NY - Giraffe Watch: April, 15, due to give birth at Animal Adventure Park #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I just went back on the video to before the separation and April was having problems with her leg before then.

I had to close the window. Same thing with Dobbie with the transfusion- I can't handle animals like that . My gson is so awesome and maybe later I will see- but no I cannot watch old April sit there after all she has been thru with her pregnancy , with being traumatized by a bunch of goons that have no professional way to weight but touching and picking up a wild animal 15 hours after he came into the world, while separating him from his mommy and doing it again today, and holding a photo op like Barbara while mommy and my gson are mortified, while you all are animal lovers

emotionally out for now hopefully i would be able to (it will be off by tomm) but i do not wanna watch Aprils leg , nor do I wanna see a collapse if it happens.

FY

Sorry for my ignorance, but does anyone know how long they plan to keep the cam operating? I assume it is a short term thing. I would love to know if anyone knows when they expect it to be removed.

Got my own answer – between Wednesday and Friday it will be pulled
https://www.facebook.com/AnimalAdve...6833958752824/961237897312423/?type=3&theater

[emoji30]
20a1df1836cc9486919105ebf6a1e614.jpg

This makes me a sad panda.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got my own answer – between Wednesday and Friday it will be pulled
https://www.facebook.com/AnimalAdve...6833958752824/961237897312423/?type=3&theater

That makes me so sad. I wonder about something. On their giraffe support donation page, they state that one of the uses for the donations is to install permanent giraffe cams. Since their goal was to raise $50,000 and they have over $141,000 in donations with more to come in I'm sure, why don't they use some of that money to keep the giraffe cams going.? Any guesses?

That makes me so sad. I wonder about something. On their giraffe support donation page, they state that one of the uses for the donations is to install permanent giraffe cams. Since their goal was to raise $50,000 and they have over $141,000 in donations with more to come in I'm sure, why don't they use some of that money to keep the giraffe cams going.? Any guesses?

Agree! We (and a million others) waited two months to see the baby. Seems only reasonable to keep the cam up, even for a few hours a day, longer than 5 days post birth.

Sorry if this has been posted!

4/16 Morning Update
Vet Check and a Thumbs Up
This morning the team got hands on with baby to do a full vet check and record height and weight.
Height: 5' 9"
Weight: 129 lbs
(there is a weight drop the first 24 hours)
Baby checks out just perfect!
Nursing strongly this morning without any concerns.
April has recovered perfectly and is eating everything in sight!

17903430_960070200762526_8132415428301770464_n.jpg

Too much cuteness!

April's hooves should be trimmed to the same shape as CARIIS's grandson's. Instead it looks like she's walking on round disks. They need to spend some of that money on a pedicure.

The cam was only ever going to be up for five days

Maybe so, but we all know that they never dreamed of the huge following this would draw and I don't think they knew it would be a big money maker. I think that they are making a ton of money off of this and it wouldn't hurt them to give something back to April's fans.

Agree! We (and a million others) waited two months to see the baby. Seems only reasonable to keep the cam up, even for a few hours a day, longer than 5 days post birth.

I wholeheartedly agree. More than a million people were so patiently watching and made it into a success for them. I think that a few hours per day would be a reasonable compromise. Many people are expressing their disappointment on Facebook.

Quote Originally Posted by dyannaON View Post

This makes me a sad panda.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:tears: Guess this means I'm going to have to take my ball, my blanket and go home. :eek:fftobed:

:gathering: Rats! We have had a really groovy time the past few weeks.
I will be bartender till the end... :martini:

I've been offline most of the day. Which leg has April injured? Is it her rear left leg? I've noticed she has been favoring it for several weeks now. She would lift it up to take the weight off it periodically. I thought perhaps she was having a giraffe version of sciatica. Not uncommon in pregnancy.

Edited: Never mind. I read back and see it is her front leg. I also read that now that the people they marketed to (the public) are concerned about Aprils well being and are contacting the zoo. Those people have become too much of a bother and the camera will be shut off early. If they said 5 day's they should give the public 5 days. Zoo's need enormous amount of money to keep the animals housed, fed, and cared for. I don't have a problem with them passing the hat for the animals sake. But sheesh......you don't shut the same public out that's been supporting you all along.

Apparently only ever planned to have them on for five days... :(

Thanks possumheart. Are they going to leave it on for 5 days or shut it down early? I deleted the post you quoted because I found the answer. You were too fast for me though. :)

Thanks possumheart. Are they going to leave it on for 5 days or shut it down early? I deleted the post you quoted because I found the answer. You were too fast for me though. :)
My interpretation from their facebook is that they will shut the camera off between Wednesday and Friday when baby is approximately five days old, as was their plan from the beginning.
I think they are a bit upset over the many emails they have had about April's sore leg, which is getting in the way of their everyday business administration, but generally they always had planned to shut the camera off.

My interpretation from their facebook is that they will shut the camera off between Wednesday and Friday when baby is approximately five days old, as was their plan from the beginning.
I think they are a bit upset over the many emails they have had about April's sore leg, which is getting in the way of their everyday business administration, but generally they always had planned to shut the camera off.

That sounds fair! :blushing:

I could not help myself and had to check in I just saw my little gson he is so cute!!

Apparently only ever planned to have them on for five days... :(

That I heard quite a while back. The way it was worded today I took it like they are going to take it down earlier we will see

Big kiss to my gson April and Oliver if they shut us out

I wholeheartedly agree. More than a million people were so patiently watching and made it into a success for them. I think that a few hours per day would be a reasonable compromise. Many people are expressing their disappointment on Facebook.

I so agree what exactly is time consuming about having a camera "ON"

vs "OFF"

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214