NY - Giraffe Watch: April, 15, due to give birth at Animal Adventure Park #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I hope it is just a sprain with Aprils leg and it will heal quickly! Maybe the little one kicked her? idk I have been gone all day and just got home.
Or, another thought I had, maybe it's from taking a swing at the good doc.

OH I just am checking in on my gson. Is he not the cutest smartest bestest ever !

There is moma eating and eating and eating

What are they doing looking for gold get them back together with all of you out

Just brings me to tears when April comes back in and check my baby out . And looks all around. They are triggering moms core fear of predators hurting her baby

I am sorry , no now, but I am going to find out if this is normal protocol it is disgusting.. and hey what can I say I did no like JOrson from the first time I saw him

She is such a good mama. She def is favoring/bothered by her front left leg - no worries lets just upset all three of them and snap a bunch of pictures

And that was the leg she went for the vet with she is old

Ha do not upset a Jewish grand father !!

Does anyone have an e-mail address for the park April is in? It appears April has an issue with her left front leg in the knee area. Shes starting to limp.

She is limping and when she stands still, she takes weight off that leg. I wonder if she injured it when she got so upset yesterday.

ETA: I have been absent most of the day (slept late and then took a nap!) and did not realize they separated the two again so the injury could have happened that time, too. Poor April.

From Animal Adventure:
We are well aware, long before the first email that April had a small twist of her leg today which has her favoring it. This is not unheard of in such long legged animals. Dr Tim was on site and all is well.

We appreciate concern but the bogging down of email servers and other platforms is the exact reason the giraffe cam will need be pulled.

While we appreciate the concern, it is interfering with normal park operations and preparation for opening; at a period when our resource of time is limited and cannot be hindered. Please allow our team to do as they are trained to do - we have their care covered!

https://www.facebook.com/AnimalAdve...6833958752824/961237897312423/?type=3&theater

Has anyone noticed all the flashes? I first noticed early this afternoon and quickly realized it to be camera flashes from outside the pen.

LOL
Actually what that means in my Southern/Irish dialect is, What y'all be eating.

I am way to old to be birthing any babies, plus I got myself spayed in 2007.

I had leftover Easter dinner for a "snack" today. Cake, too!

Has anyone noticed all the flashes? I first noticed early this afternoon and quickly realized it to be camera flashes from outside the pen.

Big giraffes baby giraffes don't know that is it scares them it's them capturing all these picture so they can push them out on the people they stole 5 from

Trust me he is pulling the cam by tomm morning

What they can and should do is have a garden, and grow all the delicious, nutritious and expensive veggies they purchase from vendors.

I am glad to see April's appetite is still healthy which I think is a good sign her leg isn't anything severe. I just hope anything that needs to be done with the baby in the future, can be done with a lot less stress to her.

How adorable! Thank you for posting.

Sorry if this has been posted!

4/16 Morning Update
Vet Check and a Thumbs Up
This morning the team got hands on with baby to do a full vet check and record height and weight.
Height: 5' 9"
Weight: 129 lbs
(there is a weight drop the first 24 hours)
Baby checks out just perfect!
Nursing strongly this morning without any concerns.
April has recovered perfectly and is eating everything in sight!

17903430_960070200762526_8132415428301770464_n.jpg

Too much cuteness!

She is in pain

Yes she is and I'm a long way from New York State.

April can have my crutches but I believe they will be way to short for her, anyway, she can use em to bop those guys guys on the head and will not injure herself anymore.

I hope she is able to heal okay and I know CARIIS wants to see some first aid intervention, I know I do.

I just watched the 2nd separation and it did seem April was still agitated but not as much as yesterday. I am not sure she hurt her leg while they were in with CARIIS grandson, at least I didn't see anything that looked like she could have done during that time to cause injury. Also, the longer they were in there, the calmer April seemed to get which made me wonder if this is how they build trust in April.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214
Back