motions and as long as they are supported by law and precedent, they will be considered and litigated. So far, I think the judge has made some fair calls (courtroom cameras), for one. I personally hate the defendant, but I do want him to have a fair trial. JMO

Did Daniels keep "the dress"? I have never seen proof of this affair. Just curious. Maybe its out there, I've just never seen it. One of my thoughts, as the Cohen information started to unravel, was that Daniels and Cohen were colluding In some type extortion scheme, as common as these type "throw some money at it" cases are.

You are alledging you thought of "collusion in some type of extortion scheme" in this post and that's a pretty serious allegation of a crime to be making; especially against two individuals who've actually undertaken sworn oaths and testified.

Anything factualy-based to back up 'why' your thoughts went that way? I<modsnip> I'm really curious as to 'why' your thoughts would go that way.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is hilarious as it appears immediately after another member of this group posted a long list of ongoing investigations into the former President. All being pursued by his opposing political party. This list doesn't even include the two impeachment attempts. Now, there's precedents. IMO I can see a number of investigations opening up on former and current high ranking government officials by District Attorneys across the country. Let the games begin.
Signed, an Independent Voter

RBBM -- GOOD. If they're breaking laws then they should be investigated and charged. That is how laws work.

I agree with "follow the money". My opinion, sterling advice.
Audio tapes talking about the money and paying it in cash ... and the cheques Cohen kept. I'm pretty certain that they followed the money. The irony would be if they managed to follow it all the way to his taxes.

I'm interested to see the actual charges they've indicted ... to actually ascertain what they've charged him with, why, and if frivolous or not.

Updated timeline 1st April 2023

At least 26 women have accused Trump of sexual misconduct, with allegations stretching back to the 1970s and running through 2016.

"I better use some Tic Tacs just in case I start kissing her. You know I'm automatically attracted to beautiful—I just start kissing them. It's like a magnet. Just kiss. I don't even wait. And when you're a star, they let you do it. You can do anything. Grab 'em by the p ussy. You can do anything"

Trump SURGES in polls with record $8M fundraising haul off back of today's 2:15pm indictment - as world's media descends on NYC courthouse.

The case has bolstered support among his die-hard donors and fans; in Massachusetts and New Hampshire Trump now leads main rival Ron DeSantis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member